[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Design Doll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault0.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault0.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
Is this worth the money or not?

If not what's a better program?
>>
What do you want to use it for?
>>
>>3007375
just buy yourself one of those wooden dolls for about 20 bucks, saves you money and you don't need electricity for it.
>>
>>3007376
Quick pose reference
>>
File: 1495723875846.jpg (2MB, 2899x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1495723875846.jpg
2MB, 2899x4032px
Daz3d, Poser
>>
>>3007390
Source of pic, please
>>
>>3007390
I knew this fucking cunt was too good. There had to be a trick to it.
>>
>>3007527
iirc the author of gantz used to do the same thing
>>
>>3007390
I've yet to see Poser provide more than a basic stick figure pose - the muscles are always wonky and wrong.
>>
>>3007390
TORRENT WITH ENGLISH PATCH WHEN
>>
>>3007375
Just use the free version then? I mean, it has the posing and all the perspective tools, what else do you need from the program that's only in the full version?
>>
>>3007375
Only a retard doesn't know how to get the premium version.
>>
>>3007980
>get key
>use it
>do you want to register?
>yes
>restart program
>unregistered

What do
>>
>>3007537
Actually Gantz's author posted some pf his works on twitter ans seems like all the characters are actually drawn traditionally (while the weapons qnd everything else are digital).
>>
>>3007381
I own one of those and while it's useful, the poses are limited. Like you can't do a seated figure with spread legs.
>>
File: its telling me something.png (272KB, 395x488px) Image search: [Google]
its telling me something.png
272KB, 395x488px
>>3007375
does the free version have a male model, or only a female model?
>>
>>3008132
Then you've been looking at some traditional sketches or whatever. Gantz is created entirely digitally and he has assistants use 3D models to pose the figures based on his storyboards. It's not a secret or a rumor or anything, he's very open about his workflow and there have been tons of articles in japanese manga magazines about it.
>>
>>3008318
No they weren't, those were finished inked pages and covers of Gantz and InuYashiki.
>>
File: image.jpg (525KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525KB, 1536x2048px
>>3008318
https://twitter.com/hiroya_oku/status/848755203641757697

Sorry that Oku isn't a "hack".
>>
File: image.jpg (689KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
689KB, 1536x2048px
>>3008405
>>
It's worth the money, IMO.

I had a pirated pro version for a while. It worked alright until it randomly started bugging out. Certain features didn't work, and reinstalling the cracked version did nothing. I finally ponied up the money to buy the latest version.

The program is a massive time saver, and it'll pay for itself in the hassles you'll avoid if you're trying to do paid work as fast as possible. When used properly, it can cut out a lot of the time consuming work of laying down figures in a cohesive perspective.

Pros:
+ With the paid version, you can save figures you've created for future use. For example, I imported an image of a proportion chart, and tweaked the default figure to match it and saved the new pose. Now I have a perfectly proportional figure to start new scenes with.

+ Really, really easy to pose

+ Great perspective options. You can distort it in many different ways to give you a really unique spin on your figures.

+ Box tool is really basic, but surprisingly useful. You can add boxes to the scene to give you an idea of the perspective of the object that might share that space, giving you an easy framework to draw other objects in that same perspective.

Cons:
- Low detail. This program excels at giving you a framework to work from, but that's it. It's up to you to fill in the rest of the facial features, better muscles, better gesture, clothing, environment. etc. DD just gives you the basics quickly, but with decent knowledge of the fundamentals, this is all you need.

If you're trying to lay down one figure or more quickly in an interesting perspective, buy Design Doll.

If you're trying to create a highly detailed figure with more accurate anatomy, consider using Daz3D. It's more accurate, but a huge pain in the ass to use.
>>
>>3007390
Neither of those programs have the same interface as in that picture.
I know nips hardly ever update / upgrade their equipment, is that just some really really old version of Poser?
>>
>>3008577
It has the same interface as the Clip Studio Paint version that Yoshikazu uses.

So yes, another case of jap using an old version. No as terrible as Murata using a 480p camera I guess.
>>
>>3007527
Are you under some sort of impression that amazing artists just pull it out of their heads? Of course someone on a strict time schedule is going to be using references. Whether they are references of photos he takes of models, 3D software, public domain stuff, art dolls/action figures, etc.

There is no "trick" to it. It's what artists do if they want to produce work on a realistic schedule. The alternative is some dude who does it all by imagination taking 3 fucking months to release a single 20 page comic because he thinks shortcuts are the devils work.
>>
>>3008424
Few questions for you as someone who is currently using DAZ but is sort of intrigued by Design Doll.

1. If I already figured out the workflow in DAZ in regard to posing and creating new characters via the various plug-ins to alter faces/bodies is there any real advantage to Design Doll?
2. Can you save partial poses in Design Doll? For instance in DAZ I have various folders filled with poses that only apply to specific limbs, hands, head movements, etc. I can then combine multiple poses on the fly to basically have near unlimited flexibility in an instant. I wouldn't give that functionality up for anything because it really does speed everything up to where I only have to make minor tweaks.
>>
>>3010013
DesignDoll adds nothing if you already know Daz.
>>
>>3007382
then no
use a real human as a model
this way you know it's accurate
>>
File: 1440453499799.png (183KB, 305x567px) Image search: [Google]
1440453499799.png
183KB, 305x567px
>>3007390
>Attempt to do this.
>Can trace and modify a figure quickly enough that I can complete the final lineart in 20 minutes.
>Apparently I'm pretty good at this because the figures don't look traced.

I'm filthy. I'm going to get addicted to this. I'm sorry Loomis, but my body belongs to Tracing now.
>>
>>3010655
lets see.

also which program did you use
>>
File: 1488310225032.jpg (36KB, 409x427px) Image search: [Google]
1488310225032.jpg
36KB, 409x427px
>>3010660
DesignDoll
Here is a copy.
https://mega.nz/#!3YpUEQzZ!Pw7Ps69OMZgvR7p8mA13I8CQW30bSsa8FhUVLb22xNY

I feel so dirty for doing it. But I have been drawing for 5 years so I feel like I'm already matured enough so that tracing won't be a crutch, r-right?

If I don't give myself permission, then who will?
>>
>>3010675
I promise you that no one cares outside of /ic/ cares if you trace 3D models. There's no reason to feel dirty for doing so.
>>
>>3010675

It's all about the end result, really. Don't beat yourself up over it
>>
>>3010675
dude post a pic of ur work, i need to see this.
>>
OP here
Thanks for the responses

I decided to give DAZ a try thanks to >>3010013 and see if posing and adjusting is as simple as it is in DD. If not I'll just get DD.
>>
>>3012470
I'm the guy who mentioned DAZ and I will be honest, it's not the easiest to learn software. The posing itself is top notch and responsive but the UI will take a bit of time to learn just because the huge amount of features. That said...I prefer DAZ after having tried out both because Design Doll is the equivalent of a drawing doll while DAZ is the equivalent of having actual photo references to work off of. You can control so many things and once you get past the initial learning curve it's a much more deeply rewarding piece of software.

If you find the actual posing tools to your liking and would like some recommendations on essential add-ons to get to make things even better then let me know. There are all kinds of great partial pose packs, muscle morph add-ons (contract/flex automatically with posing) and character creation related packs to get. It can be incredibly daunting going through the store to find stuff because there is thousands of items so yeah. There are easy enough to "acquire" elsewhere as well if you're strapped for cash.
>>
>>3012660
And here I was wondering some times ago If I was the only one that noticed how amazing of a software Daz is for drawing.

Wonder how much people are using it.
>>
>>3012660
>>3012803
I messed with it a little and it pissed me off to be honest, I kept thinking that in the long time it took me to find a decent pose and correct it I could've been drawing. Do you feel like you need the hair, clothing and all the other crap?

Partial pose packs and muscle morphs are interesting though and I can understand why you would compare it to photo reference. These models are much more detailed than what DD has to offer.
>>
>>3015080
I sometimes posed with DesignDoll, since it gets my idea out faster. Then I re-pose it in Daz
>>
>>3007375
Skellyapp's pretty good.
>>
>>3012803
>Wonder how much people are using it.
At this point I'm using DD for most drawings that involve a figure. It just cuts so much time out.
>>
I'm curious what your guys traces of these models look like or finished work. Post some.
>>
>>3015080
To be honest...partial poses are more of a necessity than an optional feature. You need to have at least some partial pose packs to be as efficient as possible. It makes a world of difference to get something CLOSE to what you want and to only have to tweak it a bit. Here are some packs I like:
https://www.daz3d.com/dynamo-2-poses-for-genesis-3-male-s
https://www.daz3d.com/dynaenergy-poses-for-genesis-3-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-poses-walking-for-genesis-3-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/dynamo-2-poses-for-genesis-2-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/power-stance-poses-for-genesis-3-female-s

Any pose pack that is using full poses isn't even worth your time IMO. Partial poses is where it's at. That's the library you need to build up more than anything else. Once you get in the groove of things with DAZ it's much faster. I can knock out a pose, set up the lights, choose any clothes I might want and render something out in 10 minutes or less. Before I knew the ins and outs it ate up HOURS of my time though.

<Do you feel like you need the hair, clothing and all the other crap?
Add it on afterward if you want extra reference material. Otherwise it's not entirely necessary. I would consider other essential add-ons to be:
https://www.daz3d.com/zev0 (lots of things here like morphs for breasts, body shapes, etc)
https://www.daz3d.com/musculature-hd-morphs-for-genesis-3-bundle
>>
>>3015080
I would say to not use most accessories like clothes and hair, it doesn't help.

Tha main exception are the shoes. And stuffs like weapons or tools the characters could be using.
>>
>>3008424
Is it easy to make dolls with different proportions, like say you wanted to make a hunchy lanklet or a fatty ballerina?
>>
Do any of these programs have like model interaction/collision? It'd be nice to be able to model one carrying the other without them just clipping into each other
>>
>>3016453
>without them just clipping into each other

Why? You're redrawing above it anyway. You're supposed to handle this part yourself.
>>
File: 1497085485625.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1497085485625.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
Yoshikazu models his backgrounds then place and redraw though them.
>>
>>3016455
Is it too much to ask that a 3D model acts like a 3D object?
>>
>>3016457
What's the problem here? You don't need some fancy super realistic deformations to make 3d models interact with each others.
>>
>>3016457
you're asking too much from a guiding tool.

if you can't even imagine how stuff interacts with other stuff you shouldn't even be tracing for profit yet.
>>
>>3007390
Is this the dude behind prison school?
>>
>>3015832
Thanks bud, those partial poses are awsome. I'll try to mess with it some more

I'll be honest the thing that pissed me off the most was all the crap it kept installing. I removed nearly all packages in wanted to install and they kept popping back.

Are you using them as reference or are you tracing over the models?
>>
>>3019372
Yes.
>>
>>3010675
Thanks anon. Is this the full program? Can't check right now.
>>
I can't get DAZ 3D to start. I downloaded and installed it, but everytime I click on the download manager for it, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
>>
>>3020296
>needs technical support
>doesn't contact Daz 3D technical support
>asks /ic/ instead

hurrr durrr delete system32
>>
>>3020296
Yeah, got the same problem here
>>3020313
delete this
>>
>>3020296
You need to log in
>>
>>3020165
kek what a hack
>>
>>3020356
>kek
Every mangaka that has deadlines does this.
>>
I've got pretty extensive experience using Daz for the purposes of making lewds....and not for hypermuscle, futa, or waifu trash either. The biggest gripe i have is that this shit take lots of TIME to get the model to not look like a creepy uncanny dead eyed doll. There's so much more than just learning how to pose the model. You have to learn lighting techniques, and how to apply them in Daz. You have to learn posing gesture so that they don't look stiff. Learn facial characteristics that are attractive so you don't end up with an ugly chick. Creating an expression that works...which might very well be the hardest thing about using daz models cause the facial posing is all kinds of fucked and unrealistic/creepy.

You'll need another program like Zbrush to be able to create morphs...dozens of morphs to fix ugly joints, ugly facial features like noses, and things like creating compression/bulging of flesh for things like titty grabs. You can create displacement maps with it as well to give finer detail to things like feet, hands, vag, dicks, faces, etc.
>>
>>3010675
The serial keys that come with it don't work for me. Help?
>>
>>3021437
What? The point is just to use the model as a rough base. After that you're supposed to make it looks good with your drawing skills. Doing renders with lightnings isn't necessary at all, just do a screenshot of the wireframed model.
Same for more complex stuffs like boob groping, it's just a base to set up proportions and the pose, no need to make some deformation or shot like that.

Daz models looks pretty shit on their own.
>>
>>3021543
I agree
>>
>>3012660
> There are easy enough to "acquire" elsewhere as well if you're strapped for cash

i´ve bitten it anon, the interface is indeed a little bit daunting but the results are actually reallty good for studying anatomy and lighting. but I am a cheap fuck that doesn´t want to pay for poses, where I can "aqquire" some nice stuff to get me started?
>>
>>3010675
any recent version that actually works?
>>
File: 1495623381576.gif (2MB, 169x215px) Image search: [Google]
1495623381576.gif
2MB, 169x215px
10 minutes of digging and I actually found a working one
https://mega.nz/#!ZBVTRCyJ!39By7QI8B956dFrql81VUYzrqU8maUqyxasUh3a5Ru0
>>
>>3023488
Do NOT download this it has malware
>>
File: 1469184877492.png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
1469184877492.png
84KB, 600x587px
>>3024199
Malwarebytes detects nothing
>>
>>3024199
prove it
>>
>>3022765
daz3dfree.com has a lot of stuff for free, including the big official bundles

now I need to learn how to actually use the program.
>>
>>3024303
Yup no problems here
>>3024321
I agree, the free stuff in daz isn't bad if you are just using it as simple ref.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.