[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fashion Design

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 7fc4a7de848db67b38e9f179085b14c5.jpg (326KB, 3093x2209px) Image search: [Google]
7fc4a7de848db67b38e9f179085b14c5.jpg
326KB, 3093x2209px
I've been looking into different design topics and I have found it easy to find resources when it comes to vehicle, architecture and product design but I have no idea where to start when it comes to clothing and fashion design. /ic/ please help me out.
>>
The fact that no one has replied semes to point to the fact that I'm not the only person who doesnt know a thing about this:) Also IT semes like theres not a lot on cgp either.
>>
use the archive dummy
>>
File: ku-medium (2).jpg (50KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
ku-medium (2).jpg
50KB, 320x480px
Pinterest.

But I think what you're supposed to do is draw people around you. This way you get a sense of fashion, anatomy, light, etc. And it's true to your reality which is what art is supposed to be I guess.

I'm gonna bump this because I need reference material also. (I don't go outside very much)
>>
>>3007533
all i know is that my art school had a fashion department that had i think 0 classes in common with everyone else (maybe they did a few life drawing sessions) and it was 90% cute chicks with homemade clothes.
>>
>>3007540
Yeah I've been using Pinterest to find stuff that I think look good but stuff more along the lines of the principles of clothing design.
>>
>>3005915
find as many lookbooks and style guides as you can and be sure to include decade or century in your searches too
>>
>>3005915
Fashion magazines. When I go to Kinokuniya NY, I buy their japanese magazines for clothing inspiration.
>>
>>3005915
>I have no idea where to start when it comes to clothing and fashion design
If only we had some kind of readable medium that showed off fashion in order to promote it...
>>
>>3007577
Its becasue theres probaly no principles to speak of. Fashion is just rags arranged in whatever way ppl like
>>
>>3005915
You want to draw "fashion" or do you just want to learn how to draw clothes?

The first would be best practiced just looking at catwalk shows, they're on the website of designers/youtube. You'll have the added benefit of catching the atmosphere and moving lights when you watch the subject move. Fashion illustrations have a really distinct and different style, look at other artists in that branch. Looking at sewing patterns will help understand structures.

If you want to practice how clothes fall en move around the body using a mirror or a life model is the best. Also just pick a piece of clothing, throw it on the table and examine the folds, the texture, the shading etc... and draw exactly like that.
>>
I found this and I think its pretty informative.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgbG7OrLeM0DUDZQT4weTCaGWAfYz2ra5
>>
>>3008267
interesting, thanks
>>
>>3005915

I use lookbook for fashion references.
>>
>>3008201

That's like saying drawing is just lines arranged in way people like.

You're oversimplifying it, everything has principals and fundamentals
>>
File: C60DV-cU4AAnz8V.jpg (129KB, 766x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C60DV-cU4AAnz8V.jpg
129KB, 766x1200px
Check out those fashion week catwalk/runway fotos if you wanna see some far-out designs
>>
>>3008968
>tfw you're wearing this exact outfit right now
Don't make me out to be a monster /ic/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.