[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k- X2HcNfG9A Is he right /ic/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1346468069655.gif (711KB, 200x144px) Image search: [Google]
1346468069655.gif
711KB, 200x144px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-X2HcNfG9A

Is he right /ic/?
>>
>>3004998
he cant do either though
>>
>>3004998
of course you're right.

please don't shill your videos tho senpai. I like you and your videos and seeing you shilling on here hurts my soul. You're better than this
>>
>>3005009
Yeah, if I wanted to follow art advice from someone who can't draw, I would ask nosebro for a redline
>>
>>3005042
post your work my dude!
>>
File: deepseafishsmall new.png (284KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
deepseafishsmall new.png
284KB, 800x592px
>>3005046
ok
>>
>>3005052
that looks cool, dood
>>
>>3005012
i'm just a fan babe
>>
ive never had this problem, i guess im perfect
>>
>>3005052
um that is a PAINTING
>>
>>3004998
I've come to the conclusion that the only way to be a successful artist on youtube is to rant about stupid shit in an lazy animatic format and not by making actual art.
>>
>>3005052
i cant tell if youre shit, post your blog
>>
>>3005574
you're trying to be coy, but I know this is really a thinly disguised "blog?"
>http://putschui.tumblr.com/
>>
>>3005610
not really, you just happened to choose a drawing which disguises your skill
>>
File: ca447db9824af1ab5806096e7e.jpg (11KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
ca447db9824af1ab5806096e7e.jpg
11KB, 300x200px
>>3005613
okie :^)
>>
>>3005200
of course, you main audience is young plebs, that it, appeal to them
look at pewdiecuck
>>
>>3005610
>you're trying to be coy

>not "trying to be koi"
Anon you had one job
>>
>>3005046

NOSEBRO! Why haven't you responded to every one of my posts like you promised to?

Why do you make promises you don't intend to keep?
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 118x41px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 118x41px
>>3005681
>anon
if you want me to respond fucking tripfag or at least send me a pm on discord. Heck, you can even send me an email at [email protected]
>>
>>3005681
heck, even just saying "nosebro" guarantees a reply because i do a look everyday https://warosu.org/ic/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=nosebro i dont miss any of it.
>>
>>3005052
>>3005610
>gets taunted with the usual "post your work"
>he does
>its actually pretty decent
Nosefag BTFO for all eternity
>>
>>3005912

That wasn't part of our deal, Nose. You promised you would stalk me based on my art alone, and you haven't.
>>
>>3006075
sample?
>>
>>3006153
You've already seen it.
>>
>>3006381
Come on my dude you know thats ridiculous.
>>
>>3004998
>tfw "creatives" are just fucking stupid
>>
>>3004998
I guess I'm right sided when I'm creating thumbnails, but then I'm left when I get in deep on the render.

This dude sucks, who cares.
>>
>>3004998
Jesus H. Christ
>>
>>3006716

At least he doesn't go around selling them for $5. I'd rather a shit artist who overvalues his work than one who drastically undervalues it and makes people expect art that cheap from everyone.
>>
Friend linked me here, heya, thanks for the kind words.

I recognise I'm not a great artist or intermediate by many standards and it's perfectly fine to say "what gives this guy any right to say how to do this or that", because yeah, I don't have one. I'm not saying or doing anything unique, anyone could do the same thing if they wanted to.

I probably come off as trying to be instructive in these videos, but more than anything these videos have been a way to blog thoughts and self-reflect on my progress as I learn to draw and paint.
I try to present my thoughts well, and often get a varied response that I can reflect on more. If I'm absolutely horribly wrong I'll probably delete the video or do an updated version in the future.
I started drawing as an adult and so far a more apt name for the channel would probably be "Mattias learns to draw".

At one point a video caught on though and I got a lot of subscribers and I started to feel pressure to deliver weekly videos, but I've been thinking of taking a break to focus on art, and get back to it when I feel more confident in my skills.
It does get in the way a bit if I have to spend a day to work on a 4 minute clip.
I have gotten a lot of great and valid critique on my art as a result though that I would've maybe never gotten otherwise so I'm definitely making the best out of it.
I guess this is all also why the channel so far has never been "this is how to draw x", but just "start drawing".

I haven't gotten a lot of money from the channel, my channel/videos blew up when the youtube ad strike happened and all youtube ads were pulled for weeks. I missed out, but don't really do this for money anyway.

If anyone has any more feedback I'm willing to take it, but I probably won't respond to everyone and stay like an unwelcome guest.

>>3006716
I'm not super into doing commissions all the time so I'd rather spend more time on one thing and get more out of it than do a lot of smaller things I'm unhappy with.
>>
>>3006873
I think you need Loomis, mate
>>
>>3006873
i love ur art critiques in classic painters, really funny.
>>
>>3006716
seems fine
>>
>>3006873
https://www.4chan.org/faq#trip
>>
>>3006873
I've enjoyed your videos so far, keep it up mate.
>>
>>3006716
>>3006716

Looks fair.
>>
>>3006873
>spreading pseudoscience
kys yourself
>>
>>3004998
>>3006873

damn, I had a pretty bad opinion of the video on the first few minutes because I thought he was setting up the usual "if you're creative you can't be logical and vice versa" argument but i'm pleased by the ending, because it sumed up exactly how I worked and learned on my own.

A lot of people struggle with this on /ic/ because of the "draw from life to start" meme, they just get stuck in that phase and can't get out of it, and everytime someone asks me how I learned to draw from imagination I always answer with the same response.

acquire knowledge -> use knowledge from imagination -> fix imagination from reference (more knowledge) -> do this till your imagination is as good as it can be. I was very focused on the imagination part from the very beggining, but approached it in a logical way, now I have no problem drawing any human from pretty much any angle from imagination, which is cool.

great video dude.
>>
>>3006873
I like your videos, I watched a handful and I think your advice is very similar to the legitimate constructive feedback I see on this board. Keep it up, I'll be rooting for your progress.
>>
Your too soft /ic/
>>
>>3006873
welcome to /ic/
get out while you can
>>
>>3006934
>kill yourself yourself
>>
>>3005610
how did it end up like this
we could have been good together
now its dead
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.