[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently working on a digital painting, and really enjoying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ec1532c5a2b4666e05663cf394238e5a.jpg (428KB, 1280x1065px) Image search: [Google]
ec1532c5a2b4666e05663cf394238e5a.jpg
428KB, 1280x1065px
Currently working on a digital painting, and really enjoying it, but it's murder on the eyes, always looking at a screen. Do you guys use eye drops? When you're focused on your work it's easy to lose track of time and not take enough breaks.
>>
File: Cat Teef.jpg (34KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
Cat Teef.jpg
34KB, 470x313px
>>3004097
Eye "cupping" really helps me. Here's how you do it:
>every hour take a break, anywhere from 60 seconds to five minutes
>rub your hands together and cup them over your eyes, blocking 100% of the light out without actually applying pressure to the eye itself
>keep your eyes open while staring into the blackness
>(optional) try to make your field of vision as black as you can while cupping - imagine a black orb in the middle of the FOV, growing until it fills your entire view, only to imagine another, blacker orb in the middle of that layer of blackness, etc.
>breathe as deep and regular as you can this entire time
Every time I remember to do this, my eyes feel much better and relaxed. You could also try EyeLeo to remind you to take eye breaks every hour or so:
>http://eyeleo.com/
And if you work at night, you could try f.lux, which gradually turns the blue light in your computer to red at sunset, helping your eyes and regulating your sleep cycle:
>https://justgetflux.com/
>>
>>3004111
lol, i start hallucinating when i do this. cooler than phosphenes
i use flux normally but it isnt good when painting, it will look different/wrong the next morning
>>
>>3004111
F.lux should NEVER be used in an art environment, as it changes the gamma of your screen, which changes all of the values in the piece. This is horrible, horrible advice.
>>
Do you drink water throughout the day? Caffeinated drinks tend to dry me out. Same for beer.
>>
>>3004097
Your eyes are telling you it's time to stop. Our bodies are really good at signalling to us what it needs - which we promptly ignore.

I've talked to my eye doctor about this, and have been doing some things over the years to minimize any damage.

1. On a regular basis, like every 15-20 minutes, look up, look far away, like across a room, or out a window, and focus your eyes on something in the distance. Do this for a couple of seconds, go back to work.

Two, change the distance between your eyes and the monitor, so you're forcing the muscles that focus and maintain your eyes to move. Sit back, move forward, maybe raise your chair, or lower it.

Three - just stop working. If you're not on a deadline or need to finish for money or school - go to bed. Let your eyes rest.

I don't do eyedrops. In the past, when I did all nighters for deadlines, I'd wash my face often - wakes you up, and soothes the eyes.

There really isn't a whole lot more you can do. The discomfort comes from keeping your eyes in the same focus and position for hours and hours, change that up, and it should be a lot better. I'm a lot older, and have been trying to keep good habits with the above, and I don't have any eye issues, past the already existing near sightedness.
>>
PS - you have it a LOT better now, with LCD screens - spending all night at a old school glass tube monitor, your eyes would be two piss holes in the snow, I have horrible memories of all nighters at work, working on 19" crts working at an art publisher with insane deadlines.
>>
>>3004266
haha yeah, it was like looking into a lamp for hours
>>
>>3004097

I had to get reading glasses to make it easier to work long hours. Was only an extra $60 on top of my regular glasses needing replaced, helped a lot
>>
>>3004097
lol your eyes hurt from looking at screens?

hahahahaa
>mfw my eyes are adapted to looking at a screen and never hurt because i have looked at screens my whole life since early child hood.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 768x1024px
>>3004097
Yes absolutely, at least once or twice a day.
>>
I've heard of the 20-20-20 rule,never tried it...

Every 20 minutes of work,look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds to help reduce eye fatigue.
>>
>>3004326
this
though that says something pretty sad about humanity
>>
There's many days that I spend over 12hrs on a computer without any significant breaks and I never use anything. Granted my eyes get red as fuck but I don't really notice it.
>>
Make sure your monitor isn't turned up to be as bright as the fucking sun, that helps.
>>
>>3004725
>>3004726
>neglecting your body is now considered normal

Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
Buy those gaming glasses.
Serious, they help with that, but don't pay ridiculous prices for them desu
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.