[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things you drew a lot when you were starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

For me I had a thing with roses and would try to add them into anything whenever I could. Similar to how some girl I knew would always draw stopwatches or things related to time.
What's yours?
>>
Furniture and interiors
>>
Dinosaurs from a how to draw dinosaurs book.
And dragons too, sometimes.
>>
My favourite cartoon characters
>tfw you wish you never spent so much time on fanart when you were a kid
>>
dogs, birds, and flowers
>>
Animals, Monsters, Pokémon, Dragons and weird self-insert drawings of myself with my favourite characters from shows/games/films/books.

Despite only ever owning Dogs my whole life I drew a lot of domestic cats. For a few years, they were the only thing I drew on my own time (mainly Warriors fanart.)

I got a lot of traffic because of that fanart/the cat drawings and got quite a bit of money from dA commissions of people wanting their characters done in that Disney/Don Bluth style I had, while Bluth's films will always probably have an influence on me artistically, I wanted to develop and expand way outside of my comfort zone and get good.
>>
>>3002891
random people
>>
robots, cartoons, war stuff
>>
demons from the darkest pits of hell
>>
Tiddies
>>
Trees and faces. Also, trees with faces.
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 800x600px
As a three year old, people with long legs, because I was small and that was how everyone looked at the time. I drew Tom Wilson's 'Ziggy' because my dad owned some mugs with him. I needed glasses but had never been to an optometrist so I rarely thought to draw landscapes, but in art class I drew a group of local stores that other students thought was special somehow. I was able to draw sneakers very well at age ten too. To generalize, I drew cartoon frogs, dogs, cats, dinosaurs and people, along with small statements or weak gags. I wanted to draw like Greg Capullo or Joe Madureira with a touch of Mad magazine but I shouldve just gone straight into anatomy books.

If you think about it, it's a very medieval orientation -- you need glasses but they haven't been invented yet, so what do you orientate yourself around -- icons, or cartoons. Optometry must have had several revolutionary stages.
>>
The 90's was a funny time for kids learning how to draw, because while we had computers there was no ebay and information was still extremely limited. There were were no serious art teachers and all the kids just drew whatever they wanted without the correct materials or without planning very well. Even if they relied on familiar IPs, the art always seemed personal, which is a very American thing. I could never draw entirely subjectively so I tried to study what other people enjoyed, by a sort of objective route. I don't remember if I had art class in the states or not, but I remember some of the posters and patches on the walls.
>>
File: 1496419454743.jpg (16KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1496419454743.jpg
16KB, 600x315px
>>
Cats, man... Cats everywhere...
>>
Pipes and cables. I loved those things!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.