[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck does he do it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

How the hell do i paint like apterus? I just, i can never come close to figuring out how he paints. His work is just really identifiable, it's awesome.

Teach me, /ic/
>>
>>3002791
hes brash and bold
also loomis
>>
>>3002802
I seriously hate the loomis meme.
>>
>>3002791
>have taste
>know how to draw
>know how to paint
>draw something
>add value
>paint over it
>>
>>3002791
To me it looks like he uses a hard brush mostly, veryyyy little soft brush brush or texture brushes & lots of time spent. He uses color dodge to bring out light areas.

I could be wrong. That's just what this one image looks like.
>>
>>3002816
ehm, dude, I googled him, he has process vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_E__GTX5ZI&feature=youtu.be

So what are you asking?
>>
>>3002791
That face is really fucking bad.
>>
>>3002804
without loomis you cant do anything, otherwise you need talent
>>
>>3002816
>Reply
He's doing a lot more than that, he's shifting values a couple of ways using correction layers - powerful stuff, but not worth going into here in detail, better you learn to handle your values directly. Looks like he's using custom brushes, too.

Not my thing, really, and I'm not a fan of his palettes, but he's definitely very skilled and knows more than just the basic photoshop toolset. There's a few interesting aspects to his workflow, I'm gonna check some more of his vids when I have time. I watched one of the zombie girl vids, and it's very interesting, some of his approaches.
>>
>>3002824
theres a lot of trendy shading going on but it isnt terrible by any stretch
>>
>>3002804
Is loomis really a meme? The sticky talks about it. There wouldn't be a meme in the sticky would there?
>>
>>3003560
Lets be honest, rendering is the only thing that matters when you are decent enough at anatomy. It doesn't have to be perfect to be appealing to the masses.
>>
>>3003645
I think very few anons sit down to actually study him and practice the construction method until they "get it".

So then it becomes a meme... everyone calling Loomis on each other, nobody actually using it...
>>
>>3003645
You can't think for yourself?
>>
>>3003657
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
>>3003676
I don't know what you mean.
>>
>>3003657
>everyone calling Loomis on each other, nobody actually using it.
i used it :)
i also think construction is not a meme and you are right about when people "get it" and it seems like it becomes that but really they have just internalized it so they dont need it anymore.
>>
>>3003740
Isn't "getting it" and internalizing it the same thing?
>>
>>3002811
thanks to this post i now know how to draw something and convert it to edges..... thanks anon! i had been trying to figure that one out for ever.
>>
>>3003743
pretty much i guess.
but i will say this.....
loomis....
not a meme. anyone who says that is a liar and a deceiver ! (see what i did there)
>>
>>3003746
I do see what you did there. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>3003560
Definitely, but the guy legit has skill. I don't know anything about him, but I'd guess he comes from traditional media, because of the way he paints - he paints like an oil painter does. Not a huge fan of the zombie genre, and he tends towards dayglo coloring, but he's definitely talented. He's doing some interesting things you all should pay attention to, like using texture layers to throw in randomness in the skin textures, or to create freckles. He's also working classically - painting in broad strokes, adjusting for the final layout, and then drilling down on detail and texture and color over and over, getting more refined and smaller as he goes. He's polishing at the end.
>>
>>3003645
Shoving people on Loomis' direction when there's notoriously better construction methods and art instruction in general is the good old american way of having just the tools someone needs to do their job right, but giving them shit tools instead so they "desserve" the correct tools in the future.
>>
>>3002791
Take a painting class so you can learn how to choose colors and render. Then look up some digital art tutorials.

>>3003656
This anon is right.
>>
>>3005690
what are these other construction methods ?
>>
>>3002791
That's great work

He frames the head very nicely with the drapery and the hair, he used color very nicely to lead the eye and streamline the composition
stuff outside the focus (the face) isn't rendered as sharply
>>
>>3002791
well it's digital so you just smoosh it around until it looks how you want it to.
>>
>>3005778
Bridgman, o' reilly heads, hogarth heads.
Or you could draw faces like masks first then add the skull and digastric plane afterwards like Sinix or Steve Huston does
>>
>>3006661
>o' reilly heads, hogarth heads.

ahahahahahahahahahahaha
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.