[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should you post your failures online?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I have a blog where I post my work. However, only a small fraction of the work I produce come out satisfactory(10%) and as a result I don't update much. And because I only produce successful drawings that sets higher expectations for future me. Which leads me to my next question? Is there any benefit for posting your failures and keeping it stored somewhere as opposed to deleting it?
>>
>>3001403
Yeah I just upload it all.

Your recent failures sting, but looking back at even the most hideously botched projects after a few years gives you nothing but some fond memories.
>>
If you know why its shit, just work on it. I don't see any point to upload stuff unless for critique.
Unless you enjoy having an art improvement blog or try to gather a following with fanart or at least finishef pieces I don't see why you'd upload loomis heads on a blog. (I don't get LAS either)
>>
I post everything I do, maybe it will inspire someone else out there.
>>
>>3001403
In my opinion it is good to keep everything you do, but you don't have to post every piece of shit online.
>>
I upload 90% of what I do on my tumblr, I'm a bit more selective with my instagram and deviantart (more because I'm too lazy to post everything I do on every platform). The other 10% are usually the stuff I scrapped pretty early in. Even the stuff I disliked enough to avoid posting I usually end up posting on slow days where I have nothing else to upload.

The anxiety about posting subpar stuff went away when my shitty art consistently got more notes than the stuff I was really proud of, which was kind of infuriating but also just a reminder that I'm my own worst critic and most people don't think very hard about it. I'm sure posting some subpar stuff has lost me a follower or two, but I think it's gained me more than it's lost me, normies seem to love unrefined shit.
>>
I believe you should post your failures. I often learn more from journey to the final piece including my mistakes. The more I see them the more I know how to avoid them in the future.

I think all the art community learn from other artists mistakes as well.
>>
It depends on what you're trying to achieve by posting. I post my failures. But that's because I give myself time limits and posting on a blog is my "times up, get over it" limit so I don't overwork an image. Post it, it's done, move onto the next one. I don't know, when I post it I feel like it's just a good "you can't change it anymore it's already out in the world" thing.

I also think it's good to improve your study habits by studying your previous work to see where your improvement was sluggish, so you can improve future study habits. So I think there is value in keeping your older work, if you can keep track of what you're studying and how and want to really analyze your improvements and influences and what causes your art to change direction (or lack of, if you find yourself in a slump).
>>
>>3001403
yes under a different account name not associated to my main account
>>
>>3001403
I post any stupid thng I made in the last 10 minutes
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.