[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Francis Bacon the greatest painter of the 20th century?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: threestudies.jpg (76KB, 870x386px) Image search: [Google]
threestudies.jpg
76KB, 870x386px
Was Francis Bacon the greatest painter of the 20th century?
>>
File: 1495792331691.jpg (331KB, 863x613px) Image search: [Google]
1495792331691.jpg
331KB, 863x613px
>>3000666
>Bacon

Totally Haram.
>>
No, he was a shit artist, a shit painter and a shit human being.

His filthy, disgusting studio provides a real insight into his retard lizard brain. The only reason he's famous is because he was a crossdressing faggot freak that blew a lot of rich old men.
>>
Francis, please. They is the 3rd thread you've made in the past 2 hours.
>>
>>3000685
first time posting on /ic/. Im a /TV/ fag and was recommended a documentary on him. It was very good and i fell in love with Bacons work. Good to know other people like him too by what your saying
>>
File: self_portrait.jpg (25KB, 320x376px) Image search: [Google]
self_portrait.jpg
25KB, 320x376px
>>3000666
I appreciate seeing this being a thread. But I highly doubt Bacon as the best of the 20th century.
I find his work rather compelling but only due to the context behind his influence. Like his self portraits for instance, it was speculated that he was getting his partner at the time to beat the shit out of him so he had reference for distorting his appearance even further.
>>
>>3000706
He wasn't all that handsome to start off with....
>>
>>3000666
one of the greatest, but I don't know if we can call him the greatest, don't forget all the great movements of the 20th century and all the great painters that those movements had.
>>
>>3000680
/thread
>>
File: frankauerbachselfportraitid006.jpg (1MB, 1024x1451px) Image search: [Google]
frankauerbachselfportraitid006.jpg
1MB, 1024x1451px
>>3000666

>Francis Bacon
>greatest

Lol, no.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.