[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accountability?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

Hey /ic/ so there's a site called stickk.com
basically it's a place where you sign a commitment contract based on a goal you set, and each week if you don't do what your goal is the site immediately donates whatever amount you set to a charity you hate.

I'm looking for an accountability partner aka referee to keep up with my 3 week improvement/study art schedule on the site, if you make one too I can be your partner as well. Strangers work best because of ruthlessness and you can't get out of the pressure/motivation because losing money is a high risk that you can ultimately prevent by doing what you know you need to do. It's kinda extreme but... if that's what it takes.. and well, that's what it takes for me.

My name is svette on there, add me if you wanna partner. Hope someone is needing an outside pressure to really start working on getting better as much as I am!

pic semi related: the schedule I'm making myself do you can make your own/be inspired by a schedule with this artists downloadable version: http://suzanne-helmigh.deviantart.com/art/Make-your-personalized-work-schedule-447913008
>>
>you're so undisciplined you need shit like this
s m h
m
h
>>
>>3000515
>the schedule I'm making myself
How the fuck do you have all day everyday to draw?
>>
>>3000570
I don't, I forgot to redo the time slots on the side lol
>>
>>3000515
That schedule looks like a mess, you should just focus on your main weakness until you over come it and then move on.
Also, just use fucking excel lmao.
>>
Dug up her dA, lots of interesting shit in her journos:

http://suzanne-helmigh.deviantart.com/journal/What-to-do-as-an-artist-in-training-436797573
>>
File: 133954982610.jpg (145KB, 537x452px) Image search: [Google]
133954982610.jpg
145KB, 537x452px
>>3000570
I do and I only draw 10 minutes each day. Save me.
>>
>>3000515
You sound like you have a psychological disorder.

Seek help.
>>
>>3000628
Here's a tip that might help. Do your planning the day before. Set out an itinerary of how much / how long you want to draw. When the day to draw comes, just sit down and do it. Go through your list of practice / drawing goals. That way you're beholden to the list, not to your own stupid self control
>>
>>3000559
It's fine, I don't get all the "wanting to be held accountable is a psychological disorder" talk going on.

That said punishing yourself for being lax seems more like a cycle of negativity, when really I've found that quickly forgiving yourself and jumping immediately back onto the horse is what gets shit done.
>>
>>3000679
Sounds good, but I can see myself doing

>I will draw 5 hours and read 3 tomorrow
>sleep
>wake up
>sit still for 7 hours looking at nothing and listening to music
>well, I still have tomorrow

I wish I could just summon a demon lord to rape my ass if I don't do what I planned.
>>
>>3000722
How about setting achievable goals?
>>
>>3000724
Like killing myself?

I know you want me to set 30 minutes, but how do I know when to increase it? In one week I go to 1 hour? two weeks? Maybe increase 10 minutes each day? The concept of time freezes me by just existing.
>>
>>3000515
this would work really well for me since i really hate the poor.
>>
>>3001008
What did nosebro mean by this?
>>
>>3000732
Know that you can't plan everything in advance. Start with 30 mins, if you commit to it everyday, you'll know when to increase by the time. Sure beats doing nothing because of what ifs.
>>
>>3000732
Just starting is the hard part. If you sit down to draw for 30 minutes chances are you will end up drawing for longer than that. Particularly if you are drawing something that interests you or if you see some progress and get excited. "I'll draw for just 30 minutes" is just a trick you play on yourself. Just be regular about it to build a routine and it will probably grow on its own.
>>
>>3000635
>>3000635

This honestly. Also that "schedule" (which is a total mess) looks like something for the psycho.
>>
there's nothing wrong with autistic schedules
>>
>>3001146
>>3001159
These guys are right.
Every time I set a schedule I end up fucking it up a few days or a few weeks later. Starting is the hardest part, and when you have so many goals for a single day it's easy to get stressed.

>>3000732 you might want to join LAS.
>>
>>3000515
This is sad and unrealistic
>>
>>3001009
>>3001008
He's gonna join and waste all his money in a charity
>>
>>3000697
That observation is also made by Tim Pychyl and backed by research.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.