[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Consistent Schedule/Plan

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Anyone here have a systimatic way of figuring what you need to study in order to practice efficently?

Or really any kind of plan so to speak.

I love to hear what other /ic/ people do.
>>
>>3000506
bump
>>
just draw, find out on what you're bad at, fix it repeat

how long have you been drawing?
>>
>>3000786
One day
>>
Read this and see if that works for you.
http://www.learning-to-see.co.uk/effective-practice

The only way you can learn to draw something is by just fucking doing it. You're bad at drawing clean lines? Well draw all kinds of lines until you train your wrist and arm to be loose and steady.
Drawing is the same as any other activity. Whether you're trying to get good at freethrows, practicing scales on your sax, trying to squat 315 lbs, or learning to prepare meals and cook. It's all a matter of just doing it over and over again until you train your brain and body.

All of these "how do I draw?" threads are really fucking stupid
>>
>>3000804
just fucking draw jesus christ

why are you trying to find some secret that'll accelerate your learning? it's a journey and most of it is fucking up and realizing the right way to do it and you're wasting time making threads like these instead of doing the hard work you know you need to do (but aren't)
>>
>>3000786
>>3000826
>>3000829
i meant this because ive been "just drawing" for 4 years and im still not that great

i want to be able to know im studying properly and effectively
>>
>>3003206
>I come here to collect the magic trick

Read the sticky
>>
>>3003206
study perspective, than grab references and draw them from a different angle
>>
>>3003207
>deh magik trik

I wanna know what a good method of going about is

kinda like how some people go to the gym and just say "im gonna excersize" and do little to nothing, while others say " i will do 5x3 benchpresses and then squat 5x3" and get soem decent progress.
>>
File: facepalm.png (66KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
66KB, 520x293px
>>3003214
People do dips to get better pecs. Others want a nice back, so they do pull-ups.

It's the same fucking thing with drawing.

Find out what you REALLY want to draw. Then git gud at it. IT'S THAT FUCKING SIMPLE. Want to draw faces? Then study the face. Break it down into smaller steps.
What are the parts of the face? Eyes, nose, mouth. etc. Learn and UNDERSTAND each of those until you can do all of them. That simple.

If you've been drawing for 4 years and honestly never improved, I'm sorry to say you weren't drawing at all. You were jotting down random-ass lines on paper.

Read >>3000826 again.
>>
>>3003206
If you're just drawing you're just passing time.
If you want to learn human proportions then start drawing some proportional cartoon characters at least. Like from dragon ball z, or yuyu hakusho or something kind of simplistic but still with real human proportions.
Try to start out by doing simplified cartoon people instead of the realistic Loomis heads and bodies. Copy it exactly, or trace it if you have to.
The most important relationships to look at are where are the pecs compared to the head, and shoulders. How low are the elbows in relation to the torso/navel. How low do the hands reach between the hips and knee. Look at the humerus/ulna+radius length ratio. And femur/tibia+fibula ratio.
When I first started I learned by copying DBZ and other shit like that. Then I started learning actual fundamentals of how to make a head and measuring the body and different muscle groups, etc..
>>
File: 1496419454743.jpg (16KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
1496419454743.jpg
16KB, 600x315px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.