[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of my improvement?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: izJrIzs.png (844KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
izJrIzs.png
844KB, 1000x750px
I've been grinding 5 hours a day for the past year. Everyone is saying i'm making loads of improvement but I starting to suspect that they are bullshitting me. Be honest /ic/

This one I drew recently,
>>
File: 20160722_144634.jpg (290KB, 1000x548px) Image search: [Google]
20160722_144634.jpg
290KB, 1000x548px
>>2999477
I drew this a year ago.
>>
looks way more confident, but ultimately it's like you never left your comfort zone.
>>
>>2999489
I did leave my comfort zone though, i always study anatomy and i'm doing colors now...
>>
File: 404.png (738KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
404.png
738KB, 1000x562px
>>2999489
more
>>
>>2999506
old or new?
>>
>>2999511
These are all recent. Like within the past 2 weeks.
>>
>>2999541
Still all sketchy, try drawing more finished pic in the next year bud, you improved a bit.
>>
>>2999477
Pick up a piece you completed from a year ago, then compare it by redrawing it completely on a new sheet.
>>
try sketching it lightly with pencil and make propler line work with pen
>>
File: 1477709436361.jpg (430KB, 600x692px) Image search: [Google]
1477709436361.jpg
430KB, 600x692px
>>2999477
keep going anon
you can make it
i believe in you
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 400x500px
>>2999506
I love the sketchiness of this, but get a moleskin and work on that arm. Love the feet!
>>
>>2999477
You've definitely gotten better, but not by much.

5 hours is great, and you got the dedication/passion for it, that alone will take you places. That's what's most important. You just need proper guidance.

Are you drawing from ref? If not, you should definitely start. When starting out is when you should most be observing from the real world, and replicating it.

Also, are you following any studies? Books?

I certainly recommend you pick up Scott Rob's book "How to Draw" and download the complementary video, and start working that. Master perspective and you'll definitely go places.

After that, you wanna start doing gesture/Anatomy. Hampton and Vilpuu are your boys for that.

Gimme a bit, and I'll post some images in a bit that serve as decent learning guides.
>>
Drop the sketchy work, and especially drop the stylized painting, and do things properly. That's the hard part.

Complete pieces down to clean lines. It'd do you good to completely drop the stylized painting and learn to really paint, too.
>>
>>3002495
>Scorr Robertson
That's massive overkill unless op is very interested in vehicle design
>>
>>3002521
Deal is, learning to do vehicles gives you such a solid grasp of perspective, that it really tightens up your figure drawing, and polishes your ability to draw figures in perspective.

Imo, perspective should always be step 1. It's the most technical, but solid perspective opens a lot of doors, a lot more than any other fundie.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.