[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Henlo first time posting on this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

How do i go about drawing. I'm a good writer and have written a few novels to myself and a few people said they're pretty great and would like to write and draw my own manga but the problem being is i am a terrible artist and would like to know where i should start in learning how to draw. Any tips would be appreciated, or should i just go to study at uni for it?

P.S: i drew this a fair few years ago and was wondering if it was any good and how i could improve on it (my little cousin coloured it in)
>>
Oh and if anyone has or knows how to write manga i would be greatly interested in how you started or what i could do to start.
>>
>>2998085
>would like to know where i should start in learning how to draw.

Did you even look at this board for a solid minute before posting? Read the sticky.
>>
lmao this is like the fifth time today.
>>
>>2998085
>i am a terrible autist
there, fixed it for you.
saged, reported, read the sticky.
>>
>>2998109
>>2998112
>>2998115

Oh okay. Thanks for the help, i suppose i'll look elsewhere.
>>
>>2998120
Wait come back. I think it's pretty good for a few years ago. How old are you now?
>>
Just analyze your favorite manganseries dude
>>
>>2998085
>>2998120
>>2998157

I wouldn't mind seeing if OP improved over the years. And mangas not hard it's just a lengthy process but if you enjoy it it's no problems at all. I'm currently trying to write my own that i wish to publish in the nearish future. How i started was easy i wrote a short one about Guts and Caska based on Berserk only 13 pages long and had some inspiring ideas for my current one when drawing it all up and outside influences too. Maybe invest in some decent pads and supplies if you're serious about it and watch a few tutorials online before trying yourself if you haven't drawn in a while. I hope this helps
>>
File: 1493014231588.jpg (13KB, 533x458px) Image search: [Google]
1493014231588.jpg
13KB, 533x458px
>>2998085
YOU DID IT AGAIN

>closes the door and locks it

WHAT DID I TELL YOU, NEWFAG WHAT THE FUCK DID I TELL YOU LAST TIME

>undos belt
>grabs you from behind

STOP MAKING YOUR OWN FUCKING THREADS!

>throws you on the couch
>starts beating you with the belt
>smack
>smack
>smack

STOP *smack MAKING *smack YOUR *smack OWN *smack THREADS!!

READ THE FUCKING STICKY! *smack

POST IN THREADS THAT ALREADY EXIST!!! *smack

>you're bleeding and crying now
>smack
>smack

GET *smack IT THROUGH *smack YOUR SKULL!! *smack

YOU'RE WHY MOMMY LEFT, YOU FUCKING IDIOT!! *smack

STOP MAKING ME DO THIS!! *smack

>smack
>smack
>smack
>smack

FUCK!!

>throws you to the ground
>you lay in a heap sobbing
>reties belt

I HAD BETTER NOT SEE ANOTHER FUCKING THREAD FROM YOU AGAIN. YOU POST IN THAT GODDAMNED BEG THREAD WITH YOUR RETARD FRIENDS AND YOU DON'T COME OUT AGAIN!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME!!!

>unlocks door
>leaves you to find the loomis books
>>
>>2998085
Buy "understanding comics" and "making comics" by Scott McCloud
>>
File: 1000ShiaPerDay.jpg (105KB, 1300x732px) Image search: [Google]
1000ShiaPerDay.jpg
105KB, 1300x732px
>>2998085

Welcome to /ic/. If you are looking to hone your creative skills, please consult these general resources:

> One-Stop Beginners' Guide
> http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-draw-learn
> The w/ic/i
> https://sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

Concerning comics, >>2998873 is giving you a good advice, comics differ from novels in some ways.
Be prepared to dissect a lot of your favorite comics to understand how and why they work, because you can learn a great deal about writing just from reading great authors but comics are more graphic so you won't get it by instinct or osmosis.

Finally, make one comic before making a life-altering decision.
Make it a short one, so you are sure to finish it. Don't make a 52 chapters of a dramatic guns and sorcery opera with 32 characters, because you will stop after chapter 2 or 3.
Or worse, you'll never begin, because you'll keep rewriting your Magnum Opus until it's perfect, then you'll get angry and quit.

After doing it, you'll know if you're in the mood to make more, plus finishing something is great, even if you decide not to do comics that will have been a positive experience.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.