[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I regain my passion back in art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: z4.jpg (428KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
z4.jpg
428KB, 600x749px
I got serious about art 2 years ago. The first year was great, I was drawing every day, i was learning new things, it was just a really great experience. It was also the first time I started sharing my work online so every comment I got made me really happy. Now, it's like I dunno. I mean, I wouldn't say it's boring but I just don't seem to have the "fire" that I once had, ya know.
>>
It's probably because you don't have an overall goal for your art. Personally, I draw exclusively for fun. I have fun, I continue drawing. If you aren't having as much fun, maybe you could take a break from it for a bit? Maybe think of some bigger projects to draw. That's what I do once I start getting bored.
>>
File: tumblr_nn72dks6pU1re5qseo1_500.gif (189KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn72dks6pU1re5qseo1_500.gif
189KB, 500x280px
Start a passion project based on what you want to do with art.
Say you want to be an environment artist give yourself a project where you're to create maybe 10 fully finished environment pieces.
Also what the first poster said with the goal thing, make your end goal clear, and even your short term goals.
>>
>>2997887
A few years ago I posted on /ic/ about getting a portfolio review from an art college. The critiques really made me see my art in a new way, because they weren't harsh, but gave me direction.

Maybe you should have your art looked at by someone that can give you direction too?
>>
First his:
>>2997976
Later these:
>>2997936
>>2997956
>>
>>2997887
Draw what you like and look at your old shitty drawings to see how much you have inproved.
>>
File: dice.png (205KB, 1660x1916px) Image search: [Google]
dice.png
205KB, 1660x1916px
>>2997887
Wanna get that lil' spark back, I would say this (and it's rehashing from what other posters here has already said):
Switch up interests for a period of time, then return when you feel the urge. Once you've observed your past work, and maybe let someone else you know who's got credentials or the same interest as you in arts to share an opinion.

If you need some help, always return to the basics to perfect you art. Doodle, too. By accident, even doodling in the break time can revitalize that loss of passion.

Are you looking for a purpose in what you're doing, I'd recommend you take up challenges like the 30-day theme one (Inktober), the 24 hour comic challenge by Scott McCloud etc.

I'll post my roll sheet here so that you'll have something. Get some dices, or use random.org.
It's my first version, and could need a cleanup.

Just don't fucking give up.
>>
>>2997976
Who? Imagine you are someone who gets out of your house once a month to see a doctor just as quickly as you take a dump and live in a place with no good artists to be known. Now try to imagine who would help you.
>>
stop drawing anime
>>
>>2999158
There are lots of professional artists on the internet, and there are forums full of people that actually know what they're doing. Someone will offer some words for op. Not to mention you can apply to art schools with no intention of actually going (cost money), and get feedback that way.
>>
File: IMAG007.jpg (120KB, 912x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG007.jpg
120KB, 912x489px
Try changing mediums.

I was trying to generate pages of a graphic novel,and work a night job that demanded 48 hours a week from me,not to mention all the preparing for it and the half hour walk back and forth to it. And the processes of making these pages quickly began getting tedious:draw stuff in pencil,scan into computer,clean up the bits into usable elements and then hammer them into panels and pages afterwards. And all this left little time for a social life. I was lonely. So I looked into avatar based chat programs to have human contact with the convenience ,and spiritual nutritional value, of fast food. And I found Second Life.

A wonderland for the Creative, it was beautiful,challenging and inspiring all at once. You conjure building blocks out of the air,stretch and morph them into shapes,glue them together and paint them with textures you either uploaded yourself or found freebie libraries of,and they became the World. You could write scripts for these objects and make sophisticated machines out of them, replicate what you made with no material costs and sell them for REAL MONEY (well,you sold them for the in house currency and then sell that for real money to other people,almost the same thing). The only thing you needed was time and ingenuity, and after a day of building things,you could knock off the day at a club and bring home another pretty avatar to sweet talk out of their clothes! That alone nearly became a full time job too. But onto the building stuff...

The pic was of my last club,DreamGardens:the Dragon's DayDream. The building and floor textures were made from pictures of ice I spun into wonders out of PhotoShop. The trees changed their colors over time,as did the crystal grass. The plants were made from Mandelbulbs and you could meditate among the alien splendor or dance to new age music. I had a shop where I sold animated paintings crafted from GIFs found online and sold for peanuts,just to spread the magic!
(Continued)
>>
>>2999206
>Someone will offer some words for op

I'm sure they will. After sending about 50 ones he could get a response. The world is not that bright, buddy, everyone fucks you.
>>
File: IMAG005.jpg (502KB, 1797x963px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG005.jpg
502KB, 1797x963px
Everything in the gameworld engine was made by someone,and anything could be made by anyone given enough time and skill. Now that the prim blocks can be far larger than what I had to deal with,even more can be made with the allowance of prims each land mass allows. And not only can you make objects,but clothing too,fashion from fashioning textures on a template for covering an avatar,even as skin. Since I was active,polygonal stuff is the new normal, because hackrrs found ways of copying others hard work by divining the unique keycode of items and textures,but that has worked itself out,so don't be afraid to try your hand at making things. There is even a place called Builder's Brewery that teaches all the fundamentals of making things. Second Life remains a vibrant playground for the Adventurous Artist. If you have no other calling,may it be yours.
>>
>>2999223
It's called not giving up. No one said it would easy. Or, you could just post on an active forum, that works too.
>>
File: huh.jpg (48KB, 461x341px) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
48KB, 461x341px
>>2999243
Say that shit to my face and your head will look like a pineapple.
>>
>>2999246
le navy seal copy pasta
>>
>>2997887
boohoo, 1st world problems, boohoo.

GTFO
>>
>>2999246
>your head will look like a pineapple.

Only if you lack observationnal skills.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.