[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy a Wacom Cintiq. What size would you suggest? 13,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

File: DTK2700-12-g.jpg (101KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
DTK2700-12-g.jpg
101KB, 960x640px
I want to buy a Wacom Cintiq. What size would you suggest? 13, 22 or 27-inch?

The 13HD is the cheapest one, but it seems to be a bit too small. And how important is the touch functionality? Apparently I can save a few Dollars by buying a tablet without multi-touch.
>>
>>2997806
Depend on you, i never use the touch fuction so i just buy the normal 13inch one. 13inch is not small though, i don't even notice the size when drawing.
>>
22HD minimum. Though you might find comfort in the Pro 16. The 13HD is for hobbyists.
Touch is worthless.
>>
Bigger is better.
>>
>>2997806
>considering 22HD/27UHD when it's so overpriced for what they ask for currently
27UHD can't even output 4K and Cintiq Overheat 16 can. What the fuck is Wacom doing.
>>
Bought a 22HD Touch a year ago and it was well worth the hefty price tag.

Paying for the touch features is up to you. They're not at all necessary, but I will admit I use them more than I thought I would. They can integrate pretty well into your workflow depending on what you do.

If you're strapped for cash, an alternative brand might work too. The Cintiq 22HD - for me at least - has been worth the hefty price tag.

The 22HD is a totally solid size for me. I wouldn't want anything bigger. It already takes up a big chunk of your desk, and I imagine a 27in would just be too much. Remember - this shit is right in your face. At that distance, I think 22" works best. 13HD would be far too small, IMO.
>>
22HD, no touch.

27 is too big, and the 13-inch, while fine, makes it harder to draw because it limits your workspace size, and has poor ergonomics. I should know, because it's what I use.

22 inch is perfect for professional use.
>>
>>2997806
i got a 27 and its really nice, get it without the touch feature though because i hear its pretty much useless for the most part then you can take that money you saved and buy the stand for the same price as it would have been with the touch feature. i really like it .
>>
File: 45-245-wacom24HD-1.jpg (17KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
45-245-wacom24HD-1.jpg
17KB, 400x363px
>>2997806
I have the 24HD, non-touch. Touch was an extra grand when I bought it, and I don't really feel like I'm missing anything.
I have mine on a dual monitor arm from Amazon Basics (the 24HD is heavy as fuck). You can mount them on VESA mountings, and the arm makes them a lot easier to position - I have my arms tightened so the Cintiq doesn't move at all - and the new ones, with the lack of express buttons on the side, can be positioned vertically, which really helps.
>>
Forgot to add - I LOVE 24" of drawing space. 13 is workable, but if you can afford to go big, do it. It's worth it. Especially for being able to be zoomed out further on an image and still work on details.
>>
Isn't there a crazy amount of lag that's been fixed with the pro pen 2? It would probably make sense to wait until that comes out if you want one that's 22+ inches.
>>
>>2997806
I'd say know what your constraints are. For someone like me, who ends up moving around a lot, and generally not having a lot of space to work with, the 13HD is already pushing a lot of desk real estate. It's the smallest size, but it's already pretty big.
I also have the non-touch version, which comes with the matte screen, which I prefer.
>>
>>2999080
The 16" JUST came out, and the 27" was out like two years ago, when 4k wasn't really a thing in computers, and specialty products like Cintiqs yet. Do some basic research before talking shit, ffs.

It's also two separate products, the 16" is a laptop/tablet, the 27hd is a monitor.
>>
>>2999214
>It's also two separate products, the 16" is a laptop/tablet, the 27hd is a monitor.
That makes things worse, stupid
27UHD upgrade should output at least 8k to be worth the money they're asking for
>>
>>2999236
Nobody had 4k video cards back then, dummy. Why would they design to a market that doesn't exist? Are you THAT young, or stupid, that you think things should just happen because you expect them to?
>>
File: 1493254897762.jpg (128KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1493254897762.jpg
128KB, 498x498px
>>2999238
>says the one that can't even read "upgrade"
>typing like Wacom PR straight from leddit
There's no excuse for Wacom to not offer 4k monitors already when most pro studios and artists have hardware good enough to support such resolution since last year
Now proceed to end your life stupid shill
>>
>>2997806
You're probably going to get the most use out of the 22 incher. It's industry standard.
>>
>>2999245
Yeah, the next model will most likely support it.

You must be young, because only a kid could be so arrogant to think companies can just release shit whenever, and don't have the first fucking clue about product design, markets, what's even possible - but you know everything, don't you, little boy?
>>
>>2999259
>I-If i call him underage that will prove him wrong!
Keep trying stupid.
By not being ambitious with the market they literally have on a leash and can take to a walk any day of the year Wacom is doing exactly the same Apple did with their (shitty) computers, and more recently Intel did with their CPUs when AMD launched Ryzen and absolutely destroyed their overpriced prosumer chips. They're choking themselves. Fortunately for them there's still no real competence to their virtual monopoly as the chinks/nips haven't got their hands on similar tech, but when they do you can be sure they will drive market prices down to the floor (which is actually good for the consumers) and the ones harming themselves will be Wacom, not the others.

People may give shit to Sony for saying half truths in the faces of their clients, but if it weren't for them then no one would hear of 4k console gaming (gimmick or not it's a legit technology) and PS4 wouldn't have sold like hotcakes.
>>
>>2999268
Neckbeard rage at someone else, asshole. You just prove my point more and more with each rage filled post.
>>
File: 1488314749706.png (282KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488314749706.png
282KB, 700x900px
>>2999273
>Can't even refute what I said and resorts to personal attacks
Wacom is so full of jewery they're even unable to pay good PR employees. Sad!
>>
>>2999276
Not that guy, but, considering you're the one who started off with calling people stupid, you shouldn't tell people not to make personal attacks.
I mean, it's not like I'm surprised that someone who watches shows like your pic feels the need to tack on stupid to the end of every sentence like child. The hypocrisy is astounding.
>>
>>2999276
No, dummy, I'm done feeding you (you)s. Which is all you're trying to do. So fuck off, unless you want to talk about art.
>>
>>2997806

>your face when microsoft just realesed the best digital pen experience to date + it's backwards compatiable with the surface art studio.

>tfw your plebian ass still wants wacoms bulky chunkyness in your pressence at x times the price.
>>
I have a 13, I would rather have an intuos at this point. The size/ergonomics are just not worth it.
>>
>>2997806

16inch xp-pen here. I ignored the by wacom / none screen shitters here.
A digital-screen is a fucking must. Its so much better than looking away from your hand.

I have made leaps of progress compared to those who bought a cheap "small" huion / wacom etc. none screen tablet.

Cost me $379 brand new on amazon.

But.

I will say if you can afford bigger 22inch+ I can see that would be far more useful if you draw large or use your whole arm.

I draw with my elbow / wrist and fingers 99% of the time. Largest thing I ever drew on was a 11x14 paper. This tabled screen is just slightly smaller than that around 9x12 drawing area.

GL
>>
>>2997806
From personal experience, the 27qhd is WAY to big. If you have a big desk get it, but if you don't go for the 13 or 22.
>>
>>2999145
>has touch
>won't turn off
Wacom please fix your drivers.
>>
>>2997806
Huion is a good alternative to the cintiqs. They're much cheaper. I've never personally used one, however, I have a friend who has one and he says it's good.
>>
File: cum bunny.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
cum bunny.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>3000783
>best digital pen experience to date
>ntrig
>>
https://www.huiontablet.com/all-products/pen-tablet-monitor/huion-gt-220-v2-134.html
>>
How does the Surface Pro compare dedicated graphics tablets?
>>
>>3002130
This!

Ive been mulling over buying a surface pro 4. Any feedback would help.
>>
>>3000877
13 is garbage
>>
>>3000877
No such thing as too big if you're a professional doing marketing illustrations.

If you're not, then that's just a waste of space and money, though.
>>
File: 1337263681955.png (109KB, 261x237px) Image search: [Google]
1337263681955.png
109KB, 261x237px
Is the 13HD really too small? The next size up is nearly 2k, no way I can afford that.
>>
>>3002717
HUION YOU FOOL!
>>
>>3002130
>>3002654

Its good if you're okay with n-trig. You need to be okay with a slight delay (compared to Wacom) and you also need to draw your lines fast (or else there's jitter when you do curves and diagonals).

The benefits are its portability and great screen. I didn't need to adjust for color at all when sending my files off to get them printed, and at Fanime I was able to do live demos at my AA booth by casting my sp4 screen to a Galaxy View so the people walking by can see it. I use a razer orbweaver for all my hotkeys too so ipad pro is out of the question.

So if these things I'm using it for aren't very useful to you then there's no reason to get a surface pro 4 over a wacom or ipad pro.
>>
>>3002724
>surface pro 4

Isn't the new surface pro supposed to be a major improvement?
>>
>>3002748
Seems like the only things that are noticeably better are the introduction of tilt and lower activation force. However the other problems with n-trig probably remain.

There hasn't really been any hands on feedback by people who know the problems with n-trig so everything is still up in the air.
>>
Just buy an iPad it has better sellback value.
>>
>>3002717
I think it depends on how you draw. I recently bought the 13hd and it's enough for me. But I tend to draw small, never on anything larger than A4
>>
>>3002717
I find it hugely limiting for the type of work I want to do. Also It can be difficult to draw from the arm on such a small canvas (It's been suggested to me to just duplicate the canvas onto my main monitor.
Its likely me just being a pleb but I am thinking about just using it like an intuos from now on.
I have tendinitis on and off and so I have to be REALLY picky about drawing from the arm or else I get flareups, and oftentimes the screen feels too small for details from the arm.

I think its fine for character + line art, (if I'm not mistaken tehmeh uses one) but It just doesn't vibe well with me personally. As many others have said, a ton of professionals work fine on intuos or prefer it.

http://taylorerose.tumblr.com/ my blog to give a reference towards where I'm at.
>>
>>3002748
Microsoft was boasting a much smaller delay from the pen BUT the new pen is not sold with the new surface. Have to buy it separately.
>>
>>2997806
if you are willing to shell out the dosh, go big or fuck off. i used to have the 13 inch one. i sold it and upgraded to the big one. i wouldn't bother with the 13 unless you travel a lot. also i didnt get the touch because i heard that rubbing your hand on it fucks with drawing. you dont need the touch for the extra $500
>>
>>3002829
>I find it hugely limiting for the type of work I want to do. Also It can be difficult to draw from the arm on such a small canvas (It's been suggested to me to just duplicate the canvas onto my main monitor.
>Its likely me just being a pleb but I am thinking about just using it like an intuos from now on.

Wait... what? How does projecting the image onto a large monitor allow you to "draw bigger". Your arm is still moving the same distance nigga. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
BTW isn't the cintiq 13 about the same size as an intuos medium? That doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>2997806
I have a 13 HD. works wonders.
>>
>>3003890
Oh sorry if I was unclear. Those were kind of separate thoughts.
>>
The real question is how Wacom gets away with charging these outrageous prices. Hasn't the 13HD not been updated like ever? When I last checked the price like 2 years ago that shit was $800. Now it's... $800. You're telling me Wacom introduces pro versions of this stuff and the price is still the same (not to mention updated version doesn't even have 4k...) baka. I mean I though Apple was bad but this is just disgusting

Any cintiq alternatives / places to buy them cheap?
>>
>>3004173
Huion, iPad Pro, surface pro, intuos.
>>
>>3004173
Until now they didn't really have competition. When nobody else is making this shit you can charge whatever the fuck you want. Prices will hopefully go down now that other options are appearing and Dell/Huion/Microsoft are taking a piece of the action.
>>
>>3004650
They still have no real competition. No one who actually needs to work with these things buy the chinese knockoff. If the quality is not competitive then the price being lower will do nothing to lower the price of the Wacom product.
To my knowledge the only one that's a real competition is the Microsoft display and that one is even a higher price than whatever Wacom has.
Until someone offers actually equal quality for equal price then prices won't go down.
>>
>>3004686
The microsoft display is shit. It triggers before it even touches the screen often. Watch some videos on it.
>>
>>2997806
buying these is just fucking wasteful. I have the money right now for a decent one but I refuse to spend it.
>>
>>3004690
>my mom said i cant use the college money to buy anything
kek
>>
>>3004688
This is a "feature", I think.
Surface book does the same thing.
>>
>>3004690

Yep.

Not as if they're standard in every animation and game studio and the US. Not as if they're the most common piece of art equipment seen in a professional context. Not as if they've basically replaced paper, and most studios don't even bother to have scanners on hand anymore.

Totally Useless.

>>3004686

I'm being forced to use an UGEE at work right now. While it's "decent" for the price, it has definitely negatively impacted my workflow. I have to push noticeably harder to make a mark. Juuuust enough to slow me down.

Build quality feels a lot cheaper too.
>>
>>3005688
Intuos seems fine for everything but animation really
>>
>>3005692

It really isn't. It's tolerable for digital painting, but it slows you down.

For any kind of drawing (especially animation) most people benefit greatly from a cintiq. Take it from someone who pays his rent this way, the vast majority of professionals work on cintiq (notwithstanding Dave Rapoza).

Exceptions are (in my experience) graphic designers and interior designers. But that's more about layout and design than drawing/painting.
>>
>>3005701
Can you buy me one, anon? I don't wanna pay for that shit. But please wait until they release a new 22" until you buy me one. Thanx bro.
>>
>>3005715
Me too desu
>>
>>3005715

Sure, all I ask in return is a new car.
>>
Anyone can help me decide between these 2
wacom intuos pen s draw (85€)
Or
Genius M.Pen i608X (65€)
They're 20€ apart in price,
Id buy genious but since its only 65€ its kinda questionable how long till it breaks, but you do get a mouse and lots of additional keys
Im a begginer btw
>>
I have 13HD and I'm very happy with it. I had a similarly sized older Intuos before, and switching to a Cintiq was awesome, although the Intuos was great as well.
>>
File: 1479059691077.gif (631KB, 489x532px) Image search: [Google]
1479059691077.gif
631KB, 489x532px
>>3005860
>Genius
I mean, even chink rebrands like Monoprice manage to do better. Do not harm yourself like that anon.
>>
>>3005871
Do you have any kind of thoughts about it's size limiting you? Do you ever think "If only this was a bit bigger..."?
>>
>>2997806
iPad Pro is way better famalam
>>
>>3006072
I've never really thought that it could be too small, for me it's just right. But I've never used a bigger one, so I don't know what I'm missing.
>>
>>3006324
I see. I'm in the same boat. Have an Intuos 4 small and I'm pretty content with it after like 5 or so years but I have some lingering concerns that the 13HD will be too small for me for some reason despite having a larger active area than what I'm used to.
>>
>>3004690
>buying these is just fucking wasteful. I have the money right now for a decent one but I refuse to spend it.

I don't understand this mindset. You're presumably willing to spend years of your life practicing, but not willing to spend some money on a better tool?
If you think so little of your hobby that the money would be a waste, why are you so willing to spend the time?
>>
>>3005701
I mean I have one and I think they're worth getting except for the 13 inch one really. Would rather have an intuos any day over that
>>
>>3006556

I went from an intuos to a 13 inch. Even that was an improvement.
>>
>>3006816
To each their own. I'm currently using my 13 inch as an intuos. Helps a ton for some RSI issues I've been having.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.