[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art Getting Worse

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: how do you get worse.png (1MB, 1200x1064px) Image search: [Google]
how do you get worse.png
1MB, 1200x1064px
Examples of Artists getting worse over time.

While I don't like the head/chin ship of the previous, I hate how she draws now.
>>
Both looks pretty bad for different reasons.
>>
>>2997053
They got better though. Awful improvement, but if you think right is worse I got bad news for you.
>>
>>2997071
I dunno, I think the new one is still shit.
sure the anatomy is improved in places, but it feels so flat and lazy.
>no detail
>no shading or lighting
>no forehead
>>
>>2997077
Thats more of a stylistic choice than anything
>>
File: punchanazi.png (162KB, 639x312px) Image search: [Google]
punchanazi.png
162KB, 639x312px
>>2997053
the new style reminds me of this
>>
>>2997053
They evolved from deviantart anime to tumblr style. It's a natural progression for female artists.
>>
>>2997053
this is so petty, just focus on your own shit. they didn't even get worse, you just don't like it.
>>
>>2997053
>I hate how she draws now.

If she isn't your wife or sister, consider stopping to follow her. Simple as that. Follow artists which inspire you.
>>
I don't really see the issue. The right is just committed to a style, I wouldn't even say its all that weak of a drawing.

Styled? Yeah.
Lazy? I'd say so.
Regression? Nah.
>>
>>2997104
This video was pretty good actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AhGYo9TExU
Fuck communism.
>>
>>2997053
>>2997071
>>2997077

They just got better at symbol drawing. Both are flat with zero sense of perspective, anatomy, or any interesting gesture.
>>
>>2997053
2012 struggled with anatomy and propotion.
2017 struggles with using screentones they're intended to be used over the whole clothing. Looks flat, and got that crappy CALART/tumblr style.

What both gets wrong is shading.
>>
>>2997053
YAOI HANDS
>>
>>2997053
Oh hey I know that artist.

Yeah, I really dislike the direction they've gone, but their sense of flow,and expression has gotten better. The style itself is shite though, and I particularly hate how every single nose they draw is that weird box
>>
>>2997053
>Anime
>good art

Choose one
>>
>>2997053
her 2012 is kinda charming with all its mistakes, the 2017 is very punchable
>>
>Bust ass for months with constant, focused studying
>Get nowhere
>Take months off from drawing
>Get better

Don't ask me how the fuck it happened.
>>
>>3001458
>is a good artist himself
>thinks anime can't be good

Choose one.
>>
>>3001487
When you practiced, you expected your art to be better. Your expectation was high, so there was a higher probability you were going to be disappointed. After you took a break, you expected your art to be worse. Your expectation was low, so there was a higher probability you were going to be surprised.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.