[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

intuos draw or intuos touch?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

what the title says. i am on a very tight budget, and i need to know if the touch feature is actually usefull most of the time. is it worth to pay a little more to get it? or should i go for the draw version ? it's gonna be my first pen tablet ever
>>
You don't need the touch function. Isn't it like a twenty dollars more too?
>>
>>2995696
yes but in the country i am from, that is a big difference (like two weeks worth of groceries), that is why i want to be sure i am wisely spending it
>>
I never desired a touch feature for my tablet. You use it for your PC where every application is first and foremost optimized for mouse and keyboard. I doubt you gain much apart from more intuitive zoom.
>>
>>2995710
what about rotate?
how do you perform rotations in photoshop and paint tool sai, without the touch feature?
>>
File: fart.png (373KB, 736x900px) Image search: [Google]
fart.png
373KB, 736x900px
>>2995716

I have the draw small, exactly as its pictured there. Everyone says it's too cramped and hurts their hands, but honestly I haven't noticed that at all. It works just fine, Wacom's drivers can be wacky but a quick restart on the computer or reinstall can take care of that. Other than that, seriously, have not had any problems at all with it.

If you're painting, you should be fine, but if you're going for clean lineart/animation it's a struggle. Pic related, did this earlier this year with Sai and that tablet. As long as you're not doing any high-budget, professional as fuck work you should be okay.
>>
>>2995716
Forgot to answer the questions.

There are keybindings you can do in Sai, but there's also a manual feature at the top of your toolbar that will rotate certain degrees. Not sure how heavy your rotate game is, but it works fine for me.
>>
>>2995692
I bought the touch back then, thinking it'd be useful or it'd make my workflow more intuitive. I've kept it turned off pretty much ever since I got it.

Spend the extra cash on a medium one, small's not big enough at all. You'll appreciate the extra space.
>>
Wacom Small is awful, get a bigger off brand tablet instead. Check the sticky for details.
>>
>>2995692
Isn't Intuos Draw an S size only? Those are really awful unless you have a really tiny screen.

And if you're on a tight budget, I wouldn't go for Wacom. The Huion new 1060 plus tablet is comparable to the Wacom intuos pro. And if that's too expensive, you can go for H610pro, I have that one and it's pretty sweet.

Just check 'em and decide for yourself.
>>
If you can't afford an Intuos Pro you might as well just go for the Intuos Draw. Anything inbetween is pretty much just a lateral upgrade to the Draw.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.