[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I literally can't improve

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 27

File: Welp, thats it.jpg (51KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
Welp, thats it.jpg
51KB, 500x279px
If you are serious, and I really am unable to do well, then I must be a retard.

In other words, there is no way I can improve apparently since I have such a low IQ and I can't improve.

Heres the thing, I've bought drawing books, I've done exercises, I have put in the work to improve.

And if you are telling me that these drawings from this thread is complete and utter shit, then I can say this freely.

I can not improve, I can not get better at art. I am physically incapable of doing well.

Now I'm not a retard, but I guess art is just not for me.

TLDR, turns out some people can't improve.

And I'm living proof of that.

>TFW been drawing for several years trying to get gud.

>>2993312

>Thread where realization came through.
>>
Get your favorite actress/actor or something and try drawing her face all day for a week straight, no excuses. You should improve like never before.

I dare you won't, I double dare you.

>"I fear not the man who trained a thousand kicks, but the man who trained the same kick a thousand times." - a fucking actor
>>
>>2993428
This line is only good if you use it correctly, box memers will get a hold of it and expect you to do ten thousand boxes.
>>2993418
As for you OP, you're just in a down phase as opposed to an up phase, it happens. You'll get through it if you keep pushing.
>>
>>2993430
>down phase

Does six years of drawing count?????

Does practicing for so long that your soul crushes to the point that you aren't even alive anymore live up to that point???

I just want to validate myself that I can't improve, just tell me that I can't do it. So I can be free.

And this is how you will tell me.

http://imgur.com/a/cQZTD

A bulk of the drawings I've made over the years.

WARNING: PONY CONTENT INCLUDED
>>
>>2993418
Have you been practicing regularly? Do you correct your drawings when you can tell something is off, or just give up? I'm surprised you are so bad if you've been drawing for several years, but I'm skeptical as to how much (consistent) effort you've really put in.
>>
>>2993446
what do you think?

http://imgur.com/a/cQZTD
>>
Bro the thing is are you practicing correct i can throw punches all day for a year that wont make me a good boxer.
I saw your pics you try a cartoony style but it has no charm its flat.
I know this might sound like a meme but start with the basics and by that i mean loomis
>>
>>2993453
I've read loomis before, I guess it just doesn't register to my brain.
>>
>>2993444
Yeah, you have a ton of potential, you're gonna make it. Keep at it, you could probably use some help by joining a discord and sharing you art. More validation that way and easier to help you out.
>>
>>2993458
what discord would be good?

Last year I was in LAS discord for a while, but they banned me because I didn't improve.
>>
>>2993444
your drawings at least show imagination, I would recommend you learn dynamic sketching to make your drawings more solid.
>>
>>2993464
>Dynamic Sketching

Elaborate
>>
There are ineffable, intuitive mental processes that happen when you draw something good. Yeah you can construct and measure and formulate all you like, but when it comes down to it there is an essence to every drawing that you will have to learn to convey.

No one can help you find the spirit of drawing. Books and apprenticeship and all that can nudge you so close.

But to really draw the essence of a thing requires soul.

Strive to make art at all costs. Fuck everything else.
>>
>>2993466
go look up phil's design corner on youtube he has a couple lectures on dyanmic sketching for free.

Look for the drawing organics videos.

The exercises with the blobs will help your drawings look more solid and teach you to draw through your figure.
>>
>>2993444
>all that horse fuckery
I scrolled through a hundred or so of the images and didn't see any observational drawing or still lifes. You never learned how to stop symbol drawing, so it doesn't matter what else you try to learn. Go do 500 drawings of items around your house, plants, animals, machines, and any other random shit as long as you can sit down and just observe it.
>>
>>2993458
no he doesn't lol. he's not going to be good at the technical side of things and he should stop trying because if he makes that his goal he'll just commit suicide all the faster, and leave nothing by a pile of ill drawn loomis heads as a memento mori.

if you want to cheer the guy, the best thing would be to advise him to make his art even simpler, and just focus on expressing himself, and keeping it cute and appealing. you don't need to be able to draw to do nice drawings which invoke feelings in people. so let him get maximum joy out of it, not more suffering and toil, eh?
>>
>>2993473
ok, but I'm still reserved if I actually improve or not.
>>
>>2993476
I think this guy is right, you still seem to struggle with symbol drawing.

There are good sections in Betty Edwards' and Bert Dodson's books that go over this. Really helped me to "snap out of it" as it were.
>>
>>2993418
OP did you even ask yourself what you really want? You keep saying that you won't get better, but better at what?

I saw some anatomy studies in your portifolio, but most of it are ponnies. I can only conclue that you like to draw ponnies much more than real life, so why bother so much with consruction and form?

You say your IQ is low, I say your motivation is low and that's why you are not improving. Maybe you are right and you are just incapable of drawing people, perspective and whatever... So what? Art is about aesthetic, and there are a bunch of different ways to reach it. Everyone is different, so know yourself and give YOUR best.
You don't have to be Loomis to be good at drawing. You only have to make art you like and other people like as well.

The most important thing to do is to set honest, realistic goals and be true to yourself. Give a lot of effort, be persistent and keep going, but be smart and do something you really like to do.
Be critic too, as you are now, but be critic in a constructive way and don't put yourself down being pessimist.

Look for some pic you find amazing and you really want be able to draw. This pic has to correspond your spectations about what you really could make if you give anough effort. If you have the goal as base, search how to reach it, be patient and god speed!
>>
>>2993476
Alright, I'll try that out. Hopefully it will cause a shift.
>>
>>2993489
thanks, it helps, I just wish that all the previous work I've done wasn't for naught. But, I guess you just gotta push forward anyways.

gotta keep trying.
>>
>>2993444
>horseshit
sorry anon, your brand of mental illness is not one of those that can into art
>>
>>2993507
Nah, there's plenty of pony and sonic fan art that's actually well done.

I think it's more that people who want to draw fan art of a specific style they never bother to actually learn fundamentals and just try to copy what they see without understanding it. Which is why it can look kind of okay if it's clearly being copied but falls to shit when they try making their own poses.

You see it with comics and anime too.
>>
>>2993498
Not for naught completely...keep it...you'll have something to look back to, and help to see your progress. Study the fundamentals, do observation drawings like others have said, and in a year (or whenever) look back at your old stuff and hopefully you'll see a change.

Honestly I know how this feels, I've been at this embarrassingly longer than I should have been. Also watching people much younger than me who have been drawing much less draw circles around me. It's been a struggle. I think it's mostly due to the fact that I started really late, early 20s, and tried to self teach myself without proper direction. Therefore I kept making bad habits and mistakes.

After all these years, I have only just starting to turn that around after I got help from other people, and as much as it's looked down on, went back to school. I'm far from good, god I pretty much stress out every night thinking about all the failures in my life. However, after properly direction, I'm beginning to see some progress, even after several nameless years I don't care to mention.

Don't know where I'm going with this, but if this is what you want, just keep at it. The struggle is real, pretty sure most of us have felt it, Some can pick this stuff up fast, but for lots of us, it will take a long time, all you can do is just keep studying, keep drawing, and make sure to go to others for help when you can. And as others have said, do more observation drawings from life, draw what you see, not what you think you see, really focus on that.

Anyhow, best of luck to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 1200x1751px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 1200x1751px
>>2993428
Interesting method. I want to start a 'week of Winslet'...
>>
>>2993418
It took me around 4 years before I started to see actual improvement. I fucked around and didn't draw enough, but I also didn't have the right mindset, and I didn't take drawing seriously.

Here's a few things that helped me get my shit together, I dunno if it'll help you but it might be worth a try.

- Switch to pen and paper. Digital art gives you no sense of permanence; it's just very hard for a beginner to learn if he can use layers and undo his mistakes immediately.
- Draw every single day. I mean it. Even if it's a shitty doodle; every single day.
- EVERY SINGLE DAY. Discipline yourself. Take something you enjoy away if you don't draw that day.
- Perspective is probably the most important thing you can learn. If not all of perspective, then at least learn to rotate a box in every direction. It makes learning 100x easier when you can think in 3D forms.
- You have to go outside your comfort zone. You can't think "I don't know how to draw that, it looks like shit, I'll just stop". You have to draw it anyway, and then draw it better the next time. Over and over again.

If you can see errors in your work, you can improve. Art is just a grind. A long, difficult grind. But it pays off if you can persevere.
>>
>>2993418
>http://imgur.com/a/cQZTD

Tell me three things OP and if you answer, I'll try helping you:

1. How old are you?
2. Is this a troll thread and have you stolen those pics from some poor kids DeviantArt account? If so please, don't do that, it's cruel to Anons here and to kid.
3. What you wanted to draw originally and why?

Answer to 3 is important and please, don't say just "I wanted to draw ponies!". I mean, what, fanart? Or in the style they were done originally, because, you know, they were done with vectors, and the jittery thin lines are the opposite of that?
>>
>>2993534
1. 23
2. not a troll thread, I've had enough of that fucking word. I'm not a fucking troll god fucking damnit.
3. I wanted to get gud with horses, but got pissed off after not improving and since then, moved on trying humans.

Hasn't worked out lately.
>>
>>2993444
How often in those six years did you actually spend actually practicing and not doing one drawing for 10-20mins then doing other shit?
>>
>>2993558
depends, I did multiple drawings a day sometimes.

I've also tried construction a lot, I guess I might be doing it wrong.
>>
I'm guessing you are experiencing the plateau. It feels like you're stuck, and you can't get anywhere. The plateau is the natural learning curve. Image related.

Just stick to it. Eventually you'll get somewhere.
>>
>>2993574
there is no image. and how can you overcomw the plateau?
>>
>>2993561
Stop drawing digitally, and go to traditonall.
>>
File: trader-learning-curve.jpg (29KB, 819x439px) Image search: [Google]
trader-learning-curve.jpg
29KB, 819x439px
>>2993614
Oh shit. My bad.
>>
>>2993614
Studies and expanding your influences
>>
File: 1459608041337.jpg (207KB, 700x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1459608041337.jpg
207KB, 700x1063px
>>2993550
>I wanted to get gud with horses, but got pissed off after not improving and since then, moved on trying humans.

Ok. You know, I deleted my writing of this post third time now, mainly because first I thought that I am saying too much and after that, I didn't know what to say.

But as you face difficulties, it's always better to not focus on whole seemingly very big problem, but of a small part of it that you can fix.

And I can tell you what you can fix, but first I want you to have some things in mind:

1. Drawing MLP fanart isn't the same as drawing MLP. It my sound trite, but as you probably noticed MLP art is very simplistic and it functions well in the show because all elements work together. Take one piece and it falls apart.

So what you don't have that MLP stills have?

a) varying line weight inside the characters. In the show they are heavily separated from the background with the thick contour lines, but inside them lines are thinner.

a.1 Eyes are important. You don't draw them like in a show, there lines differ, upper lid/eyebrow line is vastly different not only in size but also in color from lower lid.

b) Backgrounds and color. In MLP show there is always even simple background - and it's composed of few layers. They are using flat colors, but they are still manipulating it, putting consistently different shades in closer and more far away objects to create illusion of depth. Notice that usually things behind the characters are darker than them.

b.1 Notice unicorn horns. There is always a strong contrast between the color of a horn and hair, usually horn is much lighter on a darker background of hair. You can see it in Rarity and Twilight Sparkle actually even has 2 stripes in hair "coincidentally" behind the horn to even give slight gradation and more dimension.
>>
>>2993628

c) Fast animation. You were drawing animation, but it's not how it is done in MLP - they aren't animating it all frame-by-frame, they are doing it in Flash and just change shapes and make rules for objects to appear or leave the frame.

Why it is done like that?

It's because a lot of things happen on the screen in western animation, things are constantly on the move, scenes rarely are truly static. In this way art is secondary to cinematography/composition - Twilight walks to the left of a frame and frame is trying to catch to her, a magic book appears in frame, background becomes darker as she reads from it, there are magic "auras" which are just bubbly lines that are making wavy motion etc.

You can't really do that in the way you are animating. I mean, you can, but you need to put work in it, see this walk cycle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THkXop30hfQ

It's 24 frames for just a pony walking and not doing any stuff. 24 drawings. You have much less even in your more advanced animations.

WHICH BRINGS ME TO SOME CONCLUSIONS:

1. You are easily discouraged and at the same time, maybe because of that, maybe not, unwilling to put in the work.

It's basically the main point I am going to bring and the thing that is IMO your downfall.

See, you had some decent drawings there. There was there this green pegasus pony - it was decent. Why haven't you go back to it the next day? Digitally you can just get it, copy and then change how you'd like, experiment with it. Why haven't you tried changing some lines? Adjusting colors? Finding what works and what doesn't?

You aren't going back to your work, not analyze. It's like you are truly lost and don't know what to do.

And if you don't know what to do, why it is all shit, why there's no joy in drawing:

Keep it simple. Go to /beg/ thread. Download "Keys to Drawing" by Dodson. Draw things that are around you, on your desk. Buy celebrity magazines, draw over the photos there, copy those photos and advert
>>
>>2993642
>>2993418

Also, to go back to what you wrote in OP:

>In other words, there is no way I can improve apparently since I have such a low IQ and I can't improve.

You can teach even a retard to count to 10, if we couldn't improve school wouldn't exist and teachers wouldn't try as hard as they can to put into your brain how to write.

It's a matter of approach, of willingness to learn, being curious, trying new things. It might be hard if you are spending whole time in front of a PC even if you have tablet, things don't feel physical.

Seriously, if you have no joy for drawing anymore - move to something else. But if you'd wish to try, just for a hobby, then get some pencil or pen and try to draw something from reference, even a crumpled $10 bill that is on your table. Do it as you wish, although I'd advise drawing with your elbow/shoulder and looking as little as you can on a paper.
>>
>>2993520
I just want to snuggle up in that butthole and go to sleep
>>
If someone put a gun to your head you'd be able to improve fast.
>>
>>2993460
>LAS discord
>ban people for not improving

im sorry what?? are you trolling?
>>
You need to study from life. Measure carefully and draw what you see. If you study from books, read a managable chunk, try to understand it by copying the images and then try to apply it by drawing from life (or reference).

You can't expect to get better if all you do is draw from your imagination. You won't be able to get better on your own, you need to build a visual library and learn the three basics that make a good drawing:

1. lines - the ability to make the pen strokes you want
2. proportions - the ability to measure correctly
3. perspective - the ability to create the illusion of space

Elemental Exercises:
1. Practicing lines (see drawabox or Peter Han for line exercises)
2. Practicing drawing what you see (copy references or better from life, pay attention to the relations of the objects)
3. Practicing perspective (read Perspective Made Easy, do the drawabox/ Peter Han exercises on estimating perspective/ drawing boxes; if you're getting more confident move on the later exercises of said sources and apply construction to your life drawings)

Don't bother with Loomis or any other figure drawing books or slightly advanced topics at this stage. That doesn't mean you shouldn't draw figures if you want to, but you should get a very basic understanding of drawing first, before you move the those books. I think if you spend 1-3 months with 2h dedicated practice a day you will be able to get back into Loomis and get more out of it.

Most important: Draw from life! Measure! Books come second.
If you want to learn by book, start with the sources I gave you and take your time with the exercises, don't rush them.

You still have all the time in the world to get good, but you have to approach it in a more serious manner. Doodling twice a week from imagination will not make you good.
>>
>>2993444
Dude you can't sit there and tell me you've worked through art books or even remotely studied art then show that shit. There is not even the slightest evidence showing any grasp of fundamentals.
>>
take a real life horse picture, render the horse picture/draw the horse exactly, grid if you must, do it like a human printer.Apply your fundamental knowlege on what the shape is like that,why there are shadows on certain part, try to comprehend underlying structure.

what you will get out of it:
discipline in accuracy of shape.
applying what you learn.(assuming you read the essential book)
value of real life studies

yes you can apply those knowledge to your ponies.
>>
File: 06.jpg (1MB, 1416x2030px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
1MB, 1416x2030px
Before you give up mate, i want you to try something for a few months.

This worked wonders for me when i started out, draw like 10 pages of stuff similar to the pic i posted but replaced with the things you want to draw the most.

In my case it was birds and animu, 10 A4 papers a day filled front and back with sketches. Challenge yourself anon best of luck
>>
File: 3yearold.jpg (5KB, 180x250px) Image search: [Google]
3yearold.jpg
5KB, 180x250px
>>2993444
>Does six years of drawing count?????

Problem is that it isn't six years of studying but six years of doing the same kind of thing.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Practice the same thing over and over and you'll get quicker but not better. That's why you need dedicated practice, to apply the stuff you learn and drill it into your eyes, hand and brain.

Plenty of people gave advices already so I won't parrot the same.

> Pic was done by a 3 year old girl
>>
>>2993444
oh dear
>>
>>2993452

That's not practicing, sparklet. How can you draw from imagination without perspective and form fundamentals.
>>
>>2994026
who did yhis
>>
>>2994274
It's from the Atmosphere books: http://www.animebooks.com/atskdovo13bu.html
>>
>>2993444
looks like the work of someone who drew on and off for six year.

get out of that comfort zone of horses. also read loomis...
>>
>>2993460
>they banned me because I didn't improve.
Damn. I kinda want to join that discord now. Might actually motivate me to improve.
>>
>>2993460
>Last year I was in LAS discord for a while, but they banned me because I didn't improve.
fucking wot

post your username, I smell bull, were you ActInFutility?
>>
So basically, you just wanted to draw ponies. So all you drew were ponies. You copied ponies. For years. And now you're surprised you can't do anything except copy ponies?

>I've done exercises
Not according to your imgur link.

>I literally can't improve
Improve to what? Improvement means you're aiming for something. You seem like you've only wanted to copy ponies. Skill level is about right for that.
>>
>>2993460
haha is this real? please anyone from this group confirm or deny
I can imagine them bitching you out but straight up banning?
>>
>>2993460
LAS is a meme anyway. Just draw for yourself.
>>
>>2993460
/mlp/ has discords. There's the Studio one too.
>>
>>2993444

Like either start trying to draw other shit instead of fucking ponies or fuck off seriously
I scrolled through this and all i see is the same shit poorly drawn ponies so you haven't branched out like at all I don't know what you expect.

Either give up or actually try and get better I used to be way worse than this so you have a starting off point.
>>
>>2994309
That is not the skill level for trying to copy pones for 6 years, let alone six months.

I think OP just never learned to "see". The usual that brings people into intermediate.
>>
File: 4586.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
4586.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>2993444
>mfw I think I improved more in 3 finished drawings than this guy did in 6 years
>>
File: 395.jpg (44KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
395.jpg
44KB, 600x867px
>>2993444
>>
>>2993444
Ok, no, wait. Stop...

6 years, goddamn. I don't normally say this to people, but in your case, I'd say find something else OP. Some people got it, and some people don't. It'd be cruel of me to tell you to keep pushing hard when you're not seeing ANY progress at all after so much time invested. I think that time is better spent trying to find what you're actually good at, rather than trying to improve a skill you, for one reason or another, can't.

>>2994277
M8, he draws worse than I did when I was 8. On and off drawing, just copying stuff, I still got really good at copying stuff by the time I was 14. OP has seen ZERO improvement at all in the same time frame.

Also, he's been around here long enough to know about Loomis and all the other learning tools we have in the sticky, if within 6 years, he hasn't been passionate enough about art to try and do the boring stuff and grind it out, then it's clear this isn't his calling.

Like, I'm all for motivating people to keep pushing it when their down, and it's what I was gonna do coming into this thread, but when I saw OPs stuff relative to his time frame, it's honestly better to lead him into a new direction, and just be honest with him about things, than to string him along on false hope that someday he'll be amazing.

Everyone is good at something, imo, OP is better off trying to find what that something is than to waste his time on trying to improve something he can't at all.

Even with on and off drawing, for that number of drawings, over 6 years, he should have seen SOME improvement of some sort.
>>
>>2994276
thhhNK YOU
>>
>>2994360
But if he has fun, he shouldn't stop, wether he improves or not. Having fun is a big part of a hobby and something that's overlooked on /ic/ a lot
>>
File: deargod.jpg (24KB, 424x283px) Image search: [Google]
deargod.jpg
24KB, 424x283px
>>2993444
I was about to write an empathetic reply, Anon, but then you had to show me a gallery made up almost entirely of horse porn

This is bait isn't it
>>
File: 1494405552305.jpg (105KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1494405552305.jpg
105KB, 708x1000px
>>2993444
>WARNING: PONY CONTENT INCLUDED
Is there other content in there that I'm missing? Even your one big tittied female figure has a pony head. All I'm seeing is page after page of horse porn, which I'm guessing you drew in-between furious yet marathon masturbation sessions.

I mean, you can figure this out. Are you actually retarded? Did you have trouble understanding things like grammar or geometry? Were you always slower than the other kids?

It seems like you can draw the MLP style ok, but that's not going to teach you anything since they're literally as simplified as possible to facilitate animation. If you can get over your mental illness to actually try, you could improve, but you have to leave your (frankly, disgustingly) saccharine fantasy world and start looking at real objects/photos
>>
>>2993418
Okay, you might just be a troll but..

No amount of self-loathing is going to change where you are, anon. You can feel bad about yourself forever and not take one step forward in progress.

If you're IQ is too low or you're too retarded to draw, then that's that. Say goodbye to drawing for the rest of your life.

There is no 100% way to prove that you can't draw or can't improve. But there is a chance that if you practice, you will improve. Are you willing to take that chance? If not, say goodbye to drawing forever. If yes, then you have to get serious and start applying yourself like if you were learning math or science.

Everybody starts at beginner level. Yes, there is a spectrum of how good beginners can be, but there is a reason why even the best of beginners are contained in the /beg/ thread. Because no matter what kind of early talents you show, if you haven't learned the fundamentals, you're a beginner and you're at the same level as even the worst of them.

Your drawing shows that you're not completely hopeless. I've seen much worse. But you're a beginner, meaning that you haven't actually learned how to draw the right way. Like any other skill, there is a tried and true way of drawing that everyone studies. You may not like it, but it's the truth. Any other field of work is exactly the same. There is a method or process to drawing that will be your foundation for the rest of your art career.

So either continue hating yourself, stop drawing completely or stay at the same level forever. Or you can actually do something about it.

And actually, there's a good chance you will improve. Just look at all of the artists who have done it. Every single one started from the beginning. Who is to say you can't do the same thing? It's only an assumption that you can't do it, and you will never prove that that's 100% true.

If you really want to improve, seriously apply yourself. It's either that or never learn.
>>
File: 1482793391437.jpg (594KB, 1200x1358px) Image search: [Google]
1482793391437.jpg
594KB, 1200x1358px
>>2994026
a better representation of what you should strive for
>>
>>2994485
Both artists produce pretty pretty stuff
>>
>>2994490
yeah for sure but i mean in terms of quantity
>>
>>2994485
>>2994495
Why is it so hard to find the source of shit like this?

>reverse image search
>just pages and pages of pinterest links and websites like it
>jump down the rabbit hole and check a pinterest page https://uk.pinterest.com/toastmuncher/fantasy-character-design/
>scroll around to find it https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/105905028716417582/
>source leads to https://images.plurk.com/5AhArjiQxZSjtjwubboCEp.jpg
>no way to get to the original account to view their gallery
Shit's infuriating.
>>
>>2994386
Oh no, he shouldn't stop. But he should just give up on learning/trying to improve, and just enjoy it for what it is. He'll be much happier with himself that way.
>>
>>2994505
it looks like so-bin's sketches
>>
>>2994505
>why is it so hard to sort through millions of similar images and find the exact right match in a few milliseconds?
>why is computer vision hard?

https://cseweb.ucsd.edu/classes/sp03/cse190-b/lec1.pdf
>>
>>2993444
Wow. You really weren't kidding about mentally ill retard
>>
>>2994026
>>2994485
How do you guys practice poses? Looking at references? Boxes in perspective? And do you have more pictures like this? good stuff btw
>>
>>2993444
I bet you jerk off after 10min of drawing.
>>
File: oxl3sov.jpg (62KB, 750x1100px) Image search: [Google]
oxl3sov.jpg
62KB, 750x1100px
I think OP has stumbled onto a new kind of outsider art, like that Down's chick who would weave yarn around globs of plastic

pic related is satisfyingly disturbing. Are you a fan of Francis Bacon, OP?
>>
File: h_1413981411_2646686_92285654f1.jpg (240KB, 626x800px) Image search: [Google]
h_1413981411_2646686_92285654f1.jpg
240KB, 626x800px
>>2994505
Okay, did some more thorough research, I presume it's a work by the artist hujimogeo if >>2994495 and pic related are from the same set, and the reason why it's so hard to find the source of his art is because he's nuked all of his accounts
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3490162
http://twitter.com/hujimogeo
https://danbooru.donmai.us/artists/91782
>>
File: 07 (2).jpg (1MB, 1416x2030px) Image search: [Google]
07 (2).jpg
1MB, 1416x2030px
>>2994568
Learn how to simplify the body into geometric forms, do a bunch of gesture drawing and figure drawing from refs, study anatomy a bit and then just a lot of drawing.
Just figure it out by trial and error youll get it eventually
>>
>>2994595
cool thanks for the tips. i'll try that out
>>
You've done nothing that should improve you, and you've drawn under 1/10 of what you'd expect to draw in this time if you really put the practice in. You haven't even drawn a month.

At this point you should ask yourself why you even draw. If you come to the conclusion that you still want to improve, drop the ponyshit completely and find a better fandom and show, then go do the fundamentals.

Practice perspective and form by drawing things like boxes, triangles, balls etc. and learn basic light to start off. Read some mememan Loomis to start off with the human figure, and actually do exercises. How the fuck do you expect to improve by just reading?

If you actually put the time in and found what you need to do to improve instead of drawing pony crap for 6 years irregularly, you would have improved.
>>
>>2994595
any good resource you used for learning figure drawing in perspective? a lot figure drawing lessons tend to skip over the perspective part.
>>
File: snapshot20130122205905.jpg (17KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20130122205905.jpg
17KB, 200x145px
Stop drawing ponies.

For a time,at least. Or at least challange yourself by putting them into scenes. Have them doing things in places:this alone will force you to PLAN a drawing instead of tossing yet another copy of a copy into a blank page and gnashing your teeth over them. It will teach you perspective,character design, object design,and composition simultaneously. Take it SERIOUSLY, too. You complain about reading a thousand cookbooks,yet still insist on making hamburgers. So experiment with hamburgers.
>>
>>2993418
Just do gesture, you retard. Combine it with knowledge of simple forms like spheres and cylinders (fuck boxes) and you instantly become a master without getting into anatomy nitty gritty or falling for the contour drawing meme.
>>
File: k.png (61KB, 522x345px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
61KB, 522x345px
>>2993444
>>
File: shitty meme.png (79KB, 697x590px) Image search: [Google]
shitty meme.png
79KB, 697x590px
>>2993418
>>
>>2994722
N-NANI?!
>>
>>2994646
Not to meme, but honestly, Loomis does. iirc, he's got a whole chapter dedicated to just that.

I always recommend Scott Rob's How to Draw, it's entirely focused on perspective, and it's what helped me nail that element.

At the end of the day, you can properly get how to draw mechanical things like cars in perspective, figures really isn't so difficulty. The key is that you internalize the process so it all comes naturally.
>>
File: Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p1.jpg (652KB, 650x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p1.jpg
652KB, 650x4128px
>>2994646

krenz and his boxing strategy
>>
File: Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p2.jpg (790KB, 650x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p2.jpg
790KB, 650x4128px
>>2995144
>>
File: Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p3.jpg (899KB, 650x4128px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon-Dec-angle-control-eng-p3.jpg
899KB, 650x4128px
>>2995146
>>
>>2995147
>>
File: patreon3.jpg (567KB, 2126x1943px) Image search: [Google]
patreon3.jpg
567KB, 2126x1943px
>>2995149
>>
>>2994646
This doesnt have subs so if you're not fluent in korean you wont get what he says, but just pay attention and try and understand what he's trying to show you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVn205YsQhY
>>
>>2995150
I can honestly say this one blew my mind...like it seems basic, but I'd never even think of it. Saved.
>>
>>2993444
Literally just study your fundamentals and put an ounce more of effort into it. You can even draw pony while you do it. Here, I'll post my horseshit too. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/PJ9q8

Draw what you like and apply what you learn and you'll get somewhere.
>>
File: horse rap.png (391KB, 705x562px) Image search: [Google]
horse rap.png
391KB, 705x562px
>>2995713
heehee
>>
>>2995713
Rat! :O
>>
>>2995752
>>
>>2993418
I also used to be unable to inprove untill i started to grinding the fundamentals 24/7 it will burn you out but its worth it.
>>
>>2995144
>>2995121
>>2995162
Thanks guys. I'm not the OP but I'm definitely gonna make use of this stuff. I'm actually kinda stuck in my drawing process. I can render and I can draw a pose from reference but I can't freely sketch the way you guys do so I appreciate the info.
>>
>>2995752
this arouses me
>>
>>2995754
Hi
>>
>>2995811
We know, OP. We know.
>>
File: boxppl1.jpg (179KB, 1066x842px) Image search: [Google]
boxppl1.jpg
179KB, 1066x842px
am I doing this right?
>>
>>2994587
sorry, been busy with work and stuff.

Not sure whose Francis Bacon.
>>2994565
Well, there ya go.
>>2994327
Well, I've tried some humans, didn't work out either.
>>2994310
Yep, they just didn't want me.
>>2994309
yep.
>>2994289
Yea, I was actinfutility
>>2994026
I'll see what I can do
>>2994011
I can't grasp it I guess, it doesn't make any sense.
>>2993771
I got banned for something. I didn't know what exactly, but I got banned and I guess is because they thought I was a troll.

>
>>
>>2995931
>Yea, I was actinfutility
KEK
>>
>>2995938
How does that even amuse you?

Like if you know why I was banned, then just tell me okay?
>>
>>2995917
yes
>>
>>2995917
yeah but dont forget about your vps, they're all a bit whack especially on the bottom right dude
>>
>>2993496
I don't think that a "shift" exists. You just practice enough until you have the observational and kinesthetic (moving your hands, etc) skills down. You haven't practiced your observational skills at all from what I can see so you obviously would lack that skill.

You cannot draw an object in the environment if you cannot SEE what it actually looks like. The internal representation you effortlessly construct when looking at something is NOT what it actually looks like, and you need to learn to analyze it again from scratch with an artist's eye.
>>
File: perspectivegrid1.jpg (160KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
perspectivegrid1.jpg
160KB, 1296x864px
>>2995962
alright, I think I'm getting it
>>
>>2995943
Everyone thought you were a troll because you never did what anyone suggested and kept asking coming back to ask the same questions.
>>
>>2996101
I read through and did some of the excercises, I guess it's just not working out for me.

Is it ok I come back to discord for LAS? I don't want to be a bother or anything.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.