[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is this?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 13123423423.jpg (179KB, 2048x878px) Image search: [Google]
13123423423.jpg
179KB, 2048x878px
>>
There's always a worry that you're being overly influenced by someone but trying to be truly unique is an impossible goal.

Salvador Dali said it best “those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing.”
>>
Just because it reminds you of something doesn't make it similar or derivative.

Only amateurs get triggered by these kind of comments.
>>
>>2993170

They're just complimenting it, it doesn't mean anything negative.
>>
>>2993170
I wonder, with things like this, if you showed [another more popular artist] what [another more popular artist] would they come up with?
>>
>>2993866
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
meant to be a compliment and only taken light,y.
>>
>>2993170
Listen to Steve Huston's NMA talk on philosophy of art, if you get the chance.
Proko has a free interview as well where he touches on the topic.

Basically - originality comes from the way you transform and combine different ideas, which is born out of your need to better convey ideas of your own.
As you travel through your life, you'll see different art styles, different things in nature, different techniques and whenever something works for you, you add it to your toolbox, to your personal style, your signature.
If you do this rather than copy someone else's style straight away, the only way for someone to have the same style as you is if they live the exact same life as you, which is impossible.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.