[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SELF-PROMOTING? (DISCUSSION)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: FIELDSFOR.jpg (126KB, 659x960px) Image search: [Google]
FIELDSFOR.jpg
126KB, 659x960px
HEY /ic/- i'd like to talk to you guys about self-promoting around the Internet and what do you think about it: is it annoying, valid, important?

i've recently created some media accounts to share my art and honestly, as all of you, i'd like some people to see it! even if a few! so i've been trying this "self-promoting" thing and turns out it's boring and humiliating as hell
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (37KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
37KB, 245x180px
>>2993141
What is your goal? Why would you self-promote? Also, grab this chance and post your damn site.

I personally cold call/email clients and plow through the rejection rate. When promoting on Facebook/Tumblr/DA/... you leave it up to chance for

1) A potential client seeing you
2) At the exact time they need you
3) Them choosing you amongst every other artist

Cold calling removes 1). Networking would remove 2) and 3) as well, but I don't know how to do that.

Now I am active online, but for fun and out of gratitude. Providing magic instead of expecting magic to bless me.
>>
File: jesus.jpg (32KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
32KB, 449x449px
OP here
my goal is far from a professional one- i'd just like an audience to what i do- cause putting it out for basically no one is quite desistimulating (since i've been doing it for a long time)

i've been promoting on tumblr and instagram but honestly i feel like when you're good things should just come naturally? i don't know. that's why i was looking for people with good following here to give me some advice!

thanks for answering the post! could you post your site? im curious now
>>
I will never understand those kind of threads. If you need "manuals" for simple shit like self-promoting how do you even draw? Drawing needs a lot decision making
>>
>>2994187
not really if you don't make a living out of it
>>
>>2994187
self-promotion is more of a social skill, while drawing is about shapes, proportions and other autist shit. obviously being good in one thing doesn't mean you're automatically good in the other.
>>
Exactly
>>
File: dawn_of_dead_poster_02.jpg (721KB, 1522x2095px) Image search: [Google]
dawn_of_dead_poster_02.jpg
721KB, 1522x2095px
>>2994204
op HERE AGAIN
so, lacking skills to promote and be social online makes it all akward as fuck and it's only the 2nd day i've been trying this shit. anyway it's @jaminji (check it out guys!!)
>>
Like and follow other people on instagram.
>>
>>2994220
Nice job.
>>
>>2993141
Just remember that promotion is an attempt to reach your client, and not to get an audience of random people.
>>
>>2994220
Oh fuck, you're that guy.
>>
Time is not money, it's life. Life is limited, precious and something people aren't willing to sacrifice without good reason. As someone who literally follows thousands of artists and seeks out new art every single day I can tell you that the more visibility you have the better. Most people aren't going to sink time like I do out of appreciation for the arts and want the art spoon fed to them somehow. The ability to self promote, market and understand contract/laws is something every human being should learn to do even outside of art.

There's no humiliation in simply trying to be noticed. Harsh truth...there are millions of stories, millions of songs and millions of pieces of art that will NEVER be seen by anyone in the world outside of close family/friends. It's hard to imagine that but you're competing with people who know how to promote both in professional and casual environments. You're competing with the fact most people who find things they enjoy tend not to risk having less fun finding new things and become even more cemented in place.

If you don't put your product on a shelf and point people to it then it's like you don't even exist. So be shameful, post your stuff as much as you can. Plug it whenever you have an opportunity. Show it to anyone who will look. The world has no regard for the meek, quiet and socially awkward. The chances some random influencer with a lot of pull will come across you and invest their time into getting you noticed is a rarity even if you are genius level.
>>
>>2997716
Shouldn't it be both? More normies following you = proven mass appeal. I don't think Loish would have been hired as the character designer for Horizon Zero Dawn if she wasn't well known.
>>
>>2997793
I agree and loish sucks.
>>
Only dickheads promote their own art.

That's like sucking your own dick.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.