[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

artists like kandinsky?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: kandinsky.comp-7.jpg (199KB, 1135x757px) Image search: [Google]
kandinsky.comp-7.jpg
199KB, 1135x757px
most abstract art i have found after many searches on multiple sites is purely about design, color, and composition.
i like kandinsky's work because it is more imaginitive and seems to depict something otherworldly in the forms and shapes he creates.
does anyone know artists like him?
>>
>>2992598
the reason you like kandinsky is because there's texture and brushwork in his abstract paintings. the work you don't like is the ones that masquerade as things made by robots and algorithms. Kandinsky's work even if it's abstract is pulling from the same well of aesthetics as Picasso and Cezanne. Why do you need more artists like him, though? You already have him.
>>
File: 1chaspsy_by_erictonarts-db7b0xi.jpg (4MB, 2933x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1chaspsy_by_erictonarts-db7b0xi.jpg
4MB, 2933x1200px
>>2992605
some fractal art is very cool

kandinsky got stuck in his style, creating the same forms and tropes over and over. he could have gone farther. besides, i want to see what other people can bring to the table
>>
File: 1psymedy_by_erictonarts-db8qnom.jpg (2MB, 2934x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1psymedy_by_erictonarts-db8qnom.jpg
2MB, 2934x1200px
>>
File: 285.jpg (401KB, 995x843px) Image search: [Google]
285.jpg
401KB, 995x843px
>>2992605
im more interested in the forms than the texture.
here is a better example, though not my favorite
>>
It just looks like a mess.

Manga is consider illustration but somehow this is considered "fine art"

wtf
>>
>>2993832
I see no problem with this. The only problem is that "art" is lionized to absurd degrees.

Illustration is the better discipline.
>>
>>2992598
>>
>>2994298
Here's a site if you want to see more of this guy.
tell me if you like this type of abstract art, if you do I can tell you some more artists.

http://www.nathalieobadia.com/artist_detail.php?ar=32
>>
>>2994305
Cool.
>>
>>2994305
more plz
>>
Kadinski is one of a kind.
>>
I guess you could look at artists like Karel Appel or Willem de Kooning?
>>
Joan Miro might be up your alley, though he was a Surrealist.
>>
>artists
>>
>>2998369
>>artists

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: shoe nuff.png (78KB, 321x185px) Image search: [Google]
shoe nuff.png
78KB, 321x185px
Oh boy, it's another "I went $80,000 in debt at art college so I could name-drop hack (((artists))) and use esoteric art buzzwords arbitrarily on an adolescent beginner's anime drawing forum" thread

>muh "texture"
>muh "design"
>muh "aesthetics"
>muh "composition"

Embarrassing. Kandinsky's art is a bad joke.
>>
>>2998537
NGMI
>>
More like shitinski
>>
>>2998537
Because you need to go to art college to know who he is...
>>
>>2998883
how can kadinsky ever recover
>>
>>2994305
>http://www.nathalieobadia.com/artist_detail.php?ar=32
op here, not exactly what i'm looking for, there is too much depiction of realistic objects

valentina richter is more along the lines of what i mean (minus the female portraits) https://www.saatchiart.com/account/artworks/7029 even though i do not like all her work
>>
>>2992598
someone explain how to appreciate this kind of art

sure there are some aesthetic in it's forms and colors, but show me why this piece isn't overrated and that would still cost thousands
of dollars without the name of it's creator.
>>
>>2998537
>muh "texture"
>muh "design"
>muh "aesthetics"
>muh "composition"

>>2992598
>most abstract art i have found after many searches on multiple sites is purely about design, color, and composition.
>im looking for something more

>>2992624
>im more interested in the forms than the texture.
>>
>>2998904
i dont think you should be asking other people how YOU should appreciate a piece--you should figure it out for yourself and make your own opinion before comparing it to what others think

the way i view it, i am in awe of and like to wonder at what this picture could be depicting, even though on one level it's obviously nothing. i can say that i like this work a lot more than conceptual art like the blue square or "fountain"
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.