[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder to bitch slap any teacher who tells you there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 329872376239729.jpg (920KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
329872376239729.jpg
920KB, 2048x1536px
Daily reminder to bitch slap any teacher who tells you there are no straight lines in nature
seriously, slap them
>>
>those
>straight lines

Look if you wanna crutch a bit to monetize easier that's fine, it's industry standard. But don't copepost here.
>>
They curve slightly. Learn2gesture
>>
>>2992153
>>2992154
Thats just one example
spiders legs, trees, cliffs, rocks
straight lines do exist in nature and if you cant see that then youre a fool
learn to observe and youll be surprised at how wrong that statement is
>>
>>2992151
can't unsee one point perspective
>>
>>2992158
none of those things are actually completely straight, your teacher was correct, sorry.
>>
File: minerak.jpg (157KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
minerak.jpg
157KB, 1000x800px
uhhhhhhhmmmm
>>
File: web.jpg (174KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
web.jpg
174KB, 332x500px
>>2992163
how hecking stright does something need to be before we admit its straight?
if you get down to a smaller level im sure there are sections of things that are, you guessed it, straight

spider web related
>>
>>2992170
No, it must be down to the molecular structure straight
>>
>>2992158
>>2992151
Nigga that's not the point. The idea is that there are two types of forms, two principles - organic and artificial.

Organic forms are formed by wind, water and heat, which makes any parallels or right angles almost impossible to occur (nature).
Artificial forms are man-made, you can see them in cities or everyday objects. If they resemble some sort of gesture, it's because they try to emulate organic forms with their look, not because they'd have actual gesture.
Once you understand those two opposing principles, you have to play them against one another in your designs.
>>
>>2992172
Yes I get that, now that is the statement they should be making
not some simple minded blanket statement of absolute authority
"and remember class there are no straight lines in nature"
but, there are, like literally
>>
>>2992175
>that is the statement they should be making
Why? Either way gets the point across. Focus on rhythmic gesture when drawing organic forms.

Art teachers are not responsible for your feelings.
>>
>>2992151
>no straight
Your faggot teacher is projecting his gay lines all over you
>>
>>2992200
Well a good teacher would expand on it a bit more instead of saying such a stupid lie
and it is a stupid lie
anyway thanks for letting me vent and prove that Im right
so if you ever hear someone say it you know what to do, argue with them unitl they admit there are straight lines in nature
>>
>>2992168
This is sexy
>>
>>2992175
>>2992209
Saying there are no straight lines in nature is a bit like telling primary school kids that they can't divide number 1, even though later they learn about fractions.
It is technically a lie, but for students who aren't that advanced just yet, it makes things easier. Later, through observation, they can get the whole truth.
Of course the problem comes when the teacher himself doesn't know the whole truth, then he can meme them into the wrong direction.

Go teach guys, the western world needs more capable art instructors.
>>
File: IMG_6143.png (5KB, 348x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6143.png
5KB, 348x211px
>>2992209
>>
>>2992170
Spider webs aren't natural structures. They're built by spiders.
>b-b-but spiders are nature
Humans are nature too but we don't consider buildings as natural structures.
>>
Are you one of those people that needs to nitpick every bit of wisdom passed onto them just to feel like they were right?

Stop wasting your time with this, and start drawing. When you do, what your teacher's words meant will properly sink in for you.
>>
>>2992344
Not OP, but I don't want my teachers to spew memes. I want them to tell me how to git gut in plain, non philosophical fashion.
>>
>>2992158
>>2992151
The only related advice is that you should NOT draw straight lines with a straightedge. Drawing them by hand gives them a more organic feel which is more pleasant.
>>
>>2992231
OP here, just wanted to give you a you, great wisdom
also >>2992203
>>2992171
thanks for the keks
>>
>>2992233

Don't get pedantic. Take that to its conclusion: "Spiders are also made by spiders ;)"

When someone says 'natural' it's generally shorthand for 'not man-made.' or at least 'using as few man-made materials as possible'. Whether you disagree with that (I also consider anything humans make to be 'natural' but to say so would be needlessly confusing the language) doesn't change the meaning of the statement.
>>
>ctrl f
>no bismuth

Bleh...
>>
>>2992171
Impossible. Every Molecule has an inherent vibration frequency where the atoms jiggle, wobble, waggle, stretch and compress in very characteristic and defined ways.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.