[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do with old art you don't want?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0099.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0099.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So my family is starting to ask me what they should do with my old artwork. I'm talking about the stuff I did in high school. The previous sentence should help you figure out the quality of my previous art. I'll be keeping the frames to reuse for newer pieces, but I have no idea what to do with the old art. Keep the canvases and gesso over old art? Just throw them out? TRY to sell them? I'm in a bit of a rut.
>>
>>2991032
I smash them up and dump them
>>
>>2991032
Remove the frames, put them into a folder and re-visit them when you're older.
You won't regret keeping them.
>>
>>2991234
They're actually large piece, so I would have to invest in a really big folder. Unless someone knows of any cheap alternatives.
>>
>>2991032
Find a corner or a room or a closet to stuff them in. And in 20 years, you'll find them again and remember the good ol' days.
>>
>>2991032
Honestly, keep the few you like. Like >>2991456
said, it's kinda nice to remember from time to time.
>>
>>2991447
DIY a folder out of thicc paper. Either use duct tape or sew the sheets together.
>>
>>2991447
>>2991472
Either that or use some cardboard folded over and taped closed. Honestly, you should really keep them.
>>
I had mine sorted out a while ago, picked the ones I liked and threw away all the rest

Filled huge bags with that shit, I was amazed there was so much of it. Can't say I miss any of the stuff that got thrown.
>>
>>2991488
>>2991476
>>2991472
>>2991456

Thank you everyone.
I'm be going back for the holidays to get and sort out the stuff. I'll most likely use a few of the storage tips like you guys said.
I live in an apartment now, so it's harder to find room, but I'll make sure to keep a few of the pieces to look back on.
>>
>>2991519
forgot to add
>>2991460
sorry sorry sorry
>>
>>2991032
Go trough it, some of it might still surprise you and if nothing you might pick up some of the great ideas you had at the time but forgot.
>>
>>2991522
Too thoughtful. Also consider the post above this one, sometimes I look through my old shit and get pleasantly surprised when I find some old ideas to pick up again.
>>
Keep them if you have room, You never know when someone could want to buy.

I've heard of some artists selling rights to pieces they'd done years beforehand and almost forgot about.
>>
>>2991032
I trashed that shit, didn't even take it out of the school with me. might be fun to keep it to remind yourself of how shit you were though
>>
>>2991536
If you do that you're definitely too optimistic.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.