[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am brand new to drawing, doodling, whatever you want to call

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I am brand new to drawing, doodling, whatever you want to call it. It definitely is just a hobby to me that i would like to really enjoy and i make it a point to draw atleast one thing a day to keep active if that is even a thing. The question i have and why i am posting is this, does it ever become easier drawing bodies, eyes, and as a whole everything? i feel like i really struggle with almost everything (ive never taken a single art class)
>>
>>2990114
Of course it does. And it applies to any task where you need actual skill to be competent : art, programming, sports... You did it so much that you don't think about some of the basics anymore => faster brain processing.
>>
Yes.

The purpose of study is to internalize all knowledge so it becomes instinct.
>>
Not bad.
>>
yes it becomes instinct
>>
>>2990114
Is this your work?
>>
>>2990114
write your name with your left hand. See how shit it is compared to your right? Thats cause youve been doing it with your right for so long. Beginning drawings will always look like trash. When you accept this youll have less hangups about shit drawings early on and see it as training your hands/eyes/mind to do something you havent done before. If you keep doing it you will get better
>>
>>2994677
I should have said dominant hand and non dominant hand but the meaning is still the same
>>
OP, always remember one thing. Don't draw furry fucking lines. Do smooth strokes. Go into the beginner thread and look at all the people drawing fuzzy, hairy, scratchy things and don't do it. If there's one thing I absolutely hate to see beginners do its making short 1cm scratches with their pens and pencils when all they're drawing is a goddamn circle.
/rant
>>
>>2990114
First off doodling is what you do to pass time. It's mindless and imo doesn't count as drawing or a hobby.
Drawing is intent, focused, attempt at creating art.
Second, your question is asinine. Not trying to be a dick, but it's a dumb question. One that is constantly asked by beginners who don't want to put forth the effort to improve in drawing. They think the ability to draw "bodies" or "eye" or "women" or "cars" will magically come to them.
It's a product of the generations and society were raised in. If something doesn't come easy then it won't come at all. Which is why you have so many "artists" who will go years and years just drawing busts (figures from the waist up) or profiles (from the neck up) with blank white background or swirly colorful background.
They were afraid to step out of their comfort zones and take the discomfort that comes with doing so. So they never learn to draw hands or buildings or whatever because they stay in that comfort zone.
And a lot of people think it's okay especially when you have artists who are able to make money or a living doing only what they know.
You don't need an art class either. You need a foundation which can be learned from tons of books out there.
And yeah you will struggle and you will get frustrated, but that where perseverance comes in.
>>
>>2995539
To me a drawing is the lowest dorm of achievement in art.
>>
>>2997636
*form
>>
>>2995539
Stick to manga you ficking retard.

Drawing is the lowest of low art yiu can do.

Pick uo a brush and some paint and actually make a thing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.