[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does talent exist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 18

File: sketch elfa.jpg (156KB, 800x711px) Image search: [Google]
sketch elfa.jpg
156KB, 800x711px
Pic is mine

So I've been drawing seriously for like a year now and I'm already miles ahead of majority of artists. I'm seeing these artists who are putting in hours every fucking day(those poor /beg/ fags) and like they never improve. Hell, I'm even better than artists who've been drawing for their whole lives, seriously.

inb4 dunning kruger

I'm not saying i'm the best artists in the world but like when I look at the general cesspool of artists, take 4chan for example, i'm already in the upper echelon without really trying. Every day I draw i'm making huge gains whereas all these artists hardly improve from month to month. I dunno
>>
File: 1468339428450.gif (194KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
1468339428450.gif
194KB, 200x202px
>>2989550
>I'm so good
>look at me I'm so good
>tell me I'm good please
>you're bad
>you're really bad
>I'm not trying
>gains
mademereply/bait
>>
> Does talent exist?

Sure.
However talent will never be important as effort, because talent without effort leads nowhere, while effort alone can always lead to results.

If you have both, congratulation!
>>
>>2989550
post some of your sketches that are not shit
>>
to OP

Now you could become your greatest enemy. You could stuck in that "shape judging and drawing" phase for many years. If you continue down that path for 4 or 5 years, you could copy almost everything, you will see every painting or drawing as a set of shapes, and you brain will think - "oh, i could do that...".
But its a trick, you see shapes, but you dont see process. You need to copy something you dont know, even from shitty artist, and believe me - you will get stuck for weeks or months
>>
>>2989550
>drawing seriously for like a year now
That's because most people haven't actually started drawing seriously here. Also there's a lot that feels wonky about that face.
>>
>>2989550
I guess I'm in a similar spot. I've never really studied art or anything, all I've done is draw and occasional sketch in my notebook while at school and I'm better than 95% of people in the beginner threads. I have a fuckton to learn but I've definitely started closer to the finish line.
>>
>>2989550
The eyes aren't looking the same way, and she looks like she has fetal alcohol syndrome. Also, that neck
>>
>>2989580
>wonky
>a bit off
>is wrong

i love /ic/ buzzwords without explanations
>>
>>2989589
Fine if you want a real fucking critique the nose should be closer to the side of the face from that angle. The other side of the nostril disappeared because that person couldn't make it work and just hid it. The eyes are horribly fucked in their placement, if you can't see it just zoom in. It literally looks like the artist has no construction skills and just rendered mismatching features on a head.

Happy now?
>>
File: fisheyeperspa.jpg (176KB, 800x542px) Image search: [Google]
fisheyeperspa.jpg
176KB, 800x542px
>>2989559
It's the truth >>2989566
Effort without talent would lead to mediocrity.
>>2989569
sure>>2989578
it's not a copy, it's from imagination. >>2989588
No shit there are mistakes retard. I never said i was perfect. I said i was better than the majority.

here are some of my sketches as requested
>>
>>2989602
it's shit. Stop embarrassimg yourself.
>>
File: sketch1aa.jpg (404KB, 1200x780px) Image search: [Google]
sketch1aa.jpg
404KB, 1200x780px
>>2989602
More. Whether you like it or not, you can't disagree that i'm better than 99% of artists who've been drawing seriously for a year.
>>
>>2989550
Talent is being able to learn faster than regular ppl.
If you're able to manage most of the basics in two years then yes you're definitely better than a lot of people.
That sole image can't tell us how good you are.
Also her right cheek should be a little smaller/less inflated.

>i'm already in the upper echelon withou really trying
You can find a lot of people with that skill level at the draw thread, even if bait you shouldn't get deceived this shit requires a lot of creativity and building on ideas, and on the technical side more than knowing values and construction with forms
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>2989608
>haven't started drawing yet
>already better than op
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>2989559
> I'm gifted! look at me!
>>
>>2989550
>>2989602
>>2989608
Post something that actually finished and let's us see how talent you are instead of posting unfinised shitty sketchs just to prolong this bait dumbass
>>
>>2989624
>unfinised
Wew lad
>>
>>2989629
Just bought my first mechanical keyboard dude, still haven't adapt to it yet, also got yap constantly, fuck me
>>
File: 1490770274173.gif (953KB, 330x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490770274173.gif
953KB, 330x300px
>>2989633
i mean zap FUCK
>>
If you get better, you will cringe at your thread.
>>
You guys really need to learn to stop falling for such obvious bait. Any time an artist comes to this board, makes a thread boasting how good he is AND immediately posts "his" work, followed up by more of "his" work without anyone even asking, it's 100% some vendetta faggot trying to spite the original artist of those images he's posting. My guess is this is some random shitter from LAS.
>>
>>2989550
Use one of the other threads on the topic, you fucking asshole.
>>
>>2989676
Still people out there playin 3-dimensional chess huh
>>
>>2989676

This desu

Post high res versions to prove thats actually your work OP
>>
>>2989550

>painting digitalshit stock anime face without color in 3/4 view
>calling yourself an artist

Huehue
>>
File: IMG_20170429_100145.png (1MB, 1499x1597px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170429_100145.png
1MB, 1499x1597px
Holy Mary so cringe that it hurts

well you don't get better at art from practicing unless there is room for improvement with your coordination (which there shouldn't be) you get better at art by exposing yourself to art and learning from it. Most people learn very little from an image aside from it's intended message but you can so congrats! but I draw maybe 3- 4 times a year and I'm probably much better than you are if you're posting b&w profiles of elves and blowing yourself lol
you should be thanking your peers for their guidance rather than stepping on their heads
>>
>>2989550
show me some action shots of characters on backgrounds, and I'll tell you how good you really are. what you've shown here is childs' play.
>>
>>2989602
>>2989608
Oh, here they are. I assume you were drawing before, but this 1 year you are mentioning was spent practicing seriously, correct?
if that's the case, you are pretty much mediocre-advanced tier.
nothing special, really.
keep going tho. and maybe drop the retarded edgy attitude while you're at it.
>>
>>2989594
I'm not op but i actually commend you for elaborating.
>>
>>2989729
whenever someone critiques your anatomy just tell them the subject matter/source material is deformed
cant argue with that lol
"that's just what she looks like man lay off" *skater voice*
>>
File: 1491898035099.jpg (104KB, 572x621px) Image search: [Google]
1491898035099.jpg
104KB, 572x621px
So you made a thread just for talking about how great you are?
Stay classy op
>>
>>2989550
Don't bother with people here, OP. You have talent and your drawings have life.
More important than tecnique is a notion for esthetic and you have it.
You have to improve and you know it already, but sure, your art has more quality than most people who call themselves artists.

Just keep in mind that you should'nt take your talent too far and become arrogant. Compare yourself with others if you wish, but never in a destructive way.
The artist who improve just want to become better than anyone is an imature artist and will have a hard time reaching his potential.
>>
>>2989676
Is it Rover?
>>
>>2989608
This honestly sucks senpai.
Back to /beg/ with you.
>>
>>2989550
>I've been drawing seriously
>without really trying
you ok there buddy?
>>
"Man. I said some stupid shit online to people who don't really care."
-You, 2 years from now.
>>
>>2989550
>drawing seriously
>thinks all the other time spend drawing before doesn't matter.
>>
File: ChineseFood.jpg (61KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
ChineseFood.jpg
61KB, 780x439px
>>2989616
> Same here
> Drawing doesn't seem hard at all

People on this board should try their hands at something really hard, like electrical engineering, not some easy stuff like becoming a doctor or an artist.
>>
>>2989550
>>2989602
>>2989608
Talent is being able to pick things up quickly. It's the same for me, I don't spend so much time studying, as I do just drawing. That said, I still do study, especially when I target a specific weakness of mine, and I still put many hours in, as cumulative experience is something that talent won't get you by.

As someone else itt said, talent + effort is what it takes. If you're not putting in the effort cause you think you got talent, you'll be left in the dust by the people who have talent, AND are putting in effort. Which is more than you think.

Likewise, people with little talent can also surpass you with enough cumulative experience if you let your talent make you arrogant and lazy.

Looking at your work, you're alright but you still got ways to go. For someone who's been doing it for only a year, you've certainly got potential if you put the work in.

That said, when it comes to study, understand that it's not a linear path up, it's more of a logrithmic curve of diminishing returns, with many ups and downs in skill. What happens is, typically you have your strengths, the things you're best at, be it characters, portraits, environments, dynamic shots, etc... So you'll usually start to REALLY see some improvements there as you learn. However, you are blind to your weaknesses, so when you start working on those, you'll see a relatively slower progress in those areas, it happened to me.

For example, looking at your stuff, I can say that for one, your linework is very sloppy. You're good at dynamism though, however, your style and design elements definitely need some work. Same for your anatomy. You're still a beginner, sorry to say. As someone else pointed out, you're gonna cringe when you read this shit in the future.
>>
>>2990543
cont....

(seriously, fuck character limits)

Art is a LOOOOOOOONG journey, you've still got ways to go.

The main reason for your inflated ego is because you're spending too much time comparing yourself to people inferior to you. I advice you find pro artists who inspire you, and maintain laser focus on comparing yourself to where you wanna get to vs. where you currently are.

Your ego is your worst enemy.
>>
Talent dosen't exist, IQ exists. And you aren't amazing for being a year deep, just "I might follow this person's blog if I like the subject matter" tier.
>>
>>2990543
Dude, are you fucking retarded? You think his work is beginner? Have you seen beginner drawings? I'm curious to see what you consider to be intermediate level? Just because someone isn't as good as ruan Jia or kjg doesn't mean they are beg tier
>>
>>2989550
Is this another pretend to be the artist to try to ruin their rep thing?
>>
>>2989676
I think we need a sticky that warns people about these posts to help moderate the board.
>>
>does talent real?
Yes, it does
>is talent more important than hard work?
Yes. Drawing is a skill you cannot learn unless you have some sort of innate talent
>will people itt say that talent doesn't matter?
Ofc they will, you wouldn't admit that your precious skills were just something you were born with, would you? Better pretend that it's all hard work; gotta sell those "Learn to draw" books and workshops to the goyim
>>
Yep. It exists.

It's nothing special, though. Not without a good work ethic. Which is also a talent in and of itself, I guess.
>>
>>2990578
Until you an produce work people will pay for you are a beginner
>>
OP is ahead of pace for a year's worth of time. That fucking ego though, jesus, you need to be really good for an ego like that, not 'a bit above par for 1 year'.

OP, a little more modesty will go a long way, and it'll also get a lot of people to agree you're doing well for yourself, instead of immediately making it confrontational to stroke your massive self esteem.
>>
>>2990578
OP, you're a beginner. Drop the ego.

You've shown no finished pieces, your linework is very poor, as is your ability to render properly. I can't speak for your understanding of lighting. Your anatomy needs work. Your style needs development. Etc...

You've got a long way to go kid. I'm assuming what you've shown is the best of the best of your work. Like I said, starting out, your strengths all really shine, and you hide your weaknesses under a rug. But none of what you've shown is exceptionally stellar or stand out desu. I made pic related as a beginner. While a great piece, it's not hard to attain seeing as I'm copying a photograph, moreover, consistency is king, and this is something you start to attain once you reach intermediate and have a keener eye for self critique. There is a serious lack of consistency in what you've shown us OP, moreover, your blindness to your own weaknesses is very typical of a beginner.

Like I said, you've got ways to go. Don't let any of this get you down, but also, don't let your inflated ego get the better of you. For example, there are plenty of artists on here who I greatly admire that totally shit on my work with the kind of stuff they put out.

Just keep working hard, and keep an open mind to advice. All talent means is you learn faster. If you don't put in the work, the people lacking talent who are working hard WILL surpass you.
>>
>>2989608
this isnt good, fuck off and die you unaware piece of shit
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (4MB, 1204x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
4MB, 1204x1228px
>>2989550
get your feet on the ground bro.
>>
>>2990607
Karloff has such a drawable face. Nice shading.
>>
How do you retards keep falling for it? Some of you are even stupid enough to write walls of text at a troll pulling an artists' patreon sketches. Imagine his glee as he watches you try to play the "better man" or lecture him on what he needs to do, inwardly knowing that none of you morons' advice would be worth a shit to the actual artist.
>>
File: 100841.png (499KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
100841.png
499KB, 449x642px
>>2990694

Usually when speaking to idiots and trolls it isn't for the benefit of the idiot or troll, but the other onlookers who might have an ounce of sense.
>>
>>2990188
I barely drew before. Drawing a couple doodles
a year doesn't matter dumb ass.
>>2990601
I've gotten commissions before. Also that logic is retarded. There are a lot of shit artists like draw with jazza that get commissions.
>>2990607
First of all, are you retarded enough to compare a shitty photo copy that would take like a month to learn to stylized imagination work? Second, not finishing your drawings doesn't mean you're a beginner. There are a lot of artists who do solely sketches. If KJG only drew would he be /beg/ tier? Obviously, all my skills need work, I never said it was perfect dumb ass. And lastly, these aren't my best pieces, they are just random sketches.
>>
File: st241 copy.jpg (367KB, 1229x1300px) Image search: [Google]
st241 copy.jpg
367KB, 1229x1300px
More stuff. I haven't gotten to finished pieces yet because I've obviously only been drawing for a year and working on my foundations but regardless the work i produce is easily on the same level on the artists on the stylization and draw thread unless you guys think they are beginners too.
>>
>>2989608
>all of those shitty hands
>no anatomy knowledge at least from this pic
>no bone structure to anything
>all "sketches"
>it's not hard to get good at faces
>where's the dynamic lighting
>no sense of composition
>weak design sense

You're not bad, but you're far from good. Mileage separates a good artist from a professional. Just keep making art. That's all that matters in the end.

Also start doing actual, finished illustrations. Literally anyone can draw characters on a gray bg.

>>2990786
Again super generic.
Find yourself in your work and let thaf come through.

What are some artists you look up to?
>>
>>2990845
You're retarded. It doesn't take a genius to render a turd. See DA. Being able to sketch well is 70% of being able to make a great final illustration. Finished works are just adding detail, it's just the icing on top.

You stupid /beg/ level artists are over here polishing turds thinking that having good sketching skills doesn't matter.
>>
I would shit on you got only drawing faces at the most fun angle and all that

but it's really just because I'm jealous, I didn't get much farther than you before starting to just mindlessly hate all of my own work and I can't get past basic rendering before putting graffiti all over it and feeling horrible
>>
>>2990845
oh cmon, stop answering to bait. are you an idiot or something?
>>
>>2990851
it doesn't take a genius to draw what you are drawing either.
show one of your finished pieces, or show me how you draw hands and feet.
cmon dunning kruger, prove me wrong.
>>
File: IMG_20170417_102820.jpg (732KB, 2048x1948px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_102820.jpg
732KB, 2048x1948px
>>2990786
Oh and literally all of your heads are facing the same way.
Also work on expressions.

Also also
You're not "better" than a "majority"
There's people with work shittier than yours and theyre making a living.

Treat it as:
You're worse than the majority of professional artists in the world.

Pic not mine, just an example of something far better than any of your work. Things that you aren't thinking about rest in this single image. Milage is the only way to understand what you're missing.
>>
>>2990854
>got only
*for only
>>
>>2990694
And you think you're the better person for "recognizing this bait"?

Yeah, no. Fuck off.
>>
>>2990786
It's kinda fucked up how you're trying to make an artist look bad on here. Vendetta threads are trash, just because he's not a good artist it shouldn't mean you get to fuck with him.
>>
>>2990786
Your work can still be critiqued by beginners in the /beg/ thread for beginner errors. There's still stuff to learn there.

Mastery is about the loving the path, not eagerly awaiting the destination.
>>
File: 1491435507041.jpg (172KB, 854x853px) Image search: [Google]
1491435507041.jpg
172KB, 854x853px
>>2990784
>that ego
Yup, you belong here alright
>>
>>2989550
Yes talent exist as well as anti-talent

some people doing x and they are good at it and some people can do x many years and be shit at it
>>
>>2989550
Could you most drawings of hands or full figures? Post something hard to draw instead of faces. That will prove your worth
>>
>>2989602
It's shit, gg.
>>
>>2989550
I'd rather be shit at art than be so unlikeable.
>>
File: 1492923152215.gif (64KB, 226x176px) Image search: [Google]
1492923152215.gif
64KB, 226x176px
>>2989836
>>2989550 (OP)
here, have a (you)
>>
>>2990784
>this isn't my best work
Wow way to backtrack there. Why post something to a thread in which you state that you are an amazing artist, and not post quality work? Looks to me that everyone has you figured out anon.

You haven't got a single good piece, have you?

Listen buddy. You're not shit tier, you're worse. You're in the tier that is so medicare that you blend in with the masses. Better than 99%? More like you are that 99%.
>>
>people still responding to it
this board is filled with retards
>>
>>2994581
>still on the thread
you're equally retarded
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.