[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i dont even know

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1484583011001.jpg (978KB, 1946x3456px) Image search: [Google]
1484583011001.jpg
978KB, 1946x3456px
Hi there, /ic/
I'm a beginner game-developer who is currently entertaining an idea of a game.
Why did I come here?
Because i'm at a complete loss as to which art style would suit it best. Besides I so not know a lot of modern artists.
That's why I was wondering if you could point me to where can I look at different artists' works for reference.

pic unrelated
>>
artstation is the only good spot anymore
>>
This is the most amazing view you could have. Can't even imagine how much the rooms are just for the view.
>>
>>2989306
Maybe you could also name some artists whose style you like, too?
>>
>>2989310

I could, but all the artists I like would be waaay out of the budget of any game developer that's not making AAA titles.

If you name a few games with visual styles you find appealing, maybe we can suggest artists.
>>
>>2989317
To clarify. I didn't want to hire the artist, I just wanted to see which art-styles are there. Maybe try to find someone who can copy.
To name a few games with styles I enjoyed and that could possibly fit mine.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/312520/Rain_World/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/424840/Little_Nightmares/

And thanks.
>>
>>2989317

Well, what is your budget?
>>
>>2989328
I have about 50k lying around and I can spend 50 more to make a fully playable demo. Can't really afford an artist with a big name.
>>
Do you have a clear idea about the theme, setting, mood and atmoshpere of your game? The artstyle should depend heavily on that so it's kinda pointless randomly suggesting your different artstyles. The thing is, if you don't have the money to hire an experienced artist who does basically art director decisions for your game, then you are the one who needs to have the vision even if you can't draw it. So don't just go style window-shopping but really try to visualize how you want your game to look like and what design and style decisions could enhance your game.
>>
>>2989306
check out polycount aswell, a forum for game artists
>>
File: me pondering.jpg (40KB, 438x500px) Image search: [Google]
me pondering.jpg
40KB, 438x500px
>>2989333
Fair enough. I thought you were going to say like $2,000 or something. Truth be told I was planning on ribbing you a little for being another naive kid. I know a guy you might want to talk to (I'm not him I swear), as far as this board itself goes he's a solid artist and a decent guy who's looking for work.

thdark.tumblr.com

In my humble IMHO he has a really good grasp on mechanical subjects in particular, but he's pretty versatile. He might be just who you're looking for. I'm not sure what he charges though.
>>
>>2989371
I do have a more or less clear idea of what the game should be like mechanics-wise. As for the art-style, I have some ideas but since a can't draw I can only describe the idea and the general atmosphere and feelings it should produce.
Currently I'm finishing the design document (more like a concept since I'm not really good at technologies involved) and I've written a script.
I was thinking about hiring someone whose work I liked to draw a scene, to see how he would view it.

>>2989392
I'm more of a manager since I've got some business experience and a writer who has got some ideas and money to turn them into something.
Thanks for the link but I do not think his art style is what i need. Too cartoony.

>>2989389
Thanks!

Sorry for my English. Not native language.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.