[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Commission artists

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: The_ARK_028.jpg (2MB, 1790x2722px) Image search: [Google]
The_ARK_028.jpg
2MB, 1790x2722px
Has anyone ever tried to charge you back on paypal? Is it prevalent? Did you manage to dispute and get the money back?
>>
>>2988041
>charge you back on paypal
I thought that only works if the payment hasn't gone through?
>>
>>2988041
You can't dispute it because Paypal doesn't technically protect your work. You'd have to send a physical copy.

>>2988093
A commissioner can put a claim that they didn't receive any product from you and paypal will roll back the payment since you can't defend it.

I have had one person do this.
During a transaction the risk isn't divided in equal parts, the artist is carrying most of the risk. If you're working with individuals then always take full payment in advance, because even when you do they still sort of have a hand on it, they haven't let go completely. They're protected by paypal while you are protected by good will.
>>
>>2988041
>>2988107
useful tip is to only take commissions from people who have some kind of establishment online (if you can afford to be picky with your clients). doesn't have to be someone with a thousand followers, or whatever, just some form of indication that they're not some complete random person from the internet. a good sign is if they have multiple examples of previously commissioned work from different artists.

if they can't disappear into the night with your work this lessens the chance of them intentionally trying to fuck you over because you could then just spread word to other artists that they will try to slither out of payment, effectively blacklisting them from getting more work. tho even if they don't have some name online, paypal gives enough info in the payment section that you could warn others to be wary of this person should they see the same info pop up. good site to check would be artists beware
http://artists-beware.livejournal.com/

another good habit to get into is invoicing your paypal payments to clients, making sure to jump through whatever the current hoops paypal has at the moment to make it clear that you're being paid for a service, not a good, and therefore there is no shipping label required that could come back to beef you in the booty
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.