[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Photoshop Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (2KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2KB, 227x222px
Does anyone else use PS for digital art, why or why not? If yes, what tools do you use most, what are your main problems with it? Do you have any work examples to share? Do you have any tips from a PS newbie (using CC, mainly character design but open to anything)? All responses are appriciated!
>>
>>2987354
Photoshop's lines are pretty shit so its bad for sketching and the like
at its core its an image editing software more than an image making software
>>
>>2987368
This post makes no sense whatsoever, pay no attention to it.
>>
>>2987354
There's no right or wrong, only opinion. I use Photoshop because I've been using it professionally since version 2.5, I know it inside and out, and I'm comfortable with it.

For basic drawing, it's way overkill. If you can afford it, great, if not, don't sweat it.

I've always liked Painter, despite it's price, but if you want a deep painting simulation, it can't be beat.

The free and cheap alternatives posted here are fine, too, as long as the toolset is what you need, and you're comfortable and get things done.

Having said that, if you have any professional ambition, most places will have Photoshop licenses, so you should be comfortable with the basic toolset.
>>
>>2987397
Can you explain a reason why?
>>
>>2987368
He's half right. If you draw at a low resolution, it can look shitty. I always try to do at least 3k x 3k pixel canvas at 300 dpi. At that resolution, you can print an image 5 feet wide and it will still look good.

Corel Painter might actually be better for digital painting, but I've been using PS for over 10 years and don't feel like learning something new.
>>
>>2987411
Drawing at low resolution isn't the fault of the app, it's the user.
>>
OP HERE
I already own photoshop CC and am using it to digitally render my sketches from paper to digital. I understand the fact it is based from pixels and ruin smooth lines but that has never been an issue. My main question would be what tools (apart from the brush tool) are useful for character design and creating something (so from a plain sketch to pro concept. I have found good use in the Soft Light so far. Thanks for the help so far, even the one cunt who just said don't use it!
>>
OP AGAIN
I'm a 4chan newbie, how the fuck do you make a message a reply so it'd have >>FuckingNumberHere#?
>>
>>2987427
you write your text and then click the post id you want to reference
>>
>>2987354
Clip studio is much better.
>>
get better pc then use photoshop
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 260x194px
Get gimp, losers
>>
>>2987354
>Do you have any tips from a PS newbie
The best brush is the hard round brush with 100% opacity and 0% feather.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.