[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone want to leave the house to look at art like

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: 563354141_dea564001f_b.jpg (378KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
563354141_dea564001f_b.jpg
378KB, 1024x683px
Why would anyone want to leave the house to look at art like this when I can look at much better stuff like cool Manga art and digital masters like Sakimichan right from my computer at home?
>>
File: 1494078964959.jpg (71KB, 387x398px) Image search: [Google]
1494078964959.jpg
71KB, 387x398px
Because seeing artwork in the flesh is very different from seeing it from your parent's basement.
>>
>>2986796

Doesn't suddenly make shit art not shit however.
>>
>>2986800
it does, it also makes some not shit art shit.
>>
>>2986796
Picassos look even worse in person tho
>>
>>2986800
I just realized something.

What if /ic/ becomes the official grounds for art critique and judgement and it no longer remains in the hands of the jewish art collectors and gallery owners...and everything becomes digital and and the jews lose their racket...how can we make this happen?
>>
>>2986850
very unlikely, it's a pretty big industry, with gangsters and governments involved. may as well try to stop banks fucking us.
>>
>>2986855
Oh you're right...4chan is already run by jews....fuck.
>>
File: 1454136962480.jpg (664KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
1454136962480.jpg
664KB, 2048x1367px
>>2986796
Alright if you're gonna fight with anectodal fallicies than so will I

I have also seen many Picassos and other modern artists works in person.
If anything, seeing pre 1900 art is what's more important to see in person. Modern art in person fills me with a terrible sense of degenerecy in the world wheras pre 1900 does the complete opposite

What now fucker
We are both anon, you cannot claim your views are more valid than mine. Now we must operate based on logical points.

Pre 1900 is better because it takes skill to create and is praised for promoting physically and mentally healthy aspects of life. This benefits society becuase it inspires people to pursue these things.
post 1900 art does the opposite, it fills society's mind with thoughts of horrible things, this demotivates people and makes life seem horrible
>>
>>2986763
I'm not sure wether you're autistic or trolling.

It takes years to be able to paint something like Picasso and his career is situated in a context in the history of art which makes it important and groundbreaking. Maybe it's not your thing and that's ok but if art is so huge nowadays it's because people had to push the limits and find new way to express ideas. That's why it's worth moving your fat ass to a museum once in a while
It takes like 6 months to master everything the manga style has to offer and it is a style designed to be read and threw in the trash in the span of 30 minutes
Maybe that's what you like the most and that's ok. It's still trash

Japanese people don't even take it seriously. You really have to be an autistic western beta to think manga is an important or interesting art form
Also
>digital masters
Did you mean boring ass heroic fantasy niggers

You just have shit tastes op, it's fine as long as you're not arrogant about it
>>
>>2986867
i like how you're wrong for the right reasons, pretty interesting
>>
I don't know why anyone looks at art anymore. all I see is anatomy, composition, perspective, line work. etc
>>
>>2986883
What makes you think this?
>>
>>2986896
well that you ignore the whole apres guerre thing going on with the 20th century, and act as if it's the art's fault.
>>
>>2986867
>muh skillz
Spoken like a true d/ic/k. Art is way more than just skillz, it isn't like sports, where all it matters is being the best at doing a specific task, like managing to throw a ball in a little circle.

>This benefits society becuase it inspires people to pursue these things.
So to your art should just be some shitty propaganda? Calm down Big Brother, if you want to brainwash people there are other methods.
Also judging art based on how useful it is its totally wrong. Hell a car is way more useful for a person than any work of art he will see in his life.

>it fills society's mind with thoughts of horrible things, this demotivates people and makes life seem horrible
Yeah, life is also full of bad shit. Again art isn't some antidepressant drug or propaganda. Plastic art is about expressing yourself through imagery, it's okay to express stuff like your "healty values", but you shouldn't consider it the only and true art for dumb reasons like those.

Also as this guy said >>2986901
The 20th century was a breaking point in human history: world scale wars, political tensions, life changing scientific discoveries. They all heavily influenced art
>>
>digital masters like Sakimichan
aaaalright
>>
>>2987011
Who are the other great digital masters?
>>
>>2986867
>picture of a statue with a shallow depth of field and post processing effects
It's bound to look like shit in real life
>>
File: 1440706882975.jpg (123KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1440706882975.jpg
123KB, 640x480px
>>2987087
Fine have this instead then
>>
File: Bernini0000.png (285KB, 416x600px) Image search: [Google]
Bernini0000.png
285KB, 416x600px
>>2987087
Photos already fail paintings on so many levels, statues like these HAVE to be seen in person. Pic related is literally jaw-dropping, you have to keep circling around it like a moron.
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 1200x628px
I saw a wide variety of Picasso works in Toronto a few years ago. I'm not sure if John Richardson was involved in selecting the works or not but I completed three books of his 4-volume Picasso project was pretty excited to see the show. I loved being able to walk around Picasso's sculptures, and to see the stuff from 1907-9 with all of the landscapes containing hidden figures. The portraits of the women were engaging but the Massacre In Korea was most shocking -- it was lower contrast than it is in reproductions, and it was painted with a high degree of transparency in the soldier's legs. Fascinating to stand two feet away from it, particularly since it received very little attention from other viewers.
>>
>>2987187
A lot of Picasso's works from the 60's and 70's were still pretty damn good... Only the sculptures managed to lose their special sheen.
>>
>>2986867
>imblying 1800's academic painting wasn'd bourgeoise degeneracy
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 400x533px
>>2987230
>what'd he mean by this?
>>
>>2986867
>promoting physically and mentally healthy aspects of life.

>What is Munch, or Van Gogh, or Toulouse-Lautrec, or the Post-Impressionists, or the Fauvists in general, etc.?

>What is the Rococo?

>What is the Salons with all their constant Madonnas and still-lifes?

A lot of pre-1900s art didn't "promote physically and mentally healthy aspects of life;" those were only in the movements that called for it. Art was only what was popular at the time. Nothing more, nothing less.

>takes skill to create

Go ahead and try to do a Picasso or a Braque or a Pollock or a Rothko or a Warhol or a Kandinsky, etc.
>>
Picasso's art is a meme and cubism ignores all the fundamentals and contains lots of symbol drawing.
>>
>>2987952
Once you master you fundamentals you are free to ignore them, that's what picasso did and that's why he matters. He already painted like the old masters when he was a teenager
>>
>>2987974
>Learn something
>Ignore your knowledge

>Learn law
>Become lawyer
>Ignore knowledge of law when defending a client
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-21-15-40-26-1.png (1005KB, 720x920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-21-15-40-26-1.png
1005KB, 720x920px
>>2986867
your deluded af my friend
>>
>>2986763
because anime is generic kiddy entertainment?
>>
>>2987975
>Art is the same as practicing law

Yes, because people depend on artists to keep them out of trouble like their attorneys do. It's just SO similar.

Hey, you fucking idiot, this is art. You can do whatever the fuck you want; as long as people like your stuff and it passes the test of time, then it's good.
>>
>>2987975
i'm pretty sure people with law educations make new laws too
>>
>>2987975
Art is subjective. Law is not subjective.

kys.
>>
>>2988817
But, also, just like art, some laws can be interpreted, or seen in ways not originally envisioned by the creator.
>>
>>2986867
how can one post be so wrong?
>>
>>2988817
Actually how to handle a legal case is very subjective as sentencing and punishment relies heavily on the opinions of the judge and jury.
>>
>>2989195
Maybe you are an emu.
>>
>>2988633
No they don't
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.