[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best art software? I am currently using Krita but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: kritalogo.png (67KB, 760x256px) Image search: [Google]
kritalogo.png
67KB, 760x256px
What is the best art software? I am currently using Krita but are there any other free options worth checking out that have advantages over it?
>>
Nah, I've tried a ton of the other free ones like Medibang and FireAlpaca and they're both fucking garbage. Krita stands alone as the one free software that can contend with commercial offerings-if your computer can handle it.
>>
>>2986338
Krita is the most feature filled free one

I would also like to shill mypaint (it´s better on Linux tho)

Medibang (firealpaca) is also really good if you don´t want to download 4 mb of a pirated SAI.
>>
Pirate Sai or download the trial every month
>>
Just buy sai, which is cheap. If you want to be a creator, support other creators.
>>
>>2986348
I think sai is garbage compared to krita personally but it depends on what art you do. If you do a lot of lineart and clean cartoony coloring, sai is good, but if you paint, krita is top tier.
>>
>>2986348
Why not just pirate Photoshop then?
>>
>>2986338
Krita seems to be the one at the top of freeware mountain.
Paid, depends on what you do. If you want an approach to traditional painting there's Corel Painter, Clip Studio seems to be an improved sai and if you are just lazy to pick anything just go with Photoshop.
>>
>>2986338
Paintstorm studio looks good but it isn't free
>>
>>2986338
Buy clip studio.
>>
krita crashes a lot for me, anyone else having this problem?
>>
>>2988730
No crashes but it does freeze/lock up occasionally for no discernible reason.
>>
I dual boot win 8.1 for my games and use mint 18.1 KDE for everything else, the windows install sometimes has issues and is generally slower than on linux. Yep I installed on win cause sometimes I'm just too lazy to take the 30 seconds to reboot and spend the whole time bitching about how much slower it is on win.
>>
Nah. Krita is the best free painting software atm, it's so good it could compete even with commercial software. Mypaint is good for quick paintings and sketches, it has very limited toolset (on purpose), I use it for gesture practice and sketching out basic ideas as, thanks to its simplicity, it doesn't hog as much resources as Krita. There's also Aseprite which is amazing for pixel art if you're into something like that, I use it over Krita when working on pixel art specifically.

>>2988730
Krita runs way better on Linux. I don't think I've had any crashes or freezes yet, I've had mixed experience with windows, on some computers it runs well on some it crashes often. I recommend dualbooting if you want to use it more extensively and the crashes are annoying, installing Fedora or Ubuntu alongside windows takes like 30 minutes.
>>
Photoshop is shit or doing art unless you pay for Lazy Nezumi Pro.
>>
Am I hack if I use any function from a painting program other than the paint brushes
>>
SAI
A
I
>>
>>2988730
What are you doing? It works fine for me but I'm not use much filters\layers and other shit.

>>2990450
I dunno it worked pretty much same on win and linux.

>>2990548
Lazy Nezumi Pro doesn't make it much better.
>>
>>2990450
>Krita runs way better on Linux
Can confirm, on windows I had crashes maybe once a week, since I switched to Linux I've had none. Absolutely love it, the layers are logical and the brushes are real fun to fuck with, compared to Photoshop at least.
If I was on Windows, I'd probably be using CSP or Paintstorm studio. These three softwares really have a potential, I think.
>>
why don't people like sai?
>>
photoshop

krita is complete shit
paint tool sai is for weebs who want to pretend theyre japanese so much theyll use a barebones program
>>
Procreate's the tits.
Only drawback is you're gonna have to have an iPad for it.
>>
>>2986490
>This

I animate cell by cell. Sai has been my light in the darkness.
>>
Sai or Affinity.
DO
NOT
SUPPORT
THE
ADOBE
PARTY
>>
File: cvPZJanmZnQ.jpg (36KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
cvPZJanmZnQ.jpg
36KB, 511x509px
>>2986338
Torrent different programs and test them out. I currently use sai and photoshop and they both have their advantages, but it really comes down to what you become more comfortable with.
>>
>>2986338
Painter by corel

shit have the best watercolor engine in the market shit behaves like real life copics tho.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.