[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preparing the canvas

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysCM-5Pf-mM

Hello, I've made a video about preparing the canvas for painting. It is my first instructional video, how do you guys like it?
>>
>>2985690

why are you old, I don't want to be old ;___;
>>
>>2985690
what
>>
I didn't think people of your age come here.
Pretty interesting.

It's an alright video, nothing really special though.
>>
>>2985690
Nice video. Informative and relaxing.
>>
I personally wouldn't use on of your canvases. They're cheap, I guess, but you don't really know what you're doing. I won't go into every detail of how you did it wrong, I'll just state that if anyone wants to build quality canvases - don't follow this guide, there are hundreds of guides online that show you the right way.

I wouldn't use a frame with small stringers like that for anything, it's almost guaranteed they'll warp over time - and I wouldn't paint on that surface, you tacked teh canvas down wrong, and in a way that's guaranteed to buckle over time - and any decent frame has the top of the stretcher, where the canvas goes over it, beveled so when you press down you don't get an impression of the stringer edge.

Narration is important, especially for construction.

Here's a GOOD video for making high end canvases. He tells you WHY you make the choices he's making:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eav0sCv7txs
>>
At that size it's less trouble to just use solid board. More durable too.
>>
>>2985690
I'm just curious, why would you post here? Not that there is an age restriction, but you seem to be accomplished in what you do. Why care what 20something tryhard artists think about your diy canvas ?
>>
>>2986011
I agree, I've never cared for canvas, and switched to gessoed board, for the finish - I prefer a slight tooth from the gesso over the canvas texture.

But if you're gonna stretch canvas, do it right .- you wouldn't use student grade paper for a commission or a painting for a gallery, would you?
>>
>>2985690

get you a boy who can impregnate a canvas
>>
I'll be honest you haven't really come to the right place for feedback on this sort of thing. Although >>2985963
seems like fair criticism.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.