[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's talk about the most difficult thing in art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

I'm of course talking about noses.
Any advice on how you personal "got" noses down. Any good tutorials on how to draw them. What were your biggest mistakes and misconceptions about noses before you got good at them?
>>
Watch Proko's vid on it, it' good.
>>
>>2984720
>the most difficult thing in art
perseverance.
>>
>>2984720
Hmmmm let's see, the quickest and easiest way to learn noses is by coping anime drawings
>>
>>2984725
yeah, it's good video but only if you're a beginner.
what about stuff that can teach you how to show nose from any angle, it's proportions with other parts of the face, drawing it from imagination etc.
>>
>>2984720
Just remember that noses come in many different shapes. Makes sure you don't settle into a default nose that is different depending on the angle. Other than that it is just a matter of analyzing the shapes. Most often it seem to be poor values and coloring that mess up noses.
>>
>>2984736
What does your nose look like?
>>
>>2984730
This, so much this.
>>
>>2984720
Some cute noses in there, I wanna just pinch em.
>>
>>2984720
I found the thing that helped me most was actually drawing other mammals noses they are structured the same way.
>>
>>2984720
I think the biggest mistake is using too many lines on the thing, rather than implying forms with less lines. That applies for the rest of facial features too
>>
>>2984720
Fuck the nose. you know whats still fucking me up? Eyes. The nose is easy. I can probably make a perfect one out of playdough. But I just cant get the eyes. I dont get why they have folds sometimes, and how the folds layer. And the angles in which the upper eyelid cover the eyeball. I just dont get it.
>>
>>2984720
Just make the tip of the nose a sphere and build off from that. Not that hard,
>>
>>2984720
>the most difficult thing in art

Is not noses lmfao.

In terms of body parts it's universally accepted that hands are the most difficult.

I think mouths are more difficult, especially expressive mouths.
>>
personally, Sycra's video on noses helped me out when I was starting out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p-V7Hxe5tk
>>
File: trchet6-jan16.jpg (428KB, 768x840px)
trchet6-jan16.jpg
428KB, 768x840px
I have a weird fascination with noses so it's easy for me
>>
>>2984848
I definitely have more trouble with feet than hands, but I find so many easy outs for feet that maybe thats why I havent developed them yet.
>>
>>2984870
SHIT
H
I
T
>>
File: gaston.jpg (70KB, 1284x684px)
gaston.jpg
70KB, 1284x684px
>>2984870
Anon.
>>
>>2984870
>>2984889
The nose IS the best part though we can give them that.
>>
>>2984925
huh, fair enough
>>
>>2984819
Pretend you're tucking in the widdle eyeball into his blankie. The eyelid is the blanket snuggling in our eyeball
>>
>>2984964
cute!
>>
>>2984870
To try and give some constructive feedback. You're outlining things too dark. Making it look like a weird 70s cartoon. Honestly, I've seen this style before.
By the way when is it OK to draw in your own stylized way without it being anime/concept art style/or plain old cartoons?
>>
>>2984737
>yeah, it's good video but only if you're a beginner.
Everyone in /ic/ is a begginer.
>>
>>2984736
>>2984769
not me, but my nose is slightly above average in size, my greater alar cartilages are a tad unequal ( 1mm-1.5mm more on one side)
>>
>>2984737
Everything you just described is for beginners though
>>
Okay I might as well join in

I always struggle with the "ball" of the nose. I know that noses have the bridge which has two front planes, and then the ball portrudes the nose even further. It always messes me up cause at certain angles the nose looks either like a flat wedge or a super upturned nose.
Any suggestions? I can draw a pic if i didn't explain that well enough.
>>
Noses are mostly static. If you just figure it out with a few days of hard study you never have to worry about it again.
>>
>>2984737
>how do i draw thing?

draw lots of thing
>>
>>2984730
aside from that and not wanting to kill yourself

hands. fuck hands
noses are alright but hands? fuck 'em
>>
>>2984964
That... actually... fucking helped.
>>
>>2984969
a 70s cartoon? that's interesting. wish I knew what you meant. and yeah I agree it's not very good, as you'll see by the file name, it's old. I've moved away from muh autism rendering since then. to answer your question, I don't know. I think as long as you're always trying to learn and improve and consider yourself a student of art, you can pretty much play around and do whatever you want as far as stylization goes. you still learn from making a "shit" drawing. even if it's something really small.
>>
>>2985021
>not me pretending that my comments aren't me
Imitation is the highest form of flattery
>>
File: Capture.png (38KB, 88x748px)
Capture.png
38KB, 88x748px
>>2985300
not, youre just not me. ill give you lessons on being me if you give me 300 pictures of hands in 4k
>>
>>2984925
>them
>1 poster

Insightful glimpse into the mind of an /ic/ shitposter.
>>
>>2985367
I don't know if you don't have a good grasp of english but that's completely valid grammar. Similar to how sjw's want to be referred by they.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.