[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art school cleaner AMA

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19

I'm a cleaner for a school, I clean mostly art rooms. Ask me anything.

Pic related, teachers grading student exam work.
>>
hmm why does it all look like garbage??
>>
That room looks clean af. You're doing an awesome job anon.
>>
>>2984173
Because you have become bitter since you are no longer a student.

Or, it's 1 photo taken very far back of an entire room so there is no way to see detail.
>>
>>2984181
Awww thanks Anon. I put a fair bit of effort into it. But some stains won't come up.
>>
>>2984182
I don't need to be any closer to evaluate their quality, thank you
>>
>>2984182
school was full of normies, why would I be bitter?
>>
>>2984214
Sure thing your highness.

>>2984215
Because you don't have the school environment anymore. Where there are no mistakes and summer lasts a hundred years and everyone is special.
>>
>>2984155
Why do you browse /ic/
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 1600x1200px
>>2984155
Do you remember the first time you wanted to take a work of art?
>>
>>2984225
>Because you don't have the school environment anymore. Where there are no mistakes and summer lasts a hundred years and everyone is special.

School was shit then, life is shit now, nothing has changed.
I hope it stops soon.
>>
>>2984231
Good question. I've only started browsing and some times posting this board recently. I've been into art my whole life and unfortunately never pursued it as hard as I should have. Lately I've been wanting to create something more than ever before. Drawing, design, writing, directing, anything creative. I'm trying to decide what to do with my life and my life always comes back to art in some way.
So here I am, casually checking out /IC/.
Thanks for the question.

The fact I clean art rooms is a coincidence.
>>
>>2984235
Take like steal? When I look and judge art the students make I ask myself "would you want to hang this in your own house?". There's been a few pieces I would have liked to have, a few water colour paintings from a couple years a go were amazing. That student is going places.
>>
>>2984225
>everyone is special outside of school
>outside of a small, controlled environment, everyone is special
>there are no mistakes outside of school
>summer lasts 100 years?

lol what the fuck

do you even read what you write before you post?

you're a whole new level of talking out your ass lol. It's the opposite, but you probably are blind to it because you never left the place. You have that one person that exceeds expectations in school, they get out and are immediately eaten by somone who had the ambition to work every day of their life. They don't stop working and studying as soon as class is done. the majority of the successful artist today say they learned little to nothing of value in art school (if they even went) compared to their own studies, and it put them deep in debt

there is nothing of value in any or the paintings you've shown. and seeing that this is the things that teachers are grading is deeply saddening
>>
>>2984240
Ok cool. So as a normie yourself without a trained eye, what makes you think you can truly evaluate the artistic aptitude of these students?
>>
>>2984242
Who hurt you my child?
I put my posts through intensive screening process before posting.
>>
Have you ever found bloodstains from when some artsy fag inevitably tried to paint using their blood?
>>
>>2984247
Well according to this guy >>2984242
I don't need any to judge these students.
And me being a "normie" isn't accurate. I know my shit, may not know what that shits official title is or what long dead person made it, but I do know it, I can spot it.
One reason I didn't get nearly as far as I could with my school art was my disdain for written work and making journals. I preferred to just make and make. Try new stuff or just doodle funny shit.

Anyone can judge art, there's those that say "I like/hate it" and those who can evaluate it and tell you the history of the style and whatnot. I guess I fall in somewhere between them?
>>
>>2984253
Hahahaha, I have cleaned up blood in a different department but not here. Would a school as Christian as this one allow blood painting? Even of the J man?
>>
Got any photos of really neat pieces of student work?
Also out of curiosity how much do you get paid, do you enjoy your job?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 768x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 768x457px
What is this? It looks important.
>>
Any fun stories? What was the most fucked up thing you witnessed?
>>
File: IMG_20170504_183625.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170504_183625.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>2984263
I think these are pretty neat.
I get paid £535 a month doing this job. Hopefully that will raise to £800 when Labour win the election.
>>
What the hell? Every single painting there looks like trash.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 449x215px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 449x215px
>>2984289
The weirdest thing is that no one appears interested in their environment.
>>
ahhh you should be careful Anon, what if one of the students sees this and you get in trouble?
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 638x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 638x395px
Why are there so many apparent self-portraits?
>>
>>2984155
Dude you missed a spot; all those paintings
>>
At home now, hard days work of most rooms being clean already.

>>2984274
That I think is the students journal. That students work looks to be on point but the artwork is a little lackluster. They could use more passion or inspiration.

>>2984280
As a cleaner you see mostly the aftermath or shit. Mostly I see effects of how bored and idle the students can be. Spit at the bottom of stair wells where they stand at the top and let their spit drip down. Food thrown and exploded against walls. Lots of dicks drawn on everything. Chewing gum under every surface.
Most of my fun stories are casual flirting with the teaching staff/assistants or joking with 2 or 3 students who arent ass hats 90% of the time.

I did see one student FLIP HIS SHIT LIKE A RETARDED KING KONG because a teacher looked in his bag or something. I stood in his peripheral vision to make sure he didnt start throwing punches.
Other stories, eh nothing much, small fire in the DT room once, students leaving nude selfies on their school computer open, the usual.
>>
>>2984306
>students leaving nude selfies on their school computer open

now this is interesting.
>>
Why do they never teach fundies in art school?
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 335x500px
>>2984306
>students leaving nude selfies on their school computer open, the usual.
Whoa whoa whoa... Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>2984293
Yeah Outworld merged with the school a little while a go. I could champion Earth Realm and send the Living Forrest back, but fuck that. I aint fighting Reptile.

>>2984295
Should be fine. Exam is over, most of the stuff gets put on display in the school and I made sure no names are visable in the pics.

>>2984299
Either ego or it was the suggested topic? . . . probably ego, I draw a lot of self portraits too.

>>2984304
Huehuehuehuehuehue.

>>2984315
No pics were taken and everything was taken care of by staff.
>>
>>2984326
>No pics were taken and everything was taken care of by staff.

shaaaaame. Btw do you draw? how old are you?
>>
>>2984314
When it comes to drawing people the students take a photo, print that on to a projector sheet and trace it on a large piece of paper. Honestly I'm fine with that, if you have the tech then why not. Bet Leonardo woulda done it too if he could.

>>2984328
The student was doing life art paintings of herself so the pics were for reference, a few students do it too. I told them to double check they log out properly so no neerdowells get a hold of it.

I do draw, hoping to make a career out of it some way. Early days though. I turned 29 a few months a go.
I'll see if I have any drawings that arent cringe to post. Internet is slow today so no promises.
>>
>>2984155
What kind of shit do you often find left in classrooms? What're the most interesting things students left behind?

The easels at my school had little drawers in them, but I never found anything in them.
>>
>>2984340
I find a lot of really good stationary, decent almost unused pens on the floor happens pretty much constantly. Other than that, sub sticks, earphones, a lighter once, unopened food, find the odd £ coin every now and then.
No drugs....yet.
>>
>>2984155
Is that Tyrannosaurus Rex fucking that Stegosaurus?
>>
>>2984338
okay, waiting for your drawing then anon!
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 140x132px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 140x132px
Surely OP will deliver...
>>
File: OldShit.jpg (128KB, 596x672px) Image search: [Google]
OldShit.jpg
128KB, 596x672px
>>2984346
Maybe, whats the matter? Never seen true love before?

>>2984354
Deliver what?. . .disapproving sewing thread barrel man head.

Here's a pic from 2011/2012-ish time. Some nerd fantasy thing I never finished drawing.
>>
>>2984155
loomis
>>
File: Halloween-Dr.-Loomis-smiling.jpg (17KB, 423x310px) Image search: [Google]
Halloween-Dr.-Loomis-smiling.jpg
17KB, 423x310px
>>2984397
Yes?
>>
This is shit artschool. Not even worth memes
>>
>>2984242
This autism lel
>>
>>2984155

What do you think of the students there? are they insufferable hipster assholes?
>>
>>2984155
>Muh photocopied extreme close up faces and uninspired abstracts

Why does every school produce exactly the same shit?
>>
>>2986534
because most teachers are shit

if you want to rise the bar, we need more competent art teachers, which we don't have because we put incompetents in charge of the future artists
>>
>>2986555
guess my trips prove I am right
>>
>>2986555
Yeah. The problem is all the bad art students that left art school and cant get an art job work as teachers.
>>
>>2986563
so you saying, we need even more good artists to saturate the market and make the overfill to go into teaching?

sounds like a plan
>>
>>2986555
we have to reduce the amount of art schools in general to force people into having tests. As it currently stands every college has their art division and the spreading of talent kills of any prospect of intra-class competition. The type of stuff people have at FZD when the guy to your left and the girl to your right both have a drive and moderate skills.

Art schools are also chosen by the local administration and there's no quality check for the teachers either. The bar is set by the normie principal/adminstration.

Honestly, there's a big problem with how we teach people to draw from 7 upward too. In 12 years of schooling i was not once told by a teacher that drawing is something you learn.
>>
>>2986573
>In 12 years of schooling i was not once told by a teacher that drawing is something you learn.
indeed, there is too much focus on expressing yourself, without no basic skill prior

look at writing, almost everybody knows to do it, and nobody is expected to learn to write before they even dream about becoming a writer. Which btw, takes just as much reading and writing to get proficient at, as with drawing and studying other artists and looking around you.

before you write a book, you first find what kind of book you like by reading, and before you read, you learn to write. And between reading and writing, there is trying to describe into words what you are seeing, with the skills you learned from reading other authors.

The same mentality I try to push for drawing too. you first learn to draw, then consume the art of artists you like, and just then you try to draw what you see around you in their style.

Artists need just as much time as writer need before they can expect themself to make art of the consumer, and normies should be expected to be able to do basic drawings, just as they are expected in any job to be able to read and write. Because drawing is another way of communicating ideas, with those around you and yourself. If you can draw your ideas, you can show your colleges how to fix a job relate problem, or even help yourself to come up witha solution.

And let's not forget the need for labor work drops by generation as robots are introduced into low intellectual jobs, and the need for problem-solving jobs where you are required to think, is increasing inverse proportionally.
>>
>>2986578
>nobody is expected to learn to write before they even dream about becoming a writer.
ofcourse meant to say

nobody is expected to become a writer, without even being able to read
>>
>>2986578
PS: I consider kjg the best of example of ''writer'' artist up to date
>>
File: vfight4.jpg (133KB, 668x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vfight4.jpg
133KB, 668x1000px
>>2986578
and some late eye candy because you can't edit post
>>
>>2984182

MORE LIKE

BELONGS IN THE TRASH
>>
>>2986614
you know what to do OP, you are the cleaner after all

dubs and you deliver
>>
>>2986618
Rolling for this
>>
>>2984240
>Lately I've been wanting to create something more than ever before. Drawing, design, writing, directing, anything creative. I'm trying to decide what to do with my life and my life always comes back to art in some way.
Are you me?
Anyway, when you say cleaner you mean a custodian? I used to be one for various different places. It was a BSC(Building Service Contractor), most of the time I was cleaning golf clubs, or hematology buildings.
>>
>>2984344
the goodies you find as a cleaner are nice.
found 200 dollar pair of sunglasses i sniped.
>>
>>2984155
why do people think painting faces is worthwhile art?
we have cameras for that
>>
>>2984281
fuck labour man, I'm an 18 year old liberal weed smoker and im not voting for those pack of monkeys
>>
>>2984281
I hope this isn't any further than high school
>>
File: 1493582571749.jpg (36KB, 640x586px) Image search: [Google]
1493582571749.jpg
36KB, 640x586px
>>2984281
>when Labour win the election
>>
post more art
>>
>>2986680
something something selfie culture
>>
>>2986717
That's what happens to your head when you spend all your time around art students.
>>
>>2986871
what a dumb post
>>
>>2986622
Awww shit.
>>
>>2986618
rolling too
>>
>>2986891
thanks i tried
>>
>>2984155
post more pictures of the school
>>
>>2987966
oh shit
>>
>>2986622
>>2987966
DO IT FAGGOT
>>
File: pixlr_20170521155101227.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20170521155101227.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>2984242
Actually, I can confirm what this anon is saying. I went to art school for two years and everyone else fucking sucked, and was in it, more for the social aspect and to have something to do, than to git gud. We used to be able to stay after class for a couple hours to keep working on stuff, I and I was the only one from my class that did. In fact, I made better friends with my upper classmen, than my classmates, as they too took stuff a bit more seriously, and stayed behind to work.

After my second term, I dropped out and did self study, as my classmates were legitimately holding me back. They teacher was always more focused on getting everyone to a bare minimum level, than on maxing out our potential with hard work. Hell, half the class was literally us having to stand around him for 1 hour and watching him paint so we could "soak up stuff."

It was a miserable waste of time.

That was 4 years ago, anyway, some of us followed each other on IG, and here's some of the most recent work of one of the girls (she became a feminist btw). This is after FOUR YEARS of paid study. $400 a month.

I actually just learned too that she unfollowed me on IG, musta been out of the sheer jealousy of seeing my progress as I worked my ass off while she wasted her time and money.

4 years!

I'll be posting other people's work in a bit.
>>
File: pixlr_20170521160505315.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20170521160505315.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>2988161
Here's another classmate's work. She actually got COMMISSIONED for the green shit in the middle.
>>
File: pixlr_20170521160720485.jpg (2MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20170521160720485.jpg
2MB, 2048x2048px
>>2988174
Final one, this one is at least halfway decent compared to the other two, and expos her shit from time to time. Still, when you remember, FOUR YEARS OF ART SCHOOL.

I hope this renews some faith in some of you, just bust your ass and work hard. You'll at least be better than these people. And some of these people are actually making bank on their shit. So remember that.
>>
>>2988176
>>2988174
>>2988161
do you have their skill level at the start of art school? i mean god damn
>>
>>2988176
bottom left is disgusting
>>
>>2984365
that's pretty cool you should finish it.
>>
I miss art school.
>>
File: image.jpg (278KB, 900x1349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
278KB, 900x1349px
>>2988174
Why isn't she using a Derwent waterbrush?
>>
>>2988174
Looks better than most art on here.
>>
>>2989951
stop browsing /beg/ then
>>
>>2989480
Probably a vegan.
>>
File: Bravo Company.png (542KB, 1064x836px) Image search: [Google]
Bravo Company.png
542KB, 1064x836px
zach efron is all alone
on the beach by himself no one around to judge and you just KNOW hes hungry for that man pussy

what would you do
Fuh-duh-dick?
>>
Do you ever wish you were an art student yourself?
>>
>>2990130
Everywhere here is bad art.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 768x983px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 768x983px
>Give this woman the ten thousand dollars!
I wonder if she browses /ic/?
>>
>>2994743
Who is she?
>>
Do the students suck?
>>
Is OP still here?
>>
I think OP was being hishonest.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.