[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to overcome inferiority complex

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: help.jpg (99KB, 485x521px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
99KB, 485x521px
> Have a decent amount of followers
> Decent art I guess, people like them at least
> Gets art reposted on other sites that I don't care for or have an account on (with permission)
> Gets regularly asked if I do commissions

My problem is the commissions part. I don't do commissions because I don't have confidence in my stuff. I'm so afraid I'll fuck it up somehow. But I really want to do commissions since earning more monies is always good.

I've tried getting opinions in the past anonymously if people would pay for my shit and all of the response has been positive. So I don't understand why I feel or think this way.

Is there a way to have a more positive mindset? Thanks for any advice.
>>
>>2984055
you must be good then, post work
>>
>>2984055
Sounds like imposter syndrome. Maybe try charging small amounts of money or doing commissions for free until you get more comfortable.
>>
How would you know if you don't try?
Open up commisions, a few spots. Make sure to note it's the first time you're doing this kind of thing. If stress wins over close it. But at least give it a try, especially if so many people are interested in it, you might be losing money by waiting here.
>>
>>2984056
Sorry anon, I don't want to break my anonymity.

>>2984066
> imposter syndrome

That does sound a lot like what I'm feeling right now. Free commissions sounds like doing requests. I've been doing that ever since and that's why I know for certain I can fulfill commissions. But when money's already involved I feel like I'd fuck it up

It doesn't help that from several commissions thread I've read from the POV of the commissioners, a lot of them have negative experiences with the artists they commission.

>>2984069
Thanks for the advice. I'm really trying my best. What's funny is I already have everything prepared, the paypal account, an email address strictly for business, the actual announcement post with the rates and samples. It's been prepared for the past 3 months and I'm still so anxious about actually posting it.

I think there's something wrong with me.
>>
>>2984078
Just fucking do it mang.
>>
File: 1492565997907.jpg (48KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492565997907.jpg
48KB, 960x960px
>>2984055

I'm on the exact same boat as you, literally. Making a open commission pool announcement might help, you'll never know unless you actually try.

Frankly, I love it here. But I rather not tie my work directly to whatever strain of culture this site has divulged. As a hint or a joke ok maybe, I don't want to be on a /ourguy/ thread. Although I've met some cool ass people on here, hell nah. I literally come here for laughs and top tier shitposts to be honest.
>>
>>2984097

Also to add and exclude all possible negative marks from notgonnamakeitfags, just make it as a normal post. Why be anxious about people privately contacting you about a commission inquiry? You're offering the public to have access to a peice of you, if they already like your stuff, you should already be on course. Take this from someone who's actually sold artwork. It gets easier once you cross that threshold.

I'm really curious to see your stuff now. I wish you luck friend.
>>
>>2984055
i would like to see your work.
Post a quick sketch you just drew up that you have no plans on uploading it anywhere else but here.If not then its all good.
I've seen artists who don't have any skills but they managed to get commissions.by "i'll fuck it up" do you mean they'll ask for a refund or that the drawing won't come out the way you want it to for this person?
>>
Because you're a beta wimp.
Is it your nature, or are you going to be a man?
>>
>>2984078
>Sorry anon, I don't want to break my anonymity.

Post something that didn't go online.
>>
you're afraid of messing up, which shows that you care, but you'll never move forward if you're afraid of making mistakes. just be aware that you'll mess up and remember to use that experience in order to improve
>>
File: 1439871406654.jpg (104KB, 560x370px) Image search: [Google]
1439871406654.jpg
104KB, 560x370px
>>2984055

I was the same
>"But what if I have mistakes?"
>"This drawing looks worse than my previous ones..."
>"What idiot would pay for this?"
>"I can't accept money for this quality."

But let me ask you this, have YOU ever bought a commission?
It's hard to feel like things have value if you don't pay for them. Since there is an unlimited amount of free content in the Internet, it seems stupid to buy it.

Read this, specifically the "Buy Art" section:
https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2011/10/how-to-make-money-from-your-art/

Buy a commission from someone, even if you could draw it yourself.
When you hand your money and get something back, you'll realize that getting paid is natural. You'll understand the true value of your time. It will also cure from the fear of making mistakes since you'll think "Hey, I could fix this myself".

It's not good to be only a producer and not a consumer. If you're in an industry, you need to buy and consume. That keeps you sane. Imagine a burger restaurant run by a vegan, or if nobody at Apple used iPhones. They would do all kind of stupid decisions. Like those videogame developers who try to make games more cinematic, because they don't actually play games themselves.

I'm getting offtrack, but the point is that you want to feel like you deserve to get paid, you should pay someone else to get a feel for the value exchange.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.