[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Art block

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1493559766463.jpg (23KB, 552x369px) Image search: [Google]
1493559766463.jpg
23KB, 552x369px
How do you guy deal with art block? i'm having one right now and just feel like shit, don't want to do anything.
>>
Just force yourself to do some reference stuff. Copy other artists for example.
>>
File: 1488075576624.jpg (286KB, 850x1259px)
1488075576624.jpg
286KB, 850x1259px
>>2983832
I was like this cuz my life's gone to shit but i recently i got my shit together.
You need to enter "the zone" when drawing, when drawing feels like breathing and you're totally concentrated on it.
I'm drawing my hands and interesting objects in different postions, i'm trying to get a grasp of how hands work and move.
But the key is CONCENTRATION.
It sounds obvious but also drink water regularly and eat if you have money to.
>>
Stop eating junkfood. Definitely works for me. Eat some avocado with olive oil on breakfast and drink only cold pressed juice all day and you will see
>>
>>2983840
I mean drink only cold pressed juice and water obviously. But no soda etc
>>
stop wanking and exercise
>>
>>2983834
this is the real answer. just keep going it goes away.
>>
>>2983832

I don't believe in art block. Just study or make fan art. Just as long as you're doing something. I'm an unemployed depressed alcoholic but I still manage to paint about 10h. a day. It ain't easy but you just have to do it...
>>
>>2983878
But if you don't eat properly it doesn't go away.
>>
>>2983884
How long are you unemployed? Post your work if yo have something lots fantasy related. I may have some work for you, if really giving to it 10h a day, you should be good enough for the job
>>
>>2983897
*lotr
>>
>>2983897
>>2983898

About a year. I haven't been doing this 10h./day thing for more than 4 months now. Had a job interview on Monday. Hope I get the job. Here are some spooky scary things I've done recently. Nothing really LOTR related but I could probably paint some orcs and muscular heroes and shit. The third one is just a viewport grab from a Zbrush sculpt. I'm also getting into that stuff now. Fun shit!
>>
File: Ho-ho-ho.jpg (1MB, 2600x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Ho-ho-ho.jpg
1MB, 2600x1090px
>>2983913

Forgot the file...
>>
>>2983832
I don't have art blocks, at least not anymore.

The key is to recognize when it starts to creep upon you.
It starts with one bad drawing, then you do another to fix it and it's even worse. You go into this spiral of producing bad work until you start doubting yourself, so you give up, which makes it even harder to get back on track.

The solution is at the first step, where you do the second bad drawing and get frustrated. Realize that you're getting frustrated and pull back a bit, and do something that doesn't require any creativity, something that you can't mess up. Not messing up will give you confidence and shatter that self-doubt, so keep doing it until you are ready to go back to what you were doing originally.
Some of these un-messable non-creative lifesavers include line quality exercises, perspective drills, life drawing, anatomy studies, color studies etc.
>>
>>2983917
Very cool. Always nice to see someone on here whose actually good.
>>
>>2984051
Thanks man! I'm mediocre at best... If I was really good I wouldn't be unemployed... Mehh. Drawing is fucking hard!
>>
>>2983832
to be honest, you should just force yourself to draw something, like just anything, and as soon as your brain starts thinking along those lines, you just draw away. At least thats how i feel and also have heard from other artists.
>>
>>2983913
>>2983917

Very nice, but I have already found an artist. It was just one commission for 150 usd anyway.

If you want a job you should invest more time into the networking instead of drawing and filling your personal portfolio. You already have solid skills to get a job.

Good luck!
>>
>>2984132
Thanks anyway. I'm pretty well networked allready. Used to ework for a production company. Just try to be super nice to everybody and stuff like that... Hope it pays off.
>>
>>2984157
So you are not actually unemployed. How much do you make monthly from freelancing?
>>
I start drawing shitty doodles, whether from a reference or from imagination. If you don't feel the pressure to make good art, it's easier to pick up a pencil and start drawing.

P.S. Am I autistic for laughing at the OP's picture?
>>
>>2984283

I am unemployed. Whaddoya mean? I do make some UI design every now and then but i am pretty much unemployed. Nothing that had to do with painting.
>>
>>2983832
I have forced myself to accept that I get artist blocks when I have spent all the "fuel" I had from the last time I got super inspired.

When that happens I take a break from art and don't think about it and spend more time soaking up more things that would inspire me, reading new books, watching new movies, new comics, comic cons, conventions, video games, etc. key word being "new", it's easier to find inspiration that way.

Also when I'm in this frame of mind, I accept that I need to feed my brain more energy for inspiration and the guilt of not doing art goes away since in a way I'm working towards doing more art.
>>
>>2984489
>Also when I'm in this frame of mind, I accept that I need to feed my brain more energy for inspiration and the guilt of not doing art goes away since in a way I'm working towards doing more art.
I've never thought about it like that. Thanks for that anon, usually just playing a new game or watching a movie when I'm not in the right mood to paint makes me feel so guilty it eats away at me.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.