[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fundamentals and Anime/Manga? Image is not my work

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

I've been trying to think about what makes an artist "well rounded" to identify skills that I need to learn as an aspiring Illustrator/Concept Artist. This all started from an observation I made about Anime/Manga, in that, when I was younger I used to want to draw Anime/Manga all the time and it would be all I drew. However now I look at most Anime/Manga and see certain fundamentals and aspects of drawing focused on and exaggerated and other aspects either ignored or toned down (This isn't exclusive to Anime/Manga, American Comics do it tool). I know all Anime/Manga doesn't focus on some aspects of drawing due to either of these two things: A. It would cost (or take too much time) to traditionally animate that shit for a TV series, or B. The creator picked certain aspects of drawing and developed a style with it. Some Anime/Manga is more "realistic" or makes more use of fundamentals and some is more stylized. I dropped drawing Anime completely a year ago, because as I learned more, the less I thought drawing Anime/Manga would be helpful to my practice. Don't get me wrong if you like drawing Anime/Manga go for it, But I beg you please either incorporate fundamentals with it or learn fundamentals first. Eventually when I think I'm better at drawing I'll endulge in drawing Anime but right now I'll gladly except that I'm bad and I want the most optimal road to my own improvement.

After doing some thinking I came up with a list of as many Fundamentals/Aspects of drawing as I could think of.
- Perspective
- Composition
- Silhouette/Contour
- Inner Contour
- Cross Contour
- Value Scaling
- Shading
- Technical Drawing
- Gesture
- Anatomy
- Light and Shadow
- Design
- Color Picking
- Color Theory
- Coloring

I'm not sure if this list is complete please add to it, I'd love to hear your opinion on this topic, this is my experience share yours /ic/.

tl;dr? Put down the hentai and become a fundiesfag or you're never gonna make it....jk
I wish you guys best of luck!
>>
File: 1494549677019.jpg (970KB, 1600x2238px) Image search: [Google]
1494549677019.jpg
970KB, 1600x2238px
>>2983828
You literally listed everything.
Whatever, in my opinion these things are necessary to make something look good:
>proportions
>perspective
>sense of depth
>composition

Regarding to rendering:
>hard shadows
>understanding contour

By what i've seen manga drawing is "stylized proportions+construction+anime face"
It can look really cool if you don't just paste the anime face on head but integrate it on the anatomy of the head.

I'm a shitter but i'm intending to make a hentai doujin but my first two walls are proportion and perspective.
I'm trying to draw as many hands legs and feet i can because i don't have any other reference than my own body.

Another key on anime/manga drawing is that i've noticed is that lacks of the "ugly features of human body" like cellulite in fat bodies, the teeth, the way the hair behaves in real life, the feet and hands looking rough.
>>
>>2983849
can i get a sauce on that image....cus....MUH DICK!!!
>>
File: so thicc it hurts.png (114KB, 608x1220px) Image search: [Google]
so thicc it hurts.png
114KB, 608x1220px
>>2983879
Hamada yoshikazu pixiv
>>
>>2983886
thanks anon!
>>
>>2983849
>>2983886
hnnnggg!!
>>
The primary ones are basic form, proportions, perspective, lighting/shading, coloring, and gesture.
Coloring can be dropped and replaced with just values but I'm including them both there.

Everything else will of course make things look better, but these are the minimum to make things look right. Even anatomy isn't all that important as long as you get proportions and forms correct.
>>
laughing my ass off at anyone who thinks the drawings posted in this thread are good
>>
File: smug.jpg (3KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
3KB, 160x90px
>>2984275
i sincerely doubt you can produce work like Yoshikadu that was posted before
>>
>>2984275
Post your delicious women.
>>
File: 1482598941814.jpg (311KB, 1075x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1482598941814.jpg
311KB, 1075x1434px
>>2984275
>>
>>2984275
t. triggered fine arts student

>muh anatomy, t-that hip is slightly off based on the live model I was last drawing
>>
>>2984275
you are salty enough to have been harvested from kessel
>>
>>2983828
Inking, Hatching, Linework, and Stylization are also very important for Comics/Manga.

In fact, Style is MORE important for comics/manga than anything else. Thus, learn a bit of graphic design/design theory.
>>
>>2985976
Oh yes, I forgot. Panneling, Storyboarding, Flow, and Visual Storytelling. Learn a bit of Cinematography too.
>>
File: samura.jpg (658KB, 1338x2283px) Image search: [Google]
samura.jpg
658KB, 1338x2283px
>>
>>2986004
Is this yours? if so do you have a blog or an image sharing website account
>>
>>2987859
its by hiroaki samura , probably in his brute love book. its on sad panda .
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.