[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

we /fit/ now

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: UslLZzO.png (451KB, 726x597px) Image search: [Google]
UslLZzO.png
451KB, 726x597px
>want to learn superior japanese practice method
>"I just draw 100 squares, 100 circles and 100 quads as a warm up."
Seriously though what is the superior practice method?
>>
Stay curious, learn how to see your art with a critical eye, never stop reading or studying about the subject. Always put your knowledge and self-critique into practice.
>>
stop making shit threads and use your brain, there's a sticky with all relevant info for a reason

fucking hate you idiots shitting up this board - you are never going to even make anything of art in the first place
>>
>10 figures
>10 faces
>10 landscapes
>10 materials
EVERYDAY
>>
idk
>>
>>2983576

Pretty much. The best practice is putting your ideas as best as possible on paper, evaluating the result and fixing mistakes. I guess grinding primitives is fine if you're a beginner, but why not do gestures or thumbnails for the piece you want to do instead? That way your warm up contributes to your finished work instead of just getting you in the mood to draw.
>>
File: image.jpg (237KB, 900x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 900x825px
>>2983551
>>
>>2983610
> art of manliness
> more like art of nu-manliness
>>
>>2983631
I can already see the hipsters in Williamsburg walking around in their tunics
>>
File: 1462825423642.jpg (112KB, 999x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1462825423642.jpg
112KB, 999x1351px
Art is more like science than it is sport
Both require lots of hardwork to get good in them but the type of hard work is different.

In sport/lifting you are training your body which doesn't think, your muscles grow through putting them through physical labour that force them to grow stronger.

In art you are training your mind. Physically drawing something like 100 squares a day isn't taxing your mind and as such it will not grow stronger through that.
You have to do what's mentally difficult that will force your mind to become sharper.
If you want to get better at drawing anatomy you have to look at your currenty anatomy skills critically, point out what you don't understand and then study the correct way of doing them in a way that you will learn it.

Frankly, it's harder than working out
>>
>>2983610
OR, you could just wear pants underneath...we all do...Muslims I mean.
>>
>>2984003
Oh please, don't say this...the thobe (or tunic) is already a hipster fashion in the UK from what I've been told...
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 852x480px
>>2984083
It's just a balancing act anon. Pick a training method and stick with it.
>>
>>2984144
is this pic a jojo's reference ?
>>
>>2984089
No those are just Muslims
>>
>>2984083
stop overthinking this shit. for christ's sake
>>
>>2984282
But he's right.
>>
>>2983551
Having a project.

If you just make studies every day because you have to, you're not going to improve as much as if you were doing it for the sake of a project.

Say if I have a comic project with lots of swordplay and horses my daily practice will be aimed at solving the problems I encounter along the way. I know I need to draw better horses, better anatomy of the arms, hands grasping weapons, and so on. I can grind that stuff and feel rewarded at the end of the day because that knowledge is actually useful to me, and I'm not drawing random things for no reason other than "visual vocabulary". If you were to draw a WWII comic you'd have to learn how to draw WWII militaria, vehicles and aircraft, explosions and so on. All of these things, in their limited scope, pose a variety of problems that make you a better artist. In the end, light is light, color is color, drawing is drawing.

It's a fact that purpose-driven learning happens much faster.
>>
File: 1456694605543.jpg (57KB, 464x261px) Image search: [Google]
1456694605543.jpg
57KB, 464x261px
>>2983610

Nothing manlier than Islam, to be honest. Allahu akbar, we shall conquer the world, In'shallah.
>>
The asians are very into rote learning. Copy your favorite manga front to back and you will learn a lot. There is no shame in copying
>>
Draw for enjoyment.

If you like the rewards of grinding and enjoy the process, you'll do it. If you prefer doodling ornamental design you'll do it. What your brain really gets off on will make itself apparent through the course of your life.
>>
>>2984266
lol No, I was told non-Muslim teens are into it...
>>
>>2986465
Fuck off mudslime
>>
File: 1493643121014.gif (790KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1493643121014.gif
790KB, 375x304px
>>2984089
UK? you mean pakistan
>>
>>2986465
Insha'Allah
>>
>>2984430
This
>>
>>2984083
>implying working out is LOL GRIND
someone is a skinnyfat loser
>>
>>2984083
Please watch this and notice where you were wrong because you basically explained it as physical exercise rather than science as you say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2O6mQkFiiw
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.