[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I CANT DO IT I CANT FUCKING DRAW AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I THINK I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170513_212856_214.jpg (86KB, 745x910px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170513_212856_214.jpg
86KB, 745x910px
I CANT DO IT I CANT FUCKING DRAW AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

I THINK I DRAW SOMETHING OKAY BUT THEN NOBODY LIKES IT AND THEN I REALIZE ITS SHIT AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL MYSELF
IM TOO OLD TO BE THIS BAD DRAWING IS ALMOST LITERALLY ALL I HAVE IN LIFE FUCKING FUCK MAN
>>
>>2983248
Ah, the beautiful shrieks of a Not Gonna Make Iter.
>>
>>2983248
That's not bad at all. If you were trying to be realistic just call your art a caricature, bam. This is an actual style of drawing, you're not shit.
>>
>>2983248
hello, existential crisis. I feel you senpai
>>
>>2983248
I like it, nice caricature.
>>
>>2983251
It is a caricature but ITS SHIT IM SHIT

>>2983249
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2983248
How old?
Atleast you're not 30 and then you feel good about something then you start realizing that it looks like an autistic teenager drew it. Then you realize you're a sligtly self aware Chris Chan.
>>
>>2983267
Old enough friend
I totally get this, im not interested in drawing pretty girls or normie shit so i get hesitant "oh, thats nice" when i show them my actual art
Feels bad man
>>
File: zdaqsdz.jpg (206KB, 745x910px) Image search: [Google]
zdaqsdz.jpg
206KB, 745x910px
>>2983248
I think that no matter the caricature, the eyes/nose should be as similar as possible to the original, or exagerated as precisely as possible. Also, features that instantly pop out when you look at his face should be exagerated. For instance, jim carrey is known for his smile yes, so the big teeth is fine. But what goes with his smile is his really pronounced wrinkles at the side and his dot things on the cheeks, don't know what they're called in english. so those things are absolutely essential to do/exagerate.

tried changing a few things, just my 2 cents.
>>
>>2983248
Rendering is good but you are exaggerating the wrong things because it doesn't look like the guy. Experiment first with caricaturing the overall shape of his head.
>>
>>2983248
Why did you choose to emphasize his mouth? If anything he has a fucking solar panel for a forehead... Why didn't you do something with that? Did you take a moment to look at your subject anon or did you just flail your pen around in hopes you hit gold?
>>
>>2985113
Because I'm fucking assburgers and have trouble reading faces
>>
>>2983248
That's not bad man, if it's yours. I recognized him immediately. Don't draw for others, do it for yourself. Enjoy the times people respond to it but don't ever expect anything from anyone. In time, if you keep at it you'll develop a following and you'll get the attention you want. Just keep at it.
>>
>>2985118
Bull fucking shit

You captured his expression just fine so clearly you don't have "trouble reading faces." You just didn't take enough time to analyze your subject.
>>
Ignoring that this is an "ugh I'm so shut (please please please tell me otherwise)", I actually recognized it as Jim Carrey before I saw the reference, so you've at least nailed the likeness enough.
>>
Thats actually really fucking good. I like your style, I wish I could draw as good as you. I feel you, though. I feel the exact same way.
>>
I really fucking hard this style of cartooning people that you see so often. The end results are basically no different from just pulling up a photo of a celebrity in photoshop and using the warp tool for like three minutes.
>>
>>2983248

I never understood the fixation for caricatures, they make me feel uncomfortable to be honest.
>>
File: 1488640809151.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1488640809151.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>2983248
>it's another "anon says his art is shit to get his ass kissed" thread
>>
>>2983267

get out of my head, asshole
>>
>>2983325
op doesn't deserve you
>>
Hello, OP.

If it's any consolation, I immediately knew who you had drawn from the thumbnail, before seeing the... Smaller thumbnail.
>>
>>2986922
It's because most people have no idea what makes a caricature good
9 times out of 10, it ends up looking weird and ugly

Very very few people can make good caricatures and they have to study the face of their subject for a LONG time to get it
It's not just about exaggerating a couple features, draw the rest in a cartoony way and call it day

OP's drawing is trash tier
>>
>>2985113

Carrey's entire thing is his zany facial expressions. There isn't a lot of expressiveness in the forehead (read: forehead, not eyebrows).

I think OP made a good choice.
>>
Its not just taking a picture of someone and drawing it, you need to see the proportions of the parts that you gonna exagerate
>>
Look in Time Magazine and Newsweek. They have caricatures as exaggerated as that,and often weirder looking in presentation. You have a very marketable style. Do some political figures for your portfolio and you'll have a career.
>>
>>2988061
heh, as long as he took the criticism and understood what was wrong with his thing then it's all good. If he didn't, then it's his own fault.
>>
>>2983248
Technique is okay. Now bring in more emotion. Be more expressive.

Generic celeb caricature makes me feel nothing.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.