[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Thoughts?
>>
>>2983195
Seems like youre virtue signalling and dont need to write this garbage down, also these notes will set you up to never improve but feel good about everything you make
>>
>>2983195
>who cares?
>it's okay if you drew a weird looking foot
No, it's not. If I'm not good at something I get mad and hate it and myself
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 800x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 800x720px
>>2983195
I find I do have to absorb reference photos or engage with an environment before drawing it. It's also true that you need to exaggerate in order to create liveable spaces.

As for redlining anime girls... We're only human beings.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 700x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 700x488px
There's an interesting balance between that internal self-censorship which prevents you from drawing certain things in your reference folder, and that other voice which tells you to complete and flesh out a sketch that you've done. I always ask myself who is going to see the sketchbook, since I've drawn things that've left people around me horrified.
>>
File: 1494925894718.jpg (1MB, 2000x981px) Image search: [Google]
1494925894718.jpg
1MB, 2000x981px
>>2983195
If you're going to post that shit at least post the full thing.

(pic related)
>>
>>2983195
>stop helping others to draw, that's stupid; you're stupid
>stop putting effort into drawing, nobody cares
>hell, just stop drawing entirely
Brilliant.
>>
>>2983195
1. realism may not be the end all, be all of art, but its certainly a hard skill to acquire, it shows the ability of a person who has dedication to their craft. if you think real life looks like a bad drawing, something may be seriously wrong with your brain. a drawing only has to convey the idea of realism. it does not need to be "more human, than human" to look like real life. if you cant convey realism in a drawing, then you cant draw realistically. redlining is often crap on /ic/ and everybody knows it, dont get so emotional over something so trivial.

2. hard work is important in order to learn something. being dedicated and observant is key to see how things work, even if youre tired or dont feel like it. forcing yourself to do things is good, but not in every situation. try, try, and try again. nobody ever won a marathon by not training for 3 months. thats what this is, a marathon, a life long marathon and if you have high standards then only a good work ethic and the ability to work smart to work harder, to work smarter, to work harder will get you to the finish line.

2b. "draw what you like." yeah, thats kind of a given, but will also pigeon hole your abilities when/if you choose to branch out, its better to have a little knowledge of anatomy, lighting, color theory, etc... it will also help with what "you" want out of art. drawing everyday is something only people who want to draw will try and do. otherwise it wouldnt be a mantra. _____ everyday is how you get good at anything. joy is not a tool, its a feeling. joy is not a skill, its a feeling.

3. if you dont care about it, why do it? if you dont care that your foot looks like a proko kangaroo, you dont deserve to be a good artist. being good at anything is not a right, its not a privilege, its not an entitlement, its a learned skill that takes time, patience and elbow grease. the inevitability of death should be a motivator, because you may not get where you want before you die.
>>
>>2983243
Who wrote this garbage?
>>
>>2985749
Dunno
>>
>>2983195
very very cute, the 'you're 17' part is just the kawaiiest.
>>
>>2983238
>I always ask myself who is going to see the sketchbook

You're supposed to have two sketchbooks, one is your Death Note and nobody must ever see it or you'll suffer a heart attack, the other one contains all the "oh it's just a quick sketch" you've done in 4 hours each and you pass it around to impress the pleb.
>>
>>2983195
>Thoughts?

It's angsty. It mostly just give an insight into your own griefs and personal encounters. Stop trying to make up universal rules for stuff that is so subjective.

The only rule you need is: Whatever works.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.