[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Action Figures for Drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

Has anyone used action figures to practice drawing people? Are they worth it? I'm thinking about getting the ones in the pic, but I want to draw realistic people and the girl looks too anime IMO (head too big, waist too tiny, etc). I'd really appreciate recommendations if you have any.
>>
>>2983136
there both pretty shit anatomically. if you want to draw realistic people, start drawing real life people in real life or from pictures.
>>
they are ok for getting some poses (they cant bend certain ways you might want them to)
but anatomically they arent that great. i have a few tho. i used them for like a few days, i never use them now.
>>
>>2983163
I draw from pictures, but I know that drawing from real life is more effective, and I'm too much of a chicken shit to go to figure drawing classes where everybody will probably be better than me, hence why I wanted to get the figures. Will just have to suck it up and do the classes then, I guess.
>>
Just got the Next She on ebay. It should never be used for anatomical reference but It's decent for entry-level foreshortening help and basic poses but as >>2983169 said the extremity of the poses aren't exactly gymnast level. If you can get it for cheap (mine was $30) it's a decent pickup but I wouldn't get it on Amazon (~$100 new)
>>
File: figma archetype next.jpg (115KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
figma archetype next.jpg
115KB, 600x800px
I have pic related, they're less anime-ish
I always forget I own them

Like the anon above I used them for a bit, then stopped. They're useful if you just want to do quick poses but if you're aiming for realistic shit they're worthless
>>
>>2983178
>>
>>2983175
yeah, ive been there. its sucks and i still have problems with drawing realistic things because im so anxious and self conscious about my art.

dont be like me anon, your better than that.
>>
>>2983136
>>
>>2983136
unless you are like an animator or you really just want to have very insane anatomic drawing, i honestly dont think its worth it. Practicing to draw people without reference, after you're confident will probly gain you alot more.
>>
>>2983190
>>
File: 1436740390147.jpg (65KB, 585x454px) Image search: [Google]
1436740390147.jpg
65KB, 585x454px
>>2983136
If you don't have access to a 3D model, I'd say they're worth every penny due to the ability to put them in perspective.

You don't get that level of understanding from a photograph.
>>
>>2983178
>>2983180
>>2983190

These look much better than the ones I've found, thank you anons.
>>
About going to an art class:
Nobody who is a decent human being will call you out on your mistakes for the sole purpose of making you feel bad.
If someone does do that, chances are that nobody in that class likes that jerk wad anyway.

So just go OP
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 1920x1200px
>>2983136
Yeah, the Body kun seem alright but the Obitsu lack articulation and detail.
>>
>>2983136
I've got 2 figma and they're both somewhat nice, but they are very limited in their movements, so don't let them carry you too much.
And awful joints quality. They'll break if you only look at them.
>>
>>2983234
>And awful joints quality. They'll break if you only look at them.
You bought a bootleg
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
What do you think about Phicen dolls, anons? I was thinking about getting either #3 or #4 (counting from left to right).
>>
>>2983358
I think they're totally worthless aside from lighting, and even that's a stretch because it's not the same material as a human body.
>>
File: 1314854218941118788.jpg (111KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1314854218941118788.jpg
111KB, 800x1200px
My kind of thread. I'm designing and 3D printing a shitty knock-off of pic related.
>>
>>2983374
fake and gay
https://tay.kinja.com/s-f-b-t-3-figurine-review-1657336203
>>
>>2983390
Can you read?
>I'm designing and 3D printing a shitty knock-off of pic related.
>>
>>2983406
are u retarded? if you post a picture and say pic related then ur insinuating that the picture is the thing you're making. fucking retarded ESLs
>>
>>2983484
Holy shit, not >>2983406 but you are actually dumb as shit. Gas yourself, family man
>>
>>2983484
Are you retarded?
>I'm designing and 3D printing a shitty knock-off *OF* pic related.
It's pretty clear what his post meant.

>u
>you
>ur
>you're
>fucking retarded ESLs
>>
>>2983190
I bought the 1/12 purely for this. I was hoping it would kickstart me into drawing again.
>>
>>2983136
Bought it (female one), opened it, and then never used it. Waste of money.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.