[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Few questions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: scadooble.jpg (172KB, 697x924px) Image search: [Google]
scadooble.jpg
172KB, 697x924px
>Been drawing few weeks now
>All fine and dandy, starting to be able to make something that resembles human
>All until i hit a wall

/ic/ i seem to be completely be unable to draw feet nor face for my characters.
No matter how hard i try, they'll resemble something you'd find on a stick figure.

Also, I've been noticing that all i do is draw the to torso and up. I love to draw like this, but i think it's for the best to try to draw the whole body so i can progress my drawing skills in general.

Any of you guys met the same problem, if you have, how did you overcome it?
>>
>>2982854
You draw those things anyway even if it's frustrating cause that's literally the only way to improve and get over it. Use reference and follow loomis, he has books completely dedicated to teaching these things.
>>
Pray to our Lord and savior Jesus christ that you may draw legs
>>
File: 1453369776856.jpg (572KB, 1200x1512px) Image search: [Google]
1453369776856.jpg
572KB, 1200x1512px
>>2982854
Draw your own feet, take pics of them, or get a gf and ask her.
Bur that's the way and also take a look at feet bones and muscles.
>>
>>2982882
>how to draw
>get a gf

Why do you think we're all learning to draw?
>>
>>2982911
To draw our own perfect gf or do you think 3dpd will care about your shit?
>>
>>2982911
to draw better 2D waifu obviously
>>
File: wweweweweweweweweewwewe.png (163KB, 427x593px) Image search: [Google]
wweweweweweweweweewwewe.png
163KB, 427x593px
you can just get another artist to draw an ugly face for you
>>
Youll never be able to until you do it hundreds of times and work it out, man. Study how the proportions of a face work, and start with the fundementals of learning the way to create a sphere with facial features while accounting for proper perspective. Im bad at explaining in words but think about how all the features of a face would look at whatever angle youre looking at and how they exist in three dimensions. The basis for having good fundementals is mastering depth and the illusion of the third dimension in your art.
>>
File: scadooble.jpg22.jpg (197KB, 697x924px) Image search: [Google]
scadooble.jpg22.jpg
197KB, 697x924px
>>2983577
Like this?
>>
File: drink laugh.gif (1MB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
drink laugh.gif
1MB, 207x207px
>>2983761
>>2983422
>>>/beg/
>>
>>2983877
That's not a board
>>
>>2984480
lol you know what anon meant though. Just go to the beginner thread and re-study the stuff in the sticky like a good boy.
>>
>>2982854
I'm assuming you draw from memory and not use reference to guide you right?

Well, it's obvious you understand how to draw the torso, arms and head.

1) Technical Advice: Use simple shapes: rectangles, for legs, triangle for hips...and then "mold" this by shaping it to your desired look for the drawing.

as for the face, do the same thing. Simplify the features using simple shapes: Oval for eyes, triangle for nose, another oval for lips. And then mold this. How? When you write a letter of an alphabet, you hold your pencil accordingly and use your own hand-eye judgement as to what looks good to you in terms of what you see in an eye, a nose, or lips. If this is hard, take tracing paper and a comic, illustration or pic you like and practice on the side until you get the feel of it.

2) Psychological advice: Don't give a rats ass how perfect it's "suppose" to look. Just make the attempt and expect mistakes. And then do it again until the feeling is etched in your mind.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.