[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 4.jpg (1MB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
1MB, 1000x1250px
I like drawing, as a matter of fact I like drawing so much that I don't think there's anything else I'm really "decent" at other than drawing. And I don't think there's any thing else I want to do. I turned 19 this year and I graduated high school last year. I don't post my art in many places and I lurk on /ic/ sometimes. What do you think? Should I keep pushing? I value straight talk so tell me what you think. (I won't get asshurt, and If I do, call me the out on it.) I need eyes other than my own and other than people I know cause of possible bias. What do I need to work on in your opinion? What are some strengths you see?

I'd like to hear you guys' opinions.
>>
>>2982262

Hey man.

I think you need to work on pretty much everything. It's good that you have passion but you seem to lack pretty much all the fundementals. I'd recommend posting this stuff in the beginner thread or draw thread.

What do you want to with your drawings? Do you want to be an illustrator or an artist? Is this a hobby or do you want to do this for real?
>>
>>2982266

I would like to do this as a career if possible. I'd like to be an Illustrator (concept artist?). My bad on not posting in the beginner thread. That's my fault.

I'm currently reading Scott Robertson's How to Draw and Color and Light by James Gurney.
>>
File: owl.jpg (27KB, 600x488px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
27KB, 600x488px
>>2982284

Well it's great that you're reading that stuff! You might want to look at some Andrew Loomis books as well to get your anatomy down.

If you want to bee a concept artist or illustrator for the gaming/movie industry you really need to learn Photoshop too. Learning 3D would also be a good idea nowadays. It also teaches you a lot about how light works etc.

I can't really say much about your drawing. Sorry. It's really an amateur piece but I can see that you put some thought into it which is good.

You should probably practice really basic stuff before trying to create anything elaborate like a hero character with a landscape in the background.

Also look through the stuff in the /ic/ sticky.
>>
The sticky houses a lot of great information and you can find some great nuggets of information just by browsing /ic/.

As for the picture you posted, >>2982266 pretty much covered it.
>>
wow, there's nice people with advice
>>
I suggest you read keys to drawing by bert dodson, for me is probably the best book for beginners.
good luck my dood
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.