[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into storyboarding, should I go to art school?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: boardsample1.jpg (136KB, 701x400px) Image search: [Google]
boardsample1.jpg
136KB, 701x400px
I want to get into storyboarding, should I go to art school?
>>
File: ARB.jpg (4MB, 3262x4982px) Image search: [Google]
ARB.jpg
4MB, 3262x4982px
>>2980715
Pretty much your best bet to become a storyboard artist is through the Calarts nepotism pipeline, however that comes with a hefty price tag of no less than $45,000 a year without a scholarship.

If you want the practical skills of a storyboard artist and a good chance at securing a scholarship at a place like Calarts as a consequence then in the meantime I'd recommend subscribing to the AMB animation channel on youtube or through his website (ambanimation.com) and maybe looking up other similar youtubers from the animation thread for an incredibly cheap education that's easily the equal of what you'd get at a place like Calarts (where they've apparently forgotten what form is over the course of the past decade or so).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXKYiqxpLg
>>
>>2980715
Just learn to draw cartoons on your own, they just teach figure drawing garbage that is nearly useless for animation. You won't learn how to draw cartoons in school.
>>
>>2980789
Do you speak from experience? Are you a board artist?
>>
Go on fiver, draw people's children, make some money, learn some stories
>>
>>2980715
If I was you I would make animatics for youtube until someone from the industry noticed me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiZRuOxiCGw
>>
File: boop.jpg (87KB, 1073x821px) Image search: [Google]
boop.jpg
87KB, 1073x821px
>>2980801
Absolutely not. I got into drawing too late in life and won't be at a level to where I could be considered remotely employable in some time, if ever. I am however an artist that's improved substantially over the past few years having gone from stick figures to drawing like a 13 year old girl in short order thanks to these kinds of resources.

That said, I feel that this time I've spent encouraging younger people that actually might have potential unlike myself to try and find their own way (and often avoid an incredible debt burden in the process) is well worth it and I get great satisfaction of exposing these places. The data is there as are the anecdotes to support it: in most cases, art school simply isn't where it needs to be as far as both cost and quality goes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.