[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wacom vs N-trig vs Bamboo

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170128_015916.jpg (156KB, 1085x691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170128_015916.jpg
156KB, 1085x691px
Hello D/ic/ks
I've got a Surface pro 3, and have been using it for a week now, while my desktop is a powerhorse with a Cintiq 24HD. I've also got a Note 10.1 with the Bamboo Feel pen, which I gave to my GF.

Here's the general difference in the units, technology and convenience in general

Cintiq 24hd released end of 2011.
The bad:
- Pen calibration is shit, even after calibrating with the Cintiq software, the pointer is still way off.
- I'm at 100% scalling, and I still face issues with shit calibration around the edges.
- 92% color gamut, with somewhat grainy 1920x1200 resolution (Keep in mind it's a 24 inch display, pixels are visible from pretty far.
- Expensive. ateast I've got it for cheap a year ago, second hand for 800 euro. (Last known price 2200 euro)
The good:
-As soon as you touch the screen it draws, no need to really apply pressure.
-Fucking wide as fuck, this thing can be used to sleep on if you place it on the right angle
-It has fans that sound as loud as your PC, wtf :^)
-Pretty good colors for something done by wacom back in 2012. Still better than most displays on the market today.
-Pen in the middle is pretty acurate, and that's where you'll draw mostly, also no lag (well that's if your PC is good)
-Has pen tilt, a feature I've never been really interested personally, but hey, atleast it has it.
-The wide screen and the fact you can place it in your lap tilting the stand and screen, makes it very comfortable, you basically can lean on it, as it's basically a workstation.
-Has Expresskeys, bunch of buttons on both sides. The Touch ring is the best thing ever, very intuitive for zooming, changing brush parameters, etc. Although I've never used the buttons on the right, but guess these are for lefties. Still sucks they stay unused.
>>
urface Pro 3, Released June 20, 2014 - Made usable 2015 after numerous updates. Got it by bying Surface pro 2 out of warranty for 250 euro, and exchanging it through their support for a Pro 3 as the battery was bad, still not sure why they did that.
The bad:
- BIGGEST MINUS - needs gentle push to start drawing, this might require getting used to, if coming from a cintiq
- Pointer lags, that can be distracting, I actually disabled mine completely.
- Unit gets pretty hot and depending on usage can go dry in about 3 hours.
- I'm deaf so loudness of fans don't bother me, but gf says they're loud.
- Styli is heavy, as it has a battery inside, actually makes my manlet hand hurt after an hour of use, and I actually lift.
-Type Keyboard is shit, can't get used to it, as there's no spacing between buttons, trackpad is small. (using Razer orochi instead)
The good:
- Pointer when touching the screen is pinpoint precise, no matter where, no lag when drawing, ink flows from the pen tip it's almost surreal.
-Screen is amazing, 97 Adobe color gamut, 2k screen on a 12 inch device, colors are calibrated when coming from factory. A bit on the blue side if you ask me, might be because my Cintiq is bleeding red.
- i5 Haswell Processor with integrated gpu, photoshop flies even on large canvas, can even pay LoL on ultra, and HotS on low with 50+ fps.
- When browsing or doing light drawing battery lasts around 6 hours.
>>
Note 10.1 review comming soon as I've gotta do some stuff
>>
Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition. Got it second hand back in 2015, for around 270 euro. And yes, I hate bying tech at full price.
The bad:
-Almost all anroid apps lag, not sure why, it has Exynos 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore) rated at quad 2.3ghz, but i guess that's memehz as it's lagging like shit
-Limited to android, this is the biggest con.
-Pen is tiny and uncomfortable, ended up buying a Bamboo Feel pen.
-Lag.
-Fucking lags like shit.
-Only good for sketching on low resolution canvas.
-Shit color gamut as it's using Samsung's tech, which cares more for oversaturated colors.
The good:
-It has a great 10.1-inch 2560x1600 screen which for multimedia looks great
-Wacom pen, great for drawing, when it does not lag due to processing it's good. Has 1000 pressure levels but honestly as I ink more than paint, I can't see difference between all three devices. I ended up buying the surface pro 3 only because I end up working at work on spare time, and I don't want android software limtiations.
-Very light, 600g compared to the Surface pro 3 which is 800g
-Ultimate shitposting machine, great for playing stupid app games and wasting your life
>>
So you might ask, how does Microsoft's N-trig compares to wacom? Honestly, I don't know what they've made with it, but it feels great, the only issue as I mentioned is the required gentle push to make it draw, as Wacom's pens draw on contact. But I still prefer the Surface compared to Wacom Studio, as it's super portable. Wacom is now releasing new pens compatable with Surface pro 3-4, so that might get fixed soon
>>
File: 45-245-wacom24HD-1.jpg (17KB, 400x363px) Image search: [Google]
45-245-wacom24HD-1.jpg
17KB, 400x363px
>>2979172
- You're doing the calibration wrong if you think "it's shit"
- 97% color gamut - as if that matters. Nobody will notice if 3% of the colors are clipped, or even 8%. Nobody. This is a complete non-issue
- Clean the fans. Mine is 100% silent after 4 years. You probably bought it from a smoker.
- Get a 2-arm monitor mount and a vesa bracket set:
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Side-Monitor-Display-Mounting/dp/B00MIBN71I/ref=sr_1_2?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1494802498&sr=1-2&keywords=monitor+arm+double
and this:
http://www.staples.com/Ergotron-97-759-VESA-Bracket-Adaptor-Kit-For-Flat-Panel-Display-Up/product_IM1QQ0129
And do this: (see attached picture)

Taking it off it's massive stand is the best thing I ever did.

- the buttons on the right can be programmed independent of the ones on the left. You're wasting them. If you're not using both sets, and the radial menus (came free with the cintiq), you're missing out on a LOT of power and convenience.
>>
>>2979175
>-Screen is amazing, 97 Adobe color gamut, 2k screen on a 12 inch device, colors are calibrated when coming from factory.

Again, the Cintiq is 97%, and pointless. Do you even know how color calibration works, and how to use it? Do you have custom calibration files for using with a high end ink jet printer? Or are you just reading things from the Amazon description?

And, calibration from the factory is impossible, and shows you don't have the faintest clue what you're talking about, so stop.
>>
>>2979244
>>2979243
The older Cintiq is 92 color gamut, Cintiq Touch is 97.
I've done the pen calibration several times, it's shit compared to N-Trig that is.
About the colors I know my shit, also calibrated for web, not print as I don't create merchandise/sell prints.
/gd/ here, which occasionally draws.
The Surface screen does indeed have one of the best and accurate screen colors, which is even better on the Surface 4. It's a fact.
>>
>>2979261
The 24HD is 97%, sperglord. And, it doesn't fucking matter, I would bet the cost of 100 Cintiqs you couldn't tell the difference between 97 and 92, anyway. Even trained color professionals would have issues - the number is meaningless outside of pre-press, if it's in the 90's.

You don't know how to calibrate then. Did you even attempt to get the manual and read it?

/gd/ here, too - for 25+ years, senior designer, art director, Adobe Expert in Photoshop, trained in color correction professionally. You're talking out of your ass.

"Accurate"? To what? To even claim that shows you're just spouting off because nobody is taking your "review" seriously, and you're neckbearding hard because I called you out on your bullshit. I mean, you claimed to be reviewing N-trig in teh title of the fucking thread, and then posted "I don't know what it is but hurrrrrrrrrr I like drawing turtles with it" like a fucking retard.

And, you're being spastic about color, when you completely failed to notice that the Wacome has TWICE the pressure sensitivity of the Surface, which makes a huge difference. But - hurr durr - "92%", even though you don't know what that actually MEANS for the average user. You didn't even look at the fucking ON SCREEN TOOLS for the Epxress keys, which clearly show both sides can be programmed independent of each other. Because that would be actual work, instead of reading what's on the Amazon page.

Just shut the fuck up. A Wacom or Surface is completely fucking wasted on your lame ass, because you don't read the fucking manuals, you don't understand what they say, anyway, and this wasn't a review, you just wanted to show off your tech toys. Right? Right. Nobody learned a god damned thing from your "review". Now, fuck off.
>>
>>2979279
whew lad, just because something's not included does not mean shit, you're the one being completely autistic, just shut the fuck up
>>
I use an SP4, the wobble and the lower sensitivity is annoying but never in my fucking life will I use an EMR tablet again.

I cannot stand the calibration or the cursor drift.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.