[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with this? What does /ic/ think of abstract art?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 4626656343.jpg (104KB, 490x663px) Image search: [Google]
4626656343.jpg
104KB, 490x663px
Do you agree with this? What does /ic/ think of abstract art?
>>
Yeah, I do. Actions from people like this tells you a lot about them as a person.
>>
File: 2017.05.09 Cells sketch small.jpg (2MB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
2017.05.09 Cells sketch small.jpg
2MB, 1100x1100px
I like abstract art while still respecting figurative art.
Creating just shapes to make the viewer feel something tingles my brain.
>>
>>2978040
I see no principal difference between abstract and non-abstract art. People say "I don't get abstract art!" like they do get Renaissance or modern art to the extent more than "Oh, that's a person!"
>>
File: 1337048492467.png (164KB, 336x360px) Image search: [Google]
1337048492467.png
164KB, 336x360px
https://youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc

Frankly I don't. This comic begs a question but has no answer of its own. It puts the blame entirely on the audience and none on the work. "If you don't get it you're dumb", hmmm, I wonder who profits from that line of thinking? What does a line like "it's alive if you are" even try to say other than if you have a negative opinion about art without craft that you're just some faceless mass in a suit with no soul? The whole comic just screams that it was made by a spoiled art school student with issues, or someone with that mentality.

This entire line of thinking makes art incidental. It doesn't matter what's painted, just who is looking at it. Might as well stare at the painted walls in your room for all the good it does you.

>>2978219
This is one of the more retarded things I've seen on here, and that's saying a lot. Do you really think people are so dumb that every painting and sculpture they come across is a mystery they can't decipher beyond the immediate subject matter? That art itself is inherently esoteric? That's nonsense. If people can parse the entirety of a novel a single painting is not some unfathomable puzzle people "don't get". Art would have no purpose to us if that was the case.

You have an extremely condescending and immature way of thinking about the people around you, and a pompous manner of writing to boot. Work on that.

And no, I'm not here to say all abstract art or conceptual art is some Jewish trick. But if its purpose is to be scrutinized for the viewer to find their own opinions and meaning then it needs to be accepted that "a piece is poor and has no meaning and is of no interest" is, by the art's own statement, as valid a response as any.
>>
File: hilarity.gif (54KB, 276x296px) Image search: [Google]
hilarity.gif
54KB, 276x296px
>>2978040
I got secondhand embarrassment reading that tripe.
>>
Not as good as anime
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.