[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do u stop thinking and start doing bros?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 1494674961472.png (645KB, 670x997px) Image search: [Google]
1494674961472.png
645KB, 670x997px
how do u stop thinking and start doing bros?
>>
Concrete actionables.
>>
>>2978011
>Staring a new project before finishing the
w-whoa
>>
You have to apply yourself

You need to think in a different way

Don't think "I wanna do this, this is a cool idea, etc"
Think "This is a good idea, I'll do this right now (or think of a time when to do it, the point is you have to take that next step and be proactive about your dreams)

It's the hardest thing to do because the truth is we all enjoy laying back and just imagining doing things rather than doing them and the saddest part is we all feel bad about that.
You gotta break away from all this, get your life in order and make the first step to doing the right things

TL;DR just do it, there are no secrets and there are no barricades that you yourself have not put up
>>
File: 1383339413748.jpg (617KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1383339413748.jpg
617KB, 1600x1200px
Often a big part of the reason we never get to the stage of actually doing anything is because we spend so much time trying to perfect every little detail before we actually begin

This is not the way to go about it

Many artists who had greated great projects were asked if they felt their work communicated their message as well as they'd like. The vast majority said no.

It's important to finish things, if all you do is fiddle around making it better you will never finish everything. Even the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel is not perfect and I bet you if you spoke to Michelangelo he would be able to point out flaws in it but what's important is that it's finished and for what it is it is beautiful
>>
File: 1492561106330.png (96KB, 420x248px) Image search: [Google]
1492561106330.png
96KB, 420x248px
>>2978024
This

Also we are afraid of failure because instincts

Back in the day when we were hunting mammoths and tigers, trying to waste time and resources on a good ideia that could possibly bring food for the tribe for a long time, but if it failed it would starve the tribe to death, even if the ideia had like a 80/20 sucess/failure ratio, we would not use it because our lifes would be in danger in case of failure

Failure was fatal

But nowadays the world is not gonna stop spinning if your blog doesn't launch up, if your youtube carreer goes nowhere, or if your drawings sucks, so just do it
>>
>>2978915
>>2978024
You have no idea how much I needed to hear this. Thank you anons
>>
File: 1492890505628.jpg (59KB, 344x331px) Image search: [Google]
1492890505628.jpg
59KB, 344x331px
They say that "Writers don't like writing — they like having written. "

Well, I really like drawing. But I don't like having drawn. I hate finishing stuff.

Its like really enjoying a videogame, and then it just ends. I despise looking at my completed creations. I just delete them. Not because of the mistakes, but because you can see yourself naked in it. It's like looking at yourself in the mirror while eating.

I prefer to record my process. I care more about the performance than the results.

Sure, you can say "Just finish it and start a new one." But if you're really enjoying a subject, you don't want it to be over. You wouldn't try to finish sex as quickly as possible, right?

I think I'm going to quit art professionally It's just not feasible to make money if you're taking your sweet ass time.
>>
>>2978915
>>2978024
Good posts. There's a video somewhere called Finished Not Perfect which makes the point that even if you spend time over polishing and sinking so many hours into trying to make something perfect, your skill level will hopefully keep improving, so in a short while it'll look worse to you anyway.
Finish things as best you can and be excited to move onto the next piece, the next idea or project, and do it even better.
>>
>>2978011
You lack discipline. Discipline is what separates the dreamers from the doers.

Set a schedule. Follow it. If you don't follow it, take away something you enjoy.
>>
>>2978011
The hardest part is the start, just draw anything and you'll pick up the momentum.
>>
>>2978024
Did you make up a unix timestamp on a watermarked stock image just so you wouldn't look like a filthy redditor with reddit spacing?
>>
File: 1443625067372.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1443625067372.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>>2980509
What is reddit spacing?
>>
>>2978011
You can have the best ideas to make the world better, if they remain ideas, the world will never be better...
>>
>>2980589
a stupid meme plebbitors and underage fags use to shitpost, basically they focus on everything you do, even the way you type, they only ignore what you are saying
>>
>>2978011
it's not something you learn. You either have passion and drive or you don't.
>>
>>2980740
wrong.
>>
>>2980589

Something retards complain about that's been on 4chan for as long as 4chan.
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>2978011
These. They're soft enough to move quickly and broad enough to fill in a general outline. Use them in tandem with an electric eraser and you're golden. You'll never have to think again.
>>
>>2978011
Step 1. Stop browsing 4chan
Step 2. Do it
Step 3. Keep doing it.
>>
>>2980509
>I hate clarity in the things I read. I want all texts to be an eyesore.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.