[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

analyse the meaning of this picture or just guess the story

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1111.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1111.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
analyse the meaning of this picture
or
just guess the story that is behind it
>>
the artist really wants to be a drawer but cant seem to ctually make good drawings, so he just says the reason as to why he draws so bad is because its on purpose because its his "drawing/art syle"
>>
>>2975759
did you ever hear of abstraction?
Since I learned about that and had some trips that made me think about this topic, I decided that I want to make drawings with basic stylistic devices, so that the meaning of it seems clearer , instead of making it so hard to understand that no one can ever understand what you mean. IMO that is failure of art. Everyone should be able to get the meaning and participate on the thoughts of the artist.
But obviously I failed, because when it just seem to be a bad drawing than people dont think about it. They dont participate. That´s actually pretty sad.
So maybe I should rework my ideas or stick to a more realistic way of drawing, because I can make good drawings - atleast I find them pretty ok - to not fullfil your expectation of me....
>>
>>2975803
Proof that all abstract artists are total hacks.
Post your other work if you're just "choosing" to draw like shit.
>>
>>2975803
Being fucking stupid is not bait, or trolling, it's just being fucking stupid.

This isn't /b/.

Take your shitposting somewhere else. And if you really think your "abstraction" is worth more than the paper it's printed on, I'd recommend a psychologist for your delusions of grandeur and narcissism.

You give surrealists, abstract painters, and the like a bad name. Some of them do that themselves with ridiculous shit but you do that by being a shit artist and refusing to improve fundamentals.
>>
File: IMG_1112.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1112.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2975829
Here you go! Its just more like a rough draft, but its the only one I could find lying around in my room...
This aswell is more expressionistic, but if it has no meaning its worth shit.
And why am I a hack if I just want art to be understood. I want people to take part on art. We need no art, when only a small group of well educated people that studied that painting can understand its meaning.... I think your a hack if you want art to be only for some exclusive people!

>>2975859
THAT is narcistic!
Now to your post: Well I wouldnt consider myself a troll, but maybe I will post more on /b/ now, they seem to be pretty funny... But you´re right anyway, I´m as stupid as the rest of mankind.
My painting is worth the paper AND the graphit from my pencil thats now on it. I´m not Davinci, Picasso or somewhat like that. I just want people to start thinking. And guess what, it worked!
>your delusions of grandeur and narcissism
Thats nearly what I wanted to express with my painting. I´m not trolling, when I say that. It´s the truth! You started thinking about the way people are illusioned by their ego and beginn to love themselfs and their craft, while in reality they are as shit as anyone else. That is more than I could ever wish for! It´s ok that you find my drawning shit, it might be, what do I know... But keep thinking! That is what keeps this world going, thinking
>improves fundamentals
Thank you, my dear friend!
>>
>>2975926
Actually a clean white paper is worth more than a piece of paper with ugly graphite scribbles on it since it still is usable.
>>
>>2975942
That might be true. Now I´m sad, because I killed a tree.... :(
>>
>>2975926
Posting shit scribbles to show you aren't some autistic abstract "artist" doesn't prove anything. Your rough draft looks the same as your finished product in the other picture.

The only conversation you're starting here is how people like you need to accept how shit you are if you ever want to improve. Go study your basics.
>>
>>2975972
>Post your other work if you're just "choosing" to draw like shit.
>>2975829 this guy wanted to see something of my other work. I´m not focused around doing "normal" drawings, maybe I am some autistic pice of shit, but I dont care! As I said I´m not a Picasso or something. I never even claimed to be a good artist, but I know my basics and I understand the reason why art exists. Its about transferring a message to a wide audience. Art can be a sort of communication over the borders of language and culture.
If you think art is about beeing the best and doing stuff no one else can, you´re wrong. Art is not a competition! It´s not sport!
Maybe you should study the basic principle of art before whining that you dont´t like my art.
On a technical level it´s not that good, I know, it might be even shit, but that´s not my point. I try to transfer a message and I´m not trying to be the best. Never claimed to be one of them....
>>
>>2975926
>>2975803

Ok listen to me. I'm going to lay down some real shit on you.
The first step is to not rely on random internet strangers for feedback and validation. True validation can only come from yourself. If you look at your art and think to yourself: "wow I accomplished exactly what I set out to do" then congratulations! you don't need to draw anymore because you've reached your goal! If you look at your art and think to yourself: "I could've done a better job at x, y, and z", then work on x, y, and z in your next drawing. Don't trust other people. Onlu trust yourself. No one knows more about your standards for what art should be more than YOURSELF.
That being said, your art is bad. But you shouldn't feel bad. Everyone is at a different point on their own journey.

My advice for you is to look back at past artists and learn from them. From what you've written you seem to be very confused as to what you think art should accomplish and how art should accomplish that.
(In my personal opinion, art is not meant to express EXACTLY what the artist is feeling, but rather to allow enough vagueness for the viewer to insert themself into the piece of art. No one gives a shit about some random artist. They only care about themself and how they relate to the work of art [but that's besides the point])

I recommend that you check out:
Picasso
Matisse
Bacon
Freud
Pollock
Giacometti
Basquiat
Toulouse-Lautrec
Cezanne
Warhol

You may not dig all of those artists, but find the ones you do like and devour their artwork. Read their interviews. Read their biography. Watch documentaries on them. Read criticism on them. Look at their influences. Look at who they influenced. Steal from them. Be inspired by them.

Good luck, friend.
I wrote this all out because I was once at where you are now. If you want to become a better artist, then tou can. But you need to be driven.

If you have any questions, just ask.
>>
>>2975995
I´m a bit surprised: There actually are nice people on this side! You earned my deep respect for that post!

Maybe I wanted to provocate a bit with this post. I know my drawings are far from being the best or even good, even for an abstract artist. But afterall I´m just beginning and I´m still learning. I want to improve my flaws and get better.
I want to expand the general understanding of art, because I´m so fcked up by all those artist, who make art no one can understand it´s meaning, just to be a part of an exclusive group. I hate this idea of patriarchy in art. Art should be free from exclusivity!

>Onlu trust yourself. No one knows more about your standards for what art should be more than YOURSELF.
That´s so true! I will take that to heart!
>That being said, your art is bad.
I respect that. As I said, I´m still learning and I want to improve on a tecnical level and to some extend even the way I express stuff.

I´m not really confused as what I think about arts´ accomplishments, it´s just that English is not my mother toung and so it´s actually a bit difficult for me to express myself.
>In my personal opinion, art is not meant to express EXACTLY what the artist is feeling, but rather to allow enough vagueness for the viewer to insert themself into the piece of art.
I can agree on that. That is the acomplishment of art!
It´s meant more for the viewer and less in regard to the artist, as you said:
>No one gives a shit about some random artist. They only care about themself and how they relate to the work of art
Maybe I lost my focus and focused to strong on my point of you. Maybe I am narcistic.... Who knows....

>I recommend that you check out:
>Picasso
>Matisse
>Bacon
>Freud
>Pollock
>Giacometti
>Basquiat
>Toulouse-Lautrec
>Cezanne
>Warhol
I will definitly check out those guys and hopefully learn from them to get gud!

ah shit post´s to long....
>>
>>2975995
>>2976017
>Good luck, friend.
>I wrote this all out because I was once at where you are now. If you want to become a better artist, then tou can. But you need to be driven.
Thanks man! You seem to be a cool guy. I will take your words to heart and improve.

Maybe the art of drawing and painting is not the focus of my life, it´s more a hobby, but I still want to express, make people think! So I will try my best to get better.

However, I achieved with this particular drawing all I want. You guys were thinking about what art is about and how our ego influences the way we think about art and craft and ourselfs in a egocentric way. That´s why I do art and so I´m absolutly satisfyed with the outcome of my thread!
Thanks guys! Especially to you >>2975995 you absolutly earned my respect dude!
>>
>>2975988
Ignoring art and looking at marketing, how are you supposed to appeal to a wide audience with these autistic scribbles.

You're representing the endgame of modern art, where autistic little shits with no talent try to get away with being bad by calling it "abstraction".
>>
Kill yourself.

Your hubris is unbound.
>>
>>2976026
No one cares. Fuck off. This thread is literally

"HEY LOOK AT ME AND MY SHIT """""ART""""" LMAO ITS ABOUT EARNING MY RESPECT BRUH DO YOU EVEN MODERN ART XDDDD"

Why hasn't this been deleted yet?
>>
>>2975988
>I´m not focused around doing "normal" drawings
Because you can't, and instead of becoming able, you move the goalposts so that -by your special standards- you can draw.
>I dont care!
>Art is not a competition! It´s not sport!
This is what I mean. Instead of facing a problem, you screech that there never was a problem and continue being shit.

Fucking liberal arts.
>>
File: 1494381530866.jpg (43KB, 650x456px) Image search: [Google]
1494381530866.jpg
43KB, 650x456px
>>
>>2976026
>However, I achieved with this particular drawing all I want. You guys were thinking about what art is about and how our ego influences the way we think about art and craft and ourselfs in a egocentric way. That´s why I do art and so I´m absolutly satisfyed with the outcome of my thread!

No one was talking about any of that because of your shitty art. It's because of the thread and the fact that you explicitly asked for people to try to find a meaning in your drawing that took you all of 3 minutes to produce.
>>
>>2976034
>Ignoring art and looking at marketing, how are you supposed to appeal to a wide audience with these autistic scribbles.
I dont do it to market myself. As I said:
>Maybe the art of drawing and painting is not the focus of my life, it´s more a hobby, but I still want to express, make people think!
I do it because I have fun doing it, so it can be bad. But I don´t have to share it with you than, that´s true! But it´s to funny to lock at you rage and whine, although I said:
>Maybe I wanted to provocate a bit with this post. I know my drawings are far from being the best or even good, even for an abstract artist.
and
>I want to expand the general understanding of art, because I´m so fcked up by all those artist, who make art no one can understand it´s meaning, just to be a part of an exclusive group. I hate this idea of patriarchy in art. Art should be free from exclusivity!

>You're representing the endgame of modern art, where autistic little shits with no talent try to get away with being bad by calling it "abstraction".
Pls and I mean that with all seriousness explain to me what abstraction means. Im really interested. I learned it that way: Abstraction is the down boiling of the elements of a drawing so the way the artist see things is expressed and he gives the people seeing it the possibility to think their picture of those things over that way.
But maybe I´m wrong...

>>2976077
>Kill yourself.
That also could be a form of art....
>Your hubris is unbound.
> I know my drawings are far from being the best or even good, even for an abstract artist.
Do you know what hubris means? Not that....
But your whining is definitly unbound!
>>
>>2976078
>"HEY LOOK AT ME AND MY SHIT """""ART""""" LMAO ITS ABOUT EARNING MY RESPECT BRUH DO YOU EVEN MODERN ART XDDDD"
I never said i want respect, I said:
>It´s ok that you find my drawning shit, it might be, what do I know...
I just want people to start thinking about arts and crafts and how it influences the way we see ourselfs. Hate me for that, but I achieved even that.
>No one was talking about any of that because of your shitty art. It's because of the thread
You´re right, it was not really the drawing itself, more the way it was presented, but through presentation is one half of the way we look at an artwork!

>Why hasn't this been deleted yet?
dunno, try to get it deleted! honestly I´m slowly getting bored by it as well...
>>
>>2976095
Maybe I move some goalposts, because I like
>Fucking liberal arts.
Hate me for it, but I´m having the time of my life!
>and instead of becoming able
>But afterall I´m just beginning and I´m still learning. I want to improve my flaws (best English btw) and get better.
Dude, what does this mean?
I´m trying, I´m learning! Sorry, that I can´t fullfil your expectations!
>Art is not a competition! It´s not sport!
I don´t see the problem. If you are better than me, good for you, but I dont care! I don´t have to be as good as you, to be satisfied with the things I do.

>>2976114
>you explicitly asked for people to try to find a meaning in your drawing that took you all of 3 minutes to produce.
it might have took me 3 mins to produce, I can´t remember exactly... Maybe it was like 4 mins...
But there is a lot of thinking behind it. And instead of whining that my drawing is shit, you could start thinking about it´s litteral meaning. And yeah, to some extend it and the whole thread is just to provocate all you conservative art fans. You start thinking, we argue
>That is what keeps this world going
and I have the time of my life. So I´m happy!
>>
Its shit. You can use whatever excuse you want, its still shit.
There's no meaning behind it other than the facr that you suck at drawing and need a gimmick to even try and make it acceptable.
>>
jesus christ, crawl back under your rock all of you
>>
>>2975310
an autistic child abused by his parents draws his one and only waifu and after realizing that his drawing is shit starts crying in a corner knowing he's not gonna make it
>>
File: Gomen.png (446KB, 531x620px) Image search: [Google]
Gomen.png
446KB, 531x620px
>>2977777
Such a gorgeous get wasted like this, why is /ic/ like this?
>>
>>2977711
Not true. It's hideous even if it was a kid's drawing, but if it holds meaning to the artist, it's not meaningless. You can claim anything art. Does that make that turd art? Yes. Does it have any artistic value? No.

The problem is that a piece, that is both technically garbage and aesthetically unpleasant, will have trouble to make anyone even want to figure out a meaning behind the art. I also have my doubts the message of OP's shitfest holds any intellectual value.

My tip for OP: Learn about colors and composition at least so you can successfully convey an emotion to the audience. Because a 2nd graders pencil scribbles won't evoke anything in anyone and thus won't provoke thought. Even shitty modern "artists" like you should realise that.
>>
File: 780870789890.jpg (560KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
780870789890.jpg
560KB, 1224x1632px
I like it op, hope you don't mind me sharing my rendition
>>
As far as meaning goes I think it's about a woman with a huge nose and no ears torn between her good and bad side
>>
>>2975310
it's a fucking pile of shit, OP
>>
wow OP that is bad
>>
>>2978059
Winrar!
>>
File: 1279102198823.jpg (68KB, 788x603px) Image search: [Google]
1279102198823.jpg
68KB, 788x603px
hahaah thanks for the laughs lads
>>
>>2977780
That is far from a wasted get
>>
>>2977907
Thanks man! No problem, I really like your rendition.
I have to admit it´s much better than mine; technically and the meaning is delivered better!
I´ll take your version as an inspiration for my next works!
>>
>>2977916
> it's about a woman with a huge nose and no ears torn between her good and bad side
tell me, what´s good and bad. This adjectives are very vague. I think it´s more than that, it´s much deeper, because the fight between good and evil is such an overused and simple topic. It wouldn´t be worth a painting....
>>
>>2978365
>hahaah thanks for the laughs lads
yup it´s great xD
>>
>>2978419
I think that could be open to personal interpretation too, like it could hint at a moral struggle, or even a political struggle.
>>
File: 1492923350467.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492923350467.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>2977777
>>2977780
>>2978394

This get is perfect. It perfectly describes %99.99999999999999999 of /ic/
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.