[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you sign your artwork? Did you make up a cool signature? Do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Do you sign your artwork? Did you make up a cool signature? Do you use your real name? First and last?
I just thought it'd be nice to ask the most unimportant questions.
>>
My self-esteem with my art is so low and I'm such a perfectionist that I have never signed any of my work. I always feel like I have room to improve and thus don't feel proud enough to put my signature on anything. Also, signing work feels like an outdated concept.
>>
File: tumblr_on3kwipzAo1r05wk4o2_1280.jpg (213KB, 615x811px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on3kwipzAo1r05wk4o2_1280.jpg
213KB, 615x811px
>>2974840
Just write link to your portfolio/blog or your nickname in a way it can be recognized and googled
I also find a girl who sort of hide her signature - pic related, it's there not for recognition obviously, to prove her authorship maybe.
>>
No, but even if I did I wouldn't sign it like many do since the last century and a half or so, such as in op pic. Maybe on the side of a rock or a flat plane, and not in mere hand writing.
>>
>>2974840
I sign, date and title the back.
>>
>>2974895
>I'm such a perfectionist
i love when new artists call themselves perfectionists. if you were a perfectionist your art would be close to perfect. spending two hours on one shitty line that still comes out shitty doesn't mean you're a perfectionist it just means you're shitty.
>>
>>2979137
>if you were a perfectionist you would be skilled enough to draw perfectly
It doesn't work that way. And anon obviously meant that he isn't satisfied with what he does, not that it's anywhere close to perfect.
>>
>>2979144
it's just a word people use instead of "amateur". you aren't different than other beginners because you call yourself a "perfectionist". people say that as an excuse for their shittiness which is patently ridiculous because that word should only be applied to people who are amazing but dissatisfied with themselves.
>>
>>2979163
That's clearly not the case in that comment.
>>
>>2974840
Sometimes if I upload it to a site.

A little unrelated but I often have the feeling that people here view your art more negatively if you sign it, as if you are trying to show off.
>>
>>2979205
I think people only look at it negatively if it's really poorly done and you put a big watermark over it.
>>
>>2979211
>only
Nah. That also happen but I see elements of the other as well. I compare responses from stuff I have signed to stuff I haven't.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.