[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with tattoo stencil.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

So i'm this kind of situation where my local tattoo artist is a dumbass. I asked for a forearm tattoo, and the tattoo itself is a pattern, the guy told me that he has no fucking idea what do I want and how should he draw it on my skin so he told me to make a stencil by myslef, I tried, i'm no tattoo artist so have no idea how to model such thing. Please help
>>
File: Uzntitled.png (182KB, 812x289px) Image search: [Google]
Uzntitled.png
182KB, 812x289px
Here is what i made, but when printed out the lines don't connect properly so that's why I seek for help
>>
carbon transfer paper printer.
>>
>>2974521
Go to another "artist".
>>
also if he doesnt know how to apply the stencil or use transfer paper he needs to get the fuck out of tattooing. does this jackass even have a liscense? i dont and i obviosly know more than he does because i can apply a fucking stencil and ink it. and i dont even have any tattoos.
>>
>>2974522
dont use perspective on it, then go to another tattoo person and get it because that guy does not know what he is doing. sorry for same fagging but i would do a better job than this dumb ass and i just own a cnc machine and tattoo fruit..
>>
File: Uzntitled.png (161KB, 812x289px) Image search: [Google]
Uzntitled.png
161KB, 812x289px
>>2974522
The dimensions are in centimeters so I'm sorry for making this harder

>>2974528
Only artist one in 100km radius

>>2974530
Yeah i'm in deep russia, no one gives a fuck about licenses here.

He asks 170dollars for that tattoo. I will pay this much but need to figure out the stencil
>>
>>2974536
is he avory v zakone? if not find one. they will do a better job.
>>
>>2974539
vor v zakone*
>>
>>2974536
>Only artist one in 100km radius
Take a trip then. Or even better: Move to a real country.
>>
>>2974541
True artists stay inside lol.

>>2974542
Believe me if I could I would, he's my only choice.
>>
>>2974543
>>2974536
Anon, I'm telling you.
Go find another artist, if you can't make the trip to a better one then don't bother.

No tattoo is better than a shite and badly done tattoo.

You get what you pay for.

DONT FUCK THIS UP ANON.
>>
File: 20170511_135613.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_135613.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2974568
See it's not like he doesn't have standard tools, his tattoo's fade out, he just sucks at thinking hard designs and it seems that this one is to hard for him.

Seen tons of his work, they are really good, the thing is he never done a Pattern like This around the arm that's why he doesn't know how to make this stencil.

My stencil idea seems that should be fine but lines don't connect properly pic related.

PLS ANONS YELP.
>>
>>2974576
Why are you desperate for a tattoo?
If you're going to get one, wait until you can go to someone you can trust.
It's a lifetime thing so it's worth the wait.
>>
>>2974576
ill help if you do that same picture again but with your dick instead of that thumb
>>
>>2974576
Lol at those abstract vaginas
>>
>>2974589
As I said, I have no other option. It's this dumbass (Kind of think I shouldn't call him like that cause I also can't make the stencil) or no tattoo for the rest of my life lol.
>>
>>2974592
Ahh.. i'l pass.
>>2974594
Vaginas Ftw
>>
>>2974595
>or no tattoo for the rest of my life
are you about to die? or do you have your life planned in such a way that in the rest of your life (probably 60 years). you arent going to leave your city?
>>
>>2974604
Lol. ok I've overreacted.
>>
So I guess it will be easier just to not do the tattoo. Thanks for help anons.
>>
M8. Don't go to that tattoo parlour m8.
>>
>>2974521

if he can't make a fucking stencil of a pattern and put it on your arm what makes you think it'll turn out good in the end?
>>
>>2974609
Thank you for listening to us, really truly. I don't know how many times we've tried to talk people out of bad tattoo ideas and they haven't listened. Trust me, one day either you will be somewhere were there are more artists or more artists will come to you. Then you can have the tattoo you want. Until then, please wait. Good luck!
>>
I really don't see why he can't just take the time and draw it out on your arm and then trace it. This seems like an easy thing to do.
>>
>>2974536
This chick enaya does tattoos somewhere in your wastelands and she's got big titays.
>>
don't go to shitty tattooers m8, this going to stay with you for the rest of your life, do you want to have a botched tattoo on your forearm for everyone to see it? Really mate, don't do that.
>>
>>2975684
is that a Marie Antoinette tattoo, thats pretty cool
>>
>>2974536
Dude if your artist can't do something like this himself, DON'T let him tattoo you. Just wait until you can either take a trip somewhere to get it done by someone who knows what they're doing or forgo it all together. Not worth getting a wonky piece of shit on your body.
>>
>>2974609
Go to a 3d forum and ask them. This sounds like a UV unwrapping problem they might be able to solve.

Also, why not use a light projector onto arm and draw over it, then rotate arm a little, draw over it, continue until whole arm is done?
>>
File: 1493327320947.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493327320947.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>2975684
>getting a tattoo of a bandaid
>>
>>2974609
There's no way this guy would have been able to do a geometric pattern that wraps around your forearm seamlessly if he couldn't figure out how to plot the design directly on your arm with markers. There's no other good way to do it so it looks good. You made the right choice. Seek out a more skilled tattooist who specializes in geometric designs. You only get one chance with tattoos. You've gotta be picky,
>>
>>2978396
Anyway, not a tattooist. I'm a sculptor who puts very intricate geometric surface designs on forms. People ask me all the time if I use 3D software to make stencils/transfers. No. I use tape measures, rulers, compasses, and math. Each sculpture, like the human body, has a very unique form. The illusion of a pre-made 2D wrap is utterly broken when a cg design doesn't quite match up on a unique form. You have to draw it right on the form with math and a good hand.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.