[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

go to art school

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 10 years at an atelier.jpg (288KB, 620x1050px) Image search: [Google]
10 years at an atelier.jpg
288KB, 620x1050px
go to art school
>>
>>2974114
Can I get some suggestions as to what schools I should shoot for?
>>
>>2974181
one that doesnt leave you broke and in debt
>>
>>2974114
Okay! :D
>>
File: Kangaroo.jpg (6KB, 258x232px) Image search: [Google]
Kangaroo.jpg
6KB, 258x232px
go to an atelier
>>
>>2974181
shoot in*
>>
>>2974617

Nothing wrong with going to an atelier, Proko just doesn't do cartoon stuff. Erik Gist went to the same place and the guy does amazing comic book work.
>>
I am debating going back to art school so I can finish up my degree. I initially left because there was just too much going on, but I think I'm ready to return.

Yet, I really like taking classes I want to and working w/o having to worry about grades. I like working at my own pace and working as hard as I want to. I like the atelier I go to to take classes, but at the same time I hate being stuck with asshole teachers or ones I don't like.

So, I'm highly considering returning. Yet a part of me thinks I should just save my money and take a sabbatical from work so I can just draw comics and improve on my own.

I am kinda torn.
>>
>>2974181
Repin
Work on your fundamentals and also your russian, I think the last thread about it said tuition for 4 months was around $1400, and its a better investment than the shit your poor body has to metabolise every time you're feeling peckish.
>>
>>2974625
shoot up*
>>
You know, this reminds me of a story I'd like to get off my chest about the arrogance of STEM people.

I was happily walking across campus towards our massive new shiny, glass walled multi-million dollar government funded cheme laboratory when I realized I need to take piss. And what would other building than the the Visual Art department happened to be the nearest? So I was walking through the old building noticing that even though they haven't seen funding for renovation in decades, they seem to have done a good job preserving and what they do have, it felt very cosy. The bathroom was kind of nice clean and the halls were quiet.

On my way out I happened to see an active lecture hall, the lecturer was quietly helping one student at the front while the rest worked so it seemed somewhat akin to a tutorial session. Everyone there seemed pretty relaxed and as if they actually had enough time to properly wash and get well dressed this morning, they put a clear effort into their appearance. I had a minute so I stopped to glance at some work the students were producing.

This experience made me realize 3 things:
>This lecture hall is filled with complete and utter fucking plebs.
>I could draw geometric shapes by hand better and more accurately after my 1st semester tech comm. class than half the hacks and idiots in this class who can barely draw a straight line.
>Our arrogance is completely justified, fuck these tards, arts should not be a real university degree in the 21st century, keep your hobbies outside academia.
>>
>>2977162
STEM people suffer from Dunning Kruger syndrome, what else is new?
>>
>>2974906
So the courses at the Repin school are not in English?
>>
>parents say I have to go to college or they're giving me six months to find a job that can support an apartment
>I'm not good enough at art to get enough money
so what the fuck do I do
is going to art school worth it if only to give me more time to draw?
>>
>>2977787
what do you think?
>>
>>2978020
i don't know why do you think I'm asking
>>
>>2978051
You should get good enough at art in six months and start doing commissions. That's a "job".
>>
>>2977162
>I'm better at drawing than people who don't draw

Damn you sure told them m8.
>>
>>2977162
I'm really struggling to understand what point you're trying to convey- are you saying that people who don't have drawing as their primary goal aren't good at it?
>>
>>2974181
One that has a large number of students being hired in the field you want to work in, or having a large number of students who have gone on to make a name for themselves.
>>
>>2977162
t. can't even solve a linear equation
>>
>>2978084
It's the other way around, numbnuts. Read it over 5 more times so you can begin to understand what he wrote.
>>
>>2978096
He's just trying to be funny
>>
>>2974114
What about life drawing classes at my college?
>>
File: final.jpg (56KB, 454x405px) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
56KB, 454x405px
>>2974114
big papa proko
>>
File: final.jpg (87KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
final.jpg
87KB, 511x511px
>>2980607
Speghetoko
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.