[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is drawing upside down a meme?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Hands___21_by_mjranum_stock.jpg (94KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Hands___21_by_mjranum_stock.jpg
94KB, 1200x800px
Is drawing upside down a meme?
>>
Depends what you mean, it gets you into doing what its supposed to do, and that's drawing what you're seeing instead of drawing what you're thinking.
>>
>>2972704
That's not how you grip a pistol.
>>
>>2972754
Not OP but should you continue to copy pictures upside down until you can copy things just as accurately right side up? Or without reverting to symbol drawing or however you'd put it.
>>
>>2972873
>>2972704

Folks recommend it because you're forced to think in shapes/negative space. You're forced to make it accurate instead of unintentionally drawing your own interpretation.
>>
>>2972865
Makes you wish there was more reference of people properly gripping a pistol.
>>
>>2972704
Drawing upside down is an exercise you do at the very beginning once or twice until you get a rough idea how to truly draw what you see, and then never do again.
>>
>>2972873
it doesnt matter. its just an exercise, not something you do all the time
>>
>>2972873
There's no real point to that, other than as a party trick.

You can check your work by turning it upside down, to check the composition, etc, but there is no legit use to drawing upside down.
>>
File: handgun grip.jpg (68KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
handgun grip.jpg
68KB, 900x601px
>>2972876
just watch youtube videos of competition shooters
>>
>>2972920
competition shooters don't shoot like normal people.
>>
>>2972865

they taught teacup for eighty years you noguns retard
>>
>>2972704
Yes and no.

You will never really need to draw something upside down since you can just flip the paper, but if you really know your shapes instead of symbols you should be able to.

shapes can be read from any angle.

One artist once showed me how he drew a figure upside down from imagination. Not because he needed to, but he knew his anatomy so well that it didn't matter from which angle he did it.
>>
File: jeff-cooper-2.jpg (34KB, 661x496px)
jeff-cooper-2.jpg
34KB, 661x496px
>>2972926
they use the same two thumbs forward, high up grip everyone else uses.
>>2972935
*blocks your path*
>>
Drawing upside down from reference is fine and dandy but drawing upside down from imagination has helped me the most
>>
>>2972945
What do you do if you're drawing an upside-down person from imagination?
>>
>>2972873
It works for eyes drawing for sure
>>
>>2972704
The only time I do this is when drawing parts of an oil portrait such as the face.
Not for the whole thing, maybe just the relationship between the mouth and chain, etc.
>>
>>2972704
This exercise convinced me I had what it took to learn to draw. Not that I'm great now or anything, but before I literally didn't feel like I had the capacity. One upside-down Picasso and I was already drawing way better than I ever thought possible.

It's not a meme.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.